Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2021, 03:54 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It's not too much at all. I know people who have gotten tested several times a week. The point is there is an alternative to the vaccine.
Pointless considering vaccinated people also are catching and spreading covid in high numbers.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:54 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,601,138 times
Quote:
You don't have to get vaccinated. You can be tested every week. The choice is yours if you work for one of these employers. Or you can go to work for an employer who has 99 employees or less. We're trying to get a handle on a pandemic. Drastic times call for drastic measures.
I thought you leftists champion private business right/free market?

Old 09-09-2021, 03:55 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
So funny that the government allowed so-called “essential workers” to work through a pandemic without a vaccine, but now you are not allowed to eat and pay bills unless you do what you are told. Lmao

274 posts, read 318,814 times
Quote:
Most people can collect government assistance from the privacy of their homes thereby not going out and about helping spread a virus during a pandemic.
That is a poor argument on so many levels. So "most" people on any form of Govt assistance don't leave their homes? Ever? How is that any different than WFH folks of private companies?

Full disclosure, I voted for Biden, (barely, probably wouldn't again) and am vaccinated and in full support of vaccinating EVERYONE. Even though I know scientifically we can't "control" a virus, I think 100% vaccine compliance would provide the best overall outcome in the near term. Well, other than exercise and a whole foods diet.

It's silly to mandate the vaccine for private businesses, but not mandate it to collect all forms of Govt assistance. I'm quite certain folks on Govt assistance would average out to be higher risk than the average of 100+ business working employees.

It's inconsistent, illogical, and comes off as a very transparent that health is not really the #1 priority, but #2 to politics. If you don't agree with that in principle, then you're viewing the situation from a really slanted lens, associated with a carved in stone ideology.

5,209 posts, read 1,798,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
There has NEVER in the history of this country been a more divisive regime than this one. NEVER. It is not in any way a close call.

He took an already divided nation, and actually made us worse. The people I know who voted for him....all they wanted was a place holder to calm things down. I don't know anyone who actually liked him. But this? What I am witnessing now is the most divided I've ever seen things. I have family members who don't speak to me because I'm not vaccinated, or because of my views about Covid. This administration and it's media puppets have taken a wrecking ball to this nation, at a time when we are all hurting from Covid and the economy. Every day it gets worse. It is heartbreaking.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:56 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I thought you leftists champion private business right/free market?
They have zero principles.

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Oh yeah.........speaking of employers. Time off to get a shot (and he did say or bringing a family member)is another part of his plan.
Not specified is whether or not the government will pay for hourly employee wages or reimburse the employer.
You notice one thing he didn't say would be paid for is those weekly tests in lieu of the shot.
No shot? You cover the cost of proving you might be even safer than those compliant vaxxers spreading and catching the virus.

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Pointless considering vaccinated people also are catching and spreading covid in high numbers.
That's a sad fact. The objective is to keep people from being hospitalized and dying. The majority in hospitals and dying are unvaccinated. If people get the vaccine it will cut down greatly on both.

7,826 posts, read 2,731,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
You sure have a lot to say.
Here is how it applies to TB....how is covid any different??

https://www.osha.gov/tuberculosis

Old 09-09-2021, 03:57 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,601,138 times
*Unruly customers or employees protest mask or vaccine mandate at private business *

Leftist: free market! Business right!

*Biden tells private businesses to get the jab or get tested weekly*

Leftist: free ma…oh, never mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies