Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 10:29 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,480,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Are you serious?! Had he listened we wouldn't be in this mess! Again, we are not mad that he ended the war, it's HOW. HE. WITHDREW. We could've prevented the Taliban from taking back control and got everyone out with much much much MUCH fewer casualties. There were so many other options and had Biden listened to his military personnel (seeing as they're literally being paid to do that) this could've been prevented.

What a sick and twisted comment. then again, not surprised knowing who it's coming from. You should grab your soap box and preach this joke of a comment to the families in the US who will never see their loved ones again.

But what do you care? Trump is gone so that's all that matters to people like you.
How exactly do you think that would have been done differently? Perhaps put more U.S. troops out there in the boonies with the Afghan army? That army who had already been undercut by Trump directly making his own deal without consulting any of the Afghan leadership there?

The Afghan Army had seen the writing on the wall as soon as those Taliban leaders were released by Trump.

I'm struggling to understand how this present situation could have been avoided had Biden kept to the original time line negotiated by Trump. I'm struggling to understand how on the one hand a lot of you are quite eloquently stating the Taliban cannot be trusted EVER, but on the same hand you're willing to give them full trust they would have lived up to Trump's deal.

This juncture would have occurred regardless because the Taliban never intended to let ANYONE of Afghani heritage having aided the U.S. in any measure, leave alive. Those Taliban leaders held in custody were the only bargaining chip you had to a strife-free pull-out - once they were released, it was game over!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 10:32 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,319,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The lengths you guys go to vilify him.

He's your president, and we're in a time of crisis.

Used to be, people who considered themselves Americans briefly withheld their criticism and behaved in a united way during a crisis situation. For the benefit of the "United" States.

Because he caused this mess!!!!!! He was warned he'd create a vacuum if he withdrew the way he did!!! Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?! And with everything we're seeing as well as how they're handling getting out people out, you bet your ass I'm pinning this on him.

You said it yourself, he's the President. I sure as hell didn't vote for him, but he's our CIC. THIS. FALLS. ON. HIM. This makes Saigon look like a papercut! It is incredible how people like you can continue to defend Biden as well as the mess he made.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:33 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
They correctly sense weakness from the spineless Biden administration. They behaved far better from 2017-2020. Connect the dots.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BobNJ1960 again.

+1

Old 08-26-2021, 10:34 AM

539 posts, read 240,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
These deaths are on Joe Biden AND EVERY SINGLE LIBERAL WHO VOTED FOR THIS CLOWN!
Amen clown indeed

Old 08-26-2021, 10:34 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
They were wiped out. We hit them so hard they couldn't reform. ISIS doesn't like the Taliban and they don't care of Jihadists either. Al Qaeda doesn't like ISIS either and told the Taliban they have their back. Many member of ISIS are recruited because they don't believe in what the other groups stand for. ISIS gives them what they're looking for.
They weren't wiped out. Obviously.

They were in the shadows, waiting to pounce, like a spider.

And yes, they didn't pounce under Trump because they'd likely have had a nuke dropped on the country.

So thank god they waited.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:35 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
Can we please have Trump back now?
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 08-26-2021, 10:36 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,319,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
How exactly do you think that would have been done differently? Perhaps put more U.S. troops out there in the boonies with the Afghan army? That army who had already been undercut by Trump directly making his own deal without consulting any of the Afghan leadership there?

The Afghan Army had seen the writing on the wall as soon as those Taliban leaders were released by Trump.

I'm struggling to understand how this present situation could have been avoided had Biden kept to the original time line negotiated by Trump. I'm struggling to understand how on the one hand a lot of you are quite eloquently stating the Taliban cannot be trusted EVER, but on the same hand you're willing to give them full trust they would have lived up to Trump's deal.

This juncture would have occurred regardless because the Taliban never intended to let ANYONE of Afghani heritage having aided the U.S. in any measure, leave alive. Those Taliban leaders held in custody were the only bargaining chip you had to a strife-free pull-out - once they were released, it was game over!

Trump's initial plan was to begin withdrawing before May. The Taliban have a fighting season which begins in July. His plan was to get people at the embassy out but keeping enough soldiers there to handle fighting season until it was over which is usually in late September, early October. And at that point, it would be up to Afghanistan's army and government to protect its people. We can't be the world police all the time, nor can we continue to hold their hand.

Even if it did fall, (and it probably would have at some point) it would've been due to Afghanistan's army failing, not us. We did everything we could for them. Biden destroyed any chance of them even trying to operate as a country without terrorist influence.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:37 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Are you seriously defending a terrorist organization?! What the hell is wrong with you?! The Taliban took over the country. And seeing has they took all of their military equipment we left behind, as well as Al Qaeda confirming to the Taliban that they have their backs against threats like the US and even ISIS, it's pretty clear who's running the show.

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but my God is it inaccurate.
I'm not defending anyone. I'm assigning blame for acts, by who perpetrated them.

Pointing out that Sirhan Sirhan isn't responsible for the shooting of Ronald Reagan, for example, isn't defending him. It's just speaking the truth.

Getting my information from a Reuters journalist on KLBJ who has been there in Afghanistan for years, and speaks with experience.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:37 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,586 times
American blood shed on Bidens watch.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:38 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

We should never have pulled out, that’s how it should have been different. We only had a few thousand troops there. No deaths in over a year. Biden has made America weak and he has cost the lives of not only those in the latest terrorist attack there but also future ones that will come of this country. Even at left wing as Obama was, he understood the need to keep a presence there. Biden is an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies