Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2021, 04:07 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I was in favor of testing for quite some time, and I use home tests. But I'm not in favor of mandated testing anymore.
It is unsustainable anyway. I have been trying to get a test at my local CVS and the wait is 4 weeks.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:08 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,142,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Yes, it is true insanity. The harm this is causing and will cause our country and its citizens is far worse than the virus.
Forcing people to take a vaccine is insane. Are these companies, if they comply going to compensate workers or thier families for death or injury if it occurs from the vax? I bet no. Workers comp wont, as the vaccinations are done on the employees own time.

The testing option might be popular due to the above im thinking. Lawsuits and bad PR are not desireable for companies either.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:09 PM

3,073 posts, read 1,303,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
It is unsustainable anyway. I have been trying to get a test at my local CVS and the wait is 4 weeks.
I think one think many are overlooking now is weekly testing will be nearly impossible if every company 100 or more is doing it. Testing centers won’t really be able to keep up with like 60 million people testing every week. Every 2 weeks may be more logical

Old 09-09-2021, 04:09 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,311,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

Anyone who wants the vaccine can get one.
Not true. Right now only 12 and up can get the vax.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:10 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
He has declared war on Americans and the Constitution.
We're in WWIII right now.

Instead of kinetics, it's a subtle bio EVIL approach.

After all, there are too many "useless eaters" anyway....

Oh how I miss the 70's~90's

Old 09-09-2021, 04:11 PM

19,815 posts, read 9,381,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You don't have to get vaccinated. You can be tested every week. The choice is yours if you work for one of these employers. Or you can go to work for an employer who has 99 employees or less. We're trying to get a handle on a pandemic. Drastic times call for drastic measures.
But is it really "drastic times"?

Look at the death rates. Overall, about 650,000 people have reportedly died from or with COVID in about 20 months, and that is little more than 1 in 500 U.S. residents. Moreover, the death rate is now down to about 1,000 deaths per day, and in some states, the deaths have gone WAY down, and in some counties, it is little more than a blip. (I live in a county of slightly more than 30,000 people with an average age of 53.0 years, and we have had a total of only 30 deaths attributed to COVID.) Now, surely, as most COVID deaths are in those over 70, at least some of those people who died "from COVID" would have died anyway within the past 20 months.

So, taking the above into consideration -- and the fact that the 1918 flu pandemic was MUCH worse and yet the U.S. and the rest of the world recovered "naturally" from that even without a vaccine -- WHY are so many people treating this as if it was the Black Death (1346-1353) in which 75-200 million people died out of a world population of about 400 million? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estima...rld_population

Yes, it is sad when people die, but the fact is that people die more from other diseases than they currently do from COVID*-- so why are drastic measures being proposed, when there is now an average of "only" 20 deaths per state per day?

Of course, some will say that you don't catch cancer or heart disease from other people, and of course that is TRUE (except possibly from secondhand tobacco smoke), but if people can become infected from vaccinated people, also, why the push to get everyone vaccinated when the vaccines themselves might be dangerous to some people?

*According to the National Cancer Institute, about 600,000 people die from cancer each year in the U.S. which comes out to about 1,640 people per day https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/...0the%20disease. And heart disease is even worse when it comes to causing death, responsible for about 655,000 deaths annually in the U.S. https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm

Last edited by katharsis; 09-09-2021 at 04:39 PM..

Old 09-09-2021, 04:12 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,798,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Not true. Right now only 12 and up can get the vax.
Biden's plan was about employers.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:13 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,721,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post

get the home kit for $27. You get two tests in each kit

Old 09-09-2021, 04:14 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,241,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
But is it REALLY "drastic times"?

Look at the death rates. Overall, about 650,000 people have reportedly died from or with COVID in about 20 months, and that is little more 1 in 500 U.S. residents have died from COVID in 19 months. Moreover, the death rates are now down to about 1,000 deaths per day, and in some states, the deaths have gone WAY down, and in some counties, it is little more than a blip. (30 deaths in a county of slightly more than 30,000 people with an average age of 53.0 years.) Now, surely, as most COVID deaths are in those over 70, at least a good proportion of those whose deaths were classified as "COVID deaths" would have died anyway within the past 19 months.

So, taking the above into consideration -- and the fact that the 1918 flu pandemic was MUCH worse and the U.S. and the rest of the world recovered "naturally" from that even without a vaccine -- WHY are so many people treating this as if it was the Black Death (1346-1353) of in which 75-200 million people died out of a world population of about 400 million? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estima...rld_population

Yes, it is sad when people die) but the fact is that people die more from other diseases than they currently do from COVID*-- so why are drastic measures being proposed, when there is now an average of "only" 20 deaths per state per day?

Of course, some will say that you don't catch cancer or heart disease from other people, and of course that is TRUE (except possibly from secondhand tobacco smoke), but if people can become infected from vaccinated people, also, why the push to get everyone vaccinated when the vaccines themselves might be dangerous to some people? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

*According to the National Cancer Institute, about 600,000 people die from cancer each year in the U.S. which comes out to about 1,640 people per day https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/...0the%20disease. And heart disease is even worse when it comes to causing death, responsible for about 655,000 deaths annually in the U.S. https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm
The US COVID mortality rate is 1.6%. And fools think we are living in "drastic" times now.

Buckle up, buttercups.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:15 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,078,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Or tested. They can be tested in lieu of the vaccine. There will be no forced shots for private businesses.
Why should a free people submit to testing? Especially if you are not sick?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies