Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 10:38 AM

62,868 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Most of the world already speaks English. Why would the the United States move away from English?
So you haven't read any of the posts in here declaring why? Those countries south of our border's primary language is Spanish so I don't get your point. Most of their citizens don't speak English they speak Spanish and they invading our border by the millions.

Old 03-07-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
That’s really funny. Won’t happen.

So - will they go after the Irish immigrants? Any of the “white” immigrants who are here illegally? I knew many of them years ago.

And as for language - if you go back 100 years ago - in my home state there was A LOT of German spoken. My great grandmother in particular. She was born here…..but many weren’t.

Still a lot of the Scandinavian languages there as well.
Illegal aliens have been deported from all over the world of every race. Educate yourself on this issue. Not our fault that most illegals are from Spanish speaking countries and therefore percentage wise they would be deported in larger numbers.

Did our national language become German via massive illegal immigration? Most countries have an identifying language and ours is English. Why would native English speakers want that to change via illegal immigration?

Old 03-07-2022, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There are too many rinos in the party and most of them don't have the stomach to deport people. They should, if you're here illegally you should be deported.
Well, at least we have GOP members including Trump that made an attempt at it and tried to prevent more from getting into our country. What have the Democrat done besides promising amnesty instead and refusing to complete the wall? It's Democrat cities that prove sancturaries for them, want healthcare for them, won't pass an e-verify bill, want DL's for them and scream racism if a possible illegal alien is questioned on their status in our country and the list goes on and on how the Democrats create incentives for them and protection.

Old 03-07-2022, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weee-beeey View Post
Instead of spending all his time in this forum whining about foreigners, Oldglory should do something useful with his life like taking Spanish lessons and adapt to the new world.

Maybe he will realize that he they share more things in common than they think.
Whining about foreigners? The foreigners we are talking about are illegal aliens! Why shouldn't any law abiding American object to them and as a matter of fact millions of American do but you choose to just single me out!

Why iin the world would I want to learn Spanish to accomodate or communicate with illegal aleins? Hispanic citizens know English so we have our nation's language of English to communicate in. I share nothing in common with illegal aliens. I am a law abiding person and they are not!

I suggest you stop your trolling and personally attacking me on this issue!

Old 03-07-2022, 11:05 AM

27,544 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weee-beeey View Post
Instead of spending all his time in this forum whining about foreigners, Oldglory should do something useful with his life like taking Spanish lessons and adapt to the new world.

Maybe he will realize that he they share more things in common than they think.
I agree with Oldglory. Tens of millions of illegal aliens living in the United States with impunity and millions more pouring in with no end in sight is an extremely divisive issue that will not go away.

Forget Ukraine. We're looking at the death of the United States if this continues.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I agree with Oldglory. Tens of millions of illegal aliens living in the United States without impunity and millions more pouring in with no end in sight is an extremely divisive issue that will not go away.

Forget Ukraine. We're looking at the death of the United States if this continues.
Watch out for the personal attacks now for telling the truth. Reconquista is alive and well and they don't care.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:19 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So you haven't read any of the posts in here declaring why? Those countries south of our border's primary language is Spanish so I don't get your point. Most of their citizens don't speak English they speak Spanish and they invading our border by the millions.
But illegal immigration happens at more places than the southern border. Plenty overstay visas.
You only see what you see because of where you live. Come to the other side of the courtry and it will look very different.
They are from china, India, korea, lots from the Caribbean, Africa, brazil.
the east cost non english speakers look very different.
ESL in our local schools are mostly NOT for spanish speakers.
The point is - spanish is a big deal where you live, not so much where I live. Where I live all the signs are in korean.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:51 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
But illegal immigration happens at more places than the southern border. Plenty overstay visas.
You only see what you see because of where you live. Come to the other side of the courtry and it will look very different.
The point is - spanish is a big deal where you live, not so much where I live. Where I live all the signs are in korean.
Yup, there are towns like that in NJ. For a time a few years ago, I worked in a section of Brooklyn where all the signs were in Yiddish, and almost all of those people were born in the United States. They do not learn English until they go to school because it is now required for their private schools to teach them. One day when working there, I walked a few blocks to the next neighborhood to get to the closest post office. All the signs were in Bengali.

Most of the people near where I live in New Jersey who I know for sure have illegal immigrants living amongst them are from Brazil, so they speak Portuguese. A large number of New Jersey's immigrants are from India, who of course learn English as children, a legacy of British colonization.

NJ had the second-largest Cuban community in the country. My best friend's mother came from Cuba in the 1960s. My friend just barely gets by speaking Spanish and her daughters don't know it at all.

If people refuse to learn English in the United States, they are only limiting themselves.

Old 03-07-2022, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post

Where did I say otherwise? Just because I don't live on the east coast doesn't mean I'm not aware of any other illegals. The fact remains that most border jumpers are Spanish speakers from south of our border though. However, collectively as countries those from south of our border are the largest ethnic group here illegally to because of over staying their visas.

I don't see Korean, Chinese etc. over taking the English language as they aren't the largest groups here illegally by far. In the entire southwest ESL courses are mostly for Spanish speakers because of illegal immigration.

Illegals from south of our border are spreading out all of our country and that's a fact. Regardless all illegals need to be deported though.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/data...ation/state/US

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illega...ries_of_origin

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immig...e8f_story.html

Old 03-07-2022, 12:15 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where did I say otherwise? Just because I don't live on the east coast doesn't mean I'm not aware of any other illegals. The fact remains that most border jumpers are Spanish speakers from south of our border though. However, collectively as countries those from south of our border are the largest ethnic group here illegally to because of over staying their visas.

I don't see Korean, Chinese etc. over taking the English language as they aren't the largest groups here illegally by far. In the entire southwest ESL courses are mostly for Spanish speakers because of illegal immigration.

Illegals from south of our border are spreading out all of our country and that's a fact. Regardless all illegals need to be deported though.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/data...ation/state/US

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illega...ries_of_origin

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immig...e8f_story.html
The southwest is not the entire country - that is my point.
Your heading speaks to all America.
Your experience does not.
You just don't know what is outside your little world because you only trust what you see with your own eyes. Then you jump to these crazy general conclusions - like Spanish will be the majority language spoken in America. That is just so not going to happen.
If I never left my own little part of NJ I'd think that Korean was going to take over as the primary language in America. Which of course it is not because I know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies