Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2021, 08:26 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Compared to when? Tell us,when was it ever truly Kumbaya? Nobody ever truly "got along" IMO.
One does not need to live in Utopia, to recognize how things have gotten worse with race relations.

Generally speaking black people were more grounded in American culture and values back when things were tougher for them, whether it be in the 50's or beyond.
They as full blooded Americans had assimilated into our culture and were enjoying more and more of what America had to offer.
They insured their kids went to school, to church, had respect for their country and their elders. Then again, many more were cohesive families with a dad at home to help raise the kids. Today, the latest figures show a whopping and frankly depressing number of 74% of black children are born out of wedlock.

Back in the day there was not professional racial grievance merchants trying to stir up black people, as things have been getting progressively better for them.
Had the opposite been true, that would be one thing.
However no one can say blacks of the past had it easier or better than those coming of age today. Yet you have an almost militant mentality spreading among segments of the black population to believe their lives are worse off, and that evil white racists are to blame.

That is absurd, except to those in Hollywood, the MSM, and many a leftist Democrat.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 08:38 PM

4,910 posts, read 2,059,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
This will get worse....you need to carry more than pepper spray.
I live in the metro Seattle area and where this beating took place is the area I grew up in.

When I’m inside Seattle city limits to visit family or whatever, I’m armed with a legal 9mm pistol since I’m a retired LEO, now I purchased a can of O/C and a steel baton to keep in my vehicle when driving through Seattle since the city council, aka: Clowncil became openly anti police and defunded them.

Now cops a are fleeing at record numbers and with them, they’re taking all their skills and knowledge they’ve learned over years of service. So in a round about way, the city’s Clowncil also “defunded” the Seattle police of a huge percentage of highly trained and experienced officers.

Plus recruitment is WAY DOWN and Seattle PD can forget about seeking out and hiring experienced officers from other departments since nobody is stupid enough to transfer to SPD.

My predictions for 2021, violent crime will continue to increase at an alarming rate and more and more cops will continue to leave.

Old 08-10-2021, 08:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Agree, and the point I was trying to make was, in Chicago there are about equal numbers of Blacks and Latinos, and they live in pretty equal overall socioeconomic neighborhoods. Yet something like 80% of violent crime is committed by Blacks. And even though there are large Latin Kings presence and some dangerous Latino neighborhoods, they (Hispanics) are not going into other neighborhoods and causing trouble or committing crimes against innocent people. Even forgetting crime for a minute, I have rarely witnessed Hispanics being loud or disruptive on busses, trains, or in stores. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same for Blacks.
But this is what you wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx
Yea but you like using Chicago as an example when in New York Id say I encounter mentally ill blacks Latinos whites on public transportation.

I’d say it’s equally high for black Americans and Puerto Ricans.

Take Los Angeles, Phoenix, El Paso for example I can see Latino crime mostly by Mexican Americans that make news daily.

Chicago is also a very typical example because it was always a very high crime place during prohibition and throughout its history and is quite known for its corruption. And yes of course it doesn’t mean we should ignore crime there.

I watched a video of a man doing some type of review of a restaurant and talking to locals in the area about the place and the man was carjacked in broad daylight (no he wasn’t black it was a white guy by the way).

Chicago honestly NEVER EVER ever had a great reputation as a city for a very long time even before blacks and Latinos came there in large numbers.

And I honestly dont think cities at this point have a large amount of underclass whites. They’re concentrated in very rural areas while for underclass blacks and Latinos outside of the south and west it’s in large urban metro areas.
All of those bolded statements are false.

Old 08-10-2021, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtheblack View Post
I’m curious. Why will mods allow a free flow discussion of black violence directed at white people and not a similar discussion of white supremacy?
I cannot speak for any mods, but don't conflate discussions of real crime (backed by government stats) between races, and the ubiquitous white supremacy claim, which today can mean almost anything and everything to those who throw the term around.
The Nazi and KKK types are few and far between these days, and while there are some bigoted/prejudiced people out there, they are a very small minority.

`

Old 08-10-2021, 08:52 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
I guess it depends. Like I said, I don't agree with racism at all. I'm in an interracial relationship, went on mission trips to Haiti and Guatemala to help those in need, and have a Black owned tutoring business outside of my main job that I started with a good friend of mines whose also Black.

At the same time, though, I think focusing on racism more than these negative elements is an error. Keep in mind that I do believe it's very much possible to focus on both but I believe latter holds far more weight than the former.

Online posters on sites like 4Chan that say the N Word(with the er at the end) and people who hold racist views privately in their home lives are a non-factor in the grand scheme of things. The last time a true racist lashed out at Black people in a horrifying way was back in 2015 with the Charleston Church shooting but that was a looong time ago and an isolated incident.

The negative elements in the Black community don't defend "non-stereotypical" law abiding Black people as much as we do them though which explains why that BLM activist Sasha Johnson got shot by the very people she tried fighting for in London. Not only do they play a big role in hurting our overall reputation but they prey on us more than any other demographic.

A lot of people deemed "racist" are just saying what they feel the Black community doesn't say enough to our violent offenders and degenerates. They feel the Black community is too relaxed in letting them run amok, hence the frustration.

That's why I see it both ways. I don't condone innocent Black people facing racism at all and stand against it. But someone telling the truth about why the Black community gets the reputation we have as a collective isn't racist. It's just the truth. I could lie and say that the average young Black man that Whites encounter is decent and sophisticated like myself but I'd look like Pinocchio lol. And it pains me to say that but it's the truth.
Seeing what I've seen, I do believe some people only bring up crime/violence within the Black underclass as a way of saying "stop talking about racism". One of the reasons I have trust issues when talking about crime.

And as I mentioned earlier, it goes beyond the 4chan and the internet. I've dealt with being called that word to my face in real life. I've dealt with people being racist towards me.

I do not defend the negative elements of the underclass segment of the Black population. I do not associate with such individuals. I do what I can to avoid such individuals. I talk about the underclass criminal elements. I don't go after the Black population as a whole. I go after a specifically subculture, an underclass subculture.

There are many people who don't seem to make a distinction between Black people and the Black underclass. I tend to see such people as racists because of how they are saying certain things, and the tone of resentment towards the Black population that I see. If it was merely about the underclass subculture within the Black population, then talk explicitly about that. When people come to the table with an attitude of "Black people are a violent race" or "I don't like Blacks and this is why", said persons aren't worth listening to. I feel this way because of things that I have been through in my life.

I disagree with you when you say that the average young Black male isn't any good. I find that to be dishonst and disgusting.

Old 08-10-2021, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Black people had more voter protections on August 8, 1965 than they have on August 8, 2021. It is an eternal verity that no victory stays won, especially when it concerns the rights of non dominant culture persons.

Why not name 3 examples of greater voter protection in 1965 than today (please be specific)?

For that matter, please give 3 examples of how blacks were better off in the 1960's than they are in 2021?

`

Old 08-10-2021, 08:55 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
Black people had more voter protections on August 8, 1965 than they have on August 8, 2021. It is an eternal verity that no victory stays won, especially when it concerns the rights of non dominant culture persons.
Really? We've reinstituted poll taxes and literacy tests? Who knew!

Old 08-10-2021, 09:15 PM

13,753 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
One does not need to live in Utopia, to recognize how things have gotten worse with race relations.

Generally speaking black people were more grounded in American culture and values back when things were tougher for them, whether it be in the 50's or beyond.
They as full blooded Americans had assimilated into our culture and were enjoying more and more of what America had to offer.
They insured their kids went to school, to church, had respect for their country and their elders. Then again, many more were cohesive families with a dad at home to help raise the kids. Today, the latest figures show a whopping and frankly depressing number of 74% of black children are born out of wedlock.

Back in the day there was not professional racial grievance merchants trying to stir up black people, as things have been getting progressively better for them.
Had the opposite been true, that would be one thing.
However no one can say blacks of the past had it easier or better than those coming of age today. Yet you have an almost militant mentality spreading among segments of the black population to believe their lives are worse off, and that evil white racists are to blame.

That is absurd, except to those in Hollywood, the MSM, and many a leftist Democrat.

`
While I was growing up in San Francisco (60's and 70's) the population was about 30% black. I played with the black kids who lived in my neighborhood and maybe 30-35% of my high school was black.

I can't recall a single black kid I knew who didn't have a mother and father.

Now, was there racism? Of course, I was a SF Giants fan and rooted for Garry Maddox (black) to win the Rookie of the Year over another SF Giant rookie (white.) My friend would inevitable toss out, "Well, he's a n-er" whenever we argued who was the better player. When my cousins visited SF they were chastised by my mother for their usage of the n-word.

I never said anything when I heard whites use n-er but I didn't feel comfortable. I thought it wasn't a nice thing to say.

Old 08-11-2021, 04:29 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
I'm a young Black man(See my profile pic). A lot of young Black men under the age of 35 are trash, although some like myself are great people. Young Hispanic men aren't much better either.

I have no problem admitting that either. It's easier to acknowledge an uncomfortable truth than live in an illusion. Most "anti-Blackness" is driven by bad experiences with the negative elements of the Black community.

Most people don't have a problem with Blacks and Hispanics that are productive, law abiding citizens. Just the ones who contribute to negative scenarios and impacts like the guy in the video. I'm doing my part running a tutoring business on the side with another non-stereotypical Black man from New York to ensure that more Black kids don't grow up to be degenerate trash like so many.
Bingo!

I agree with you 100%

I am white and worked in the ghettos of Wash, D.C.

I had many black co-workers who were also good friends and kept saying the same thing.

I will never forget my best friend, black, who said 1 time as we were walking down a street and saw a small group of black guys."I hate those f**king n**gers, they give the rest of us blacks a BSD NAME!"

Being surprised, he then then told me what a "n**ger" was.

Old 08-11-2021, 04:37 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm 35 years old. I think there are many young Black men who are complete trash. I also understand that the majority of young Black men are NOT trash. The thing is, the criminal underclass elements scream the loudest and have no shame about doing bad stuff.

This is the thing with me. I know that there are many young Black men who are trash. I don't find it easy to talk about it. Black people are already the most looked down on group in America. We've been looked down on from day one. When you're already looked down, well, it segues into this.

Why would I want to talk about any of this with someone who has anti-Black attitudes. Said persons have already made their choice to be hateful and anti-Black. I don't care why said persons are anti-Black. You might say it could come from experience. My own experiences have involved running into some anti-Black individuals who were from places were very few Blacks lived. Some of it could come from experience. Some of it is just plain old bigotry.

I had the displeasure of dealing with someone who felt the need to vent their own anti-Black attitudes at me. Said person talking about how he was "sick of Black people" and "majority of Black people are ghetto" and blamed it on then-President Obama. Now, I'm far from ghetto. I've been described as nerdy. This guy felt the need to lash out to me. Let's just say I never spoke to him again. Anyone coming at me with anti-Black animus, I don't think said person should be part of the conversation. All said person brings to the table is rage, arrogance, and hate.

I know there are plenty of people who don't hate Black people. When it comes to this discussion about crime in the Black people, the loudest voices are the ones with the most anger and disdain towards Blacks. When those are the loudest voices, more time will be spent trying to shout them down. More time will be spent trying to prove to hateful individuals how wrong they are. Less time is spent on actually talking about solutions. More time is spent dealing with racial tensions and animus.

I'm doing what I can to be a productive member of society. Sadly, people remember thugs and hood rats more. People like us get lost in this.
One reason some think the way you just described is because the media ONLY SHOWS THE BAD STUFF.

AS they, If it bleeds, it leads"!

They show the BAD things pro athletes do but seldom do any stories on all the pros who ARE INVOLVED in good commmity projects, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies