Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2021, 12:05 PM

17,390 posts, read 16,532,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
When Covid is no longer overwhelming the health care system....then it will be end of story.
Why is Covid suddenly OVERWHELMING the hospitals now if the vaccine is so darned effective?

You know that makes ZERO sense don't you? You are being lied to, wake up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 12:06 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Because you are an incubator for viral mutation, reducing the effectiveness of my vaccination.

Because if you get infected and have to be hospitalized in the ICU, that is one less bed for people who may need it for other reasons.

Because if you are infected and come into proximity with me, there is a small chance I may catch a breakthrough infection.

Same with anyone who is vaxxed. And someone with natural immunity doesn't fit your narrative - sorry.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:10 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
This has all made me realize how much I had been vastly overestimating the critical thinking skills of a large segment of society. People who are still listening to the likes of Dr Fauci and his brethren must not see how they have contradicted themselves and changed their opinion over and over again to the point of being completely nonsensical.
Please elaborate

A COVID Surge Is Overwhelming U.S. Hospitals, Raising Fears Of Rationed Care

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-rationed-care

Patients stranded in rural hospitals as Covid-19 overwhelms Texas healthcare system

https://www.france24.com/en/americas...lthcare-system

Some Central Valley hospitals on the brink as COVID-19 surge hits crisis point

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...id-covid-surge

U.S.
Hospitals Swamped With Delta Cases Struggle to Care for Critical Patients
Some facilities don’t have the staff or capacity to provide urgent treatment to everyone, and people have died waiting

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hospita...ts-11630661403

Old 09-11-2021, 12:12 PM

23,608 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
My first thought is how amazing it is that anyone would not know the answer to such a question...

I suppose the only explanation has to do with ignoring or not accepting all we should know about this virus, getting vaccinated, and how all of this is affecting all of us in one way or another. If not a "threat," it's at least an obvious problem for all of us to keep having to deal with the spread of this virus.

Why do I still need to wear a mask? Anywhere? I hate wearing a mask. Why do I need to worry someone will spread the virus to my elderly parent, or son who has asthma? At risk people who I know and love. How is that NOT a threat to me?

I'm not exactly a youngster either. In my 60s, and though I suspect I could beat the virus if I were not vaccinated and was infected, I wouldn't want to have that notion tested, by getting infected by someone who doesn't bother to get vaccinated. The vaccine is not 100 percent effective after all.

To that end I'm glad I'm in an area with higher percentages of vaccinated people. Only a fool doesn't realize what is happening to hospitals in areas where people are not inclined to get vaccinated. The impact on ICUs in those parts of the country. What of the threat to other people with other serious need to be in those beds? Taken up by unvaccinated nitwits who are there as a result of their own doing!

Good for the doctors who are beginning to refuse patients who are not vaccinated. Why should medical professionals have to deal with that threat either?

I really didn't get vaccinated out of concern for myself. I did it mostly for others who are close to me as well as everyone else I might come into contact with. Not that my own health doesn't matter to me as well, but in this case, doing the right thing isn't just about us as individuals.

Please get a clue and get vaccinated already! So we can finally get all this crap behind us and bring normal back sooner rather than later.
Pie in the sky thinking. Even if everyone had the shot it would likely still be here and mutating. WHEN we get an actual vaccine then we can "get all this crap behind us and bring normal back" .. but not until then.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:13 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Pie in the sky thinking. Even if everyone had the shot it would likely still be here and mutating. WHEN we get an actual vaccine then we can "get all this crap behind us and bring normal back" .. but not until then.
No excuse....this is all we have right now and it is saving lives.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:14 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If you are vaxxed and I am not, please explain how that's a threat to you.

It isnt a threat if the vax works.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:15 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
This has all made me realize how much I had been vastly overestimating the critical thinking skills of a large segment of society. People who are still listening to the likes of Dr Fauci and his brethren must not see how they have contradicted themselves and changed their opinion over and over again to the point of being completely nonsensical.
I like to think I've got some critical thinking skills, and as a result my conclusions about all this are not based on just Fauci or made as if there isn't conflicting information to consider. It's critical thinking that helps us deal with some of these "gray areas" and conflicting sources of information, but in the end critical thinking should help us arrive at the proper conclusion -- to get vaccinated -- after ALL is considered.

All I really need to do is follow the news, from all variety of news sources, about where the impact on hospitals is most acute and why, and what else do we need to know? After listening to doctor after doctor working the front lines, also pleading with people to get vaccinated, who else are we supposed to listen to? Not like anyone is making up those numbers, of unvaccinated vs vaccinated people ending up in the hospital.

It's all pretty simple to understand really, unless of course you're one of these conspiracy theory types, but even then...

I know confirmation bias makes this discussion a big waste of time, and I really should sign off now. Perhaps with just this thought to consider. I mean seriously consider.

A Great Challenge in Life: Knowing enough to think you are right, but not knowing enough to know you are wrong. - Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson

Last edited by LearnMe; 09-11-2021 at 12:25 PM..

Old 09-11-2021, 12:16 PM

654 posts, read 280,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
It has been beaten to death, despite that you wrong and providing incorrect information.

Being vaccinated does prevent you from getting the virus, in the same way as any other vaccine prevents infection. Your body is primed for an immune response, and if you inhale viral particles, your body fights them off, preventing viral reproduction.

That means you are prevented from getting the virus.

Yes, there are breakthrough cases, and that is one reason, which I already provided, for all people to get vaccinated.
But, if your immune system had to trigger a response, that implies you had to have the virus....

Your last line doesn't make any sense. Breakthrough cases would happen regardless of how many people are vaccinated. I know many people who have had the Delta variant. Quite a few breakthrough cases included.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:17 PM

654 posts, read 280,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
No excuse....this is all we have right now and it is saving lives.
Yes and no, the jury's still out. But, monoclonal antibodies are saving lives. We should be prioritizing that right now.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:17 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
I put it this way; I get the tetanus shot every three years due to my work I do, it suppose to be good for ten years, but I knowingly expose my self to potential tetanus.

During the time between these boosters, I have zero fear of getting tetanus, I do not think about it, I do not rush to the doctor, I do not concern myself about it. The reason is because the vaccine works.

With this Covid vaccine though, seems even the vaccinated do not feel it really works, as they are running around worrying if everyone else has it, furthermore, they do not even want to address natural immunity from it due to previous infection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies