Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2021, 04:22 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,798,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Why should a free people submit to testing? Especially if you are not sick?

It is wearing on people to submit to constant medical surveillance. I've watched my daughter get tested again and again. One time the guy rammed the swab far up her nose, where it really hurt. Every part of me was like "Get your grubby swab out of my daughter's nose." The car next to ours had three young kids getting swabs rammed up their noses. There is a point where people say ENOUGH. This isn't China. We can use home tests as needed.

When I used to teach yoga, these things called Consent Cards were popular. The theory was that you shouldn't touch another person (to adjust their posture) without their consent. That theory came from the progressive left. The same crowd that advocates mandated injections and invasive swabbing.

5,450 posts, read 2,720,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
A home test kit is a good thing to have around if you are exposed to someone with COVID or if you experience symptoms. Otherwise, there is no reason to test per the CDC.
I had symptoms

but the test verified negative. Later the symptoms went away

8,051 posts, read 10,644,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So funny that the government allowed so-called “essential workers” to work through a pandemic without a vaccine, but now you are not allowed to eat and pay bills unless you do what you are told. Lmao
So, the mandate will not apply to:

- people on welfare and other government hand-outs (who working people support with tax dollars)

- prisoners ( in jail for harm to others and breaking laws)

- immigrants pouring over the southern border from other countries (who working people will support with tax dollars)

- refugees being brought in from other countries (who working people will support with tax dollars)

- wealthy people (who don't have to work for an "employer")

Just mandate the American WORKING PEOPLE who get up everyday and try to earn a living, be independent, and support themselves. Cut off their source of sustenance if they won't "comply".

Despicable.

Even if you agree with this vaccine mandate just know this. They will now mandate any and everything they so choose by threatening to cut off your source of sustenance if you don't comply with it. The next time, it will be something that YOU don't want to be forced to do. But you will have no choice. It will not end with this.

There is no return to "normal".

Old 09-09-2021, 04:23 PM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
These tests are sold out all over.

Add millions on to testing 2x per week? Ikes
Logistics isn’t the strong suit of the children in charge of the federal government. Just ask everyone abandoned behind enemy lines in Afghanistan.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:23 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewes View Post
I agree.... ITS PAST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me three!

Old 09-09-2021, 04:24 PM

274 posts, read 318,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Even that's overreach. No means No. End of Story. Any attempt at influencing a personal medical choice attempted by anyone other than your own doctor is inappropriate and should be a federal felony. There's a reason doctor-patient privilege is a thing.
Yes, that is a good point. While it may be simple enough to lie and get a pass for now, even that is too much as it sets the tone and could require more "proof" down the line.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:25 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Holy shyt!!! This is worse than ANY scenario people feared from Trump.

I'd never take a drug test for an office job, and I'm not going to take covid tests for an office job either unless I'm feeling sick. I did it once, to initially return to the office. It's the only time I've been tested. I got the stupid vax that was supposed to save the world, I'm not going to continue getting injected with the same stuff that clearly ISN'T the solution. Find a better solution.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:28 PM

7,149 posts, read 4,745,406 times
Biden* shouldn't badmouth black and brown people like that. They are the majority not wanting the shot.
He's a racist.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:28 PM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Holy shyt!!! This is worse than ANY scenario people feared from Trump
The fools who voted for Biden were warned. I hope they get tested 10 times a day along with a full body cavity search just to make sure the virus isn’t hiding out in some bodily orifice. They deserve it.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:29 PM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
I have now read the following issued by the White House https://www.whitehouse.gov/covidplan/ and it states:

"The Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is developing a rule that will require all employers with 100 or more employees to ensure their workforce is fully vaccinated or require any workers who remain unvaccinated to produce a negative test result on at least a weekly basis before coming to work. OSHA will issue an Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) to implement this requirement. This requirement will impact over 80 million workers in private sector businesses with 100+ employees." END QUOTE

So does anyone know when this requirement would become in effect IF it does?

(And, btw, not to gloat, but I was right when I said they would use OSHA as a way to get this enacted. I can't tell you how sorry I am to be correct in this case.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies