Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 05:33 AM

8,772 posts, read 5,062,427 times

Advertisements

Rest of the story....fake news....who knows, it`s anybody`s guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2021, 06:00 AM

23,563 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That guy was clinically overweight. They both were.

They both had pre-existing conditions.

He was 59. She was 66.

They were traveling around.

Im simply refuting OP’s insane remark “they did everything right”.

Let me put it to you this way - I’m under 50, my lab results are so clean you could eat off them, I exercise like a madman, I avoid all unnecessary travel, I eat health food so disgusting most Americans would vomit if they had to look at it.

I’m not vaxxed.

If I get Covid and die don’t start a post saying “I did everything right.” I’m clearly not doing everything right by refusing the vax.

People believe that a vax is an alternative to healthy living. I’m not saying these two folks did so but we know this to be true with people when it comes to all kinds of health issues. Give me the pill or shot over a healthy lifestyle. That’s the mentality.

Plus we know the vax wanes. Did they know? I’m not sure.
Who doesn't have overt or covert pre-existing conditions??????????

Nearly 40% of American adults aged 20 and over are obese. 71.6% of adults aged 20 and over are overweight, including obesity.

Without thorough detailed information these stories are useless information.

Right, Bill smoked camels and he is 93 years old and going strong. I'm only 39 and smoke So I don't have to worry. Medical logic prevails and the media does nothing to improve it.

Jim Fix a doc and health nut dropped dead on a daily jog.

The appearance of health and a healthy life style might imoact quality of life but in no way assures a long life or immunity from some pathology.

The safety profile of the vaccine is still not defined, even when approved by the FDA, safety data is collected post marketing. Plenty of approved drugs have been pulled off the market based ond on post marketing surveillance of adverse events.

The lack of ethics demonstrated by the Biden administration during covid, puts into question whether the approved vaccines will be evaluated honestly and if a problem is found, will it it be pulled off the market. Too much reputations and money involved. The dishonest media in partnership with the biden administration has created a gap in accurate information and trust, which naturally promotes skepticism and bridging the gap in information with theory. Science has been left far behind and the misinformation about off label covid treatments and sole focus on the vaccine defiles the practice of medicine as we knew it.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:04 AM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Who doesn't have overt or covert pre-existing conditions??????????

Nearly 40% of American adults aged 20 and over are obese. 71.6% of adults aged 20 and over are overweight, including obesity.

Without thorough detailed information these stories are useless information.

Right, Bill smoked camels and he is 93 years old and going strong. I'm only 39 and smoke So I don't have to worry. Medical logic prevails and the media does nothing to improve it.

Jim Fix a doc and health nut dropped dead on a daily jog.

The appearance of health and a healthy life style might imoact quality of life but in no way assures a long life or immunity from some pathology.

The safety profile of the vaccine is still not defined, even when approved by the FDA, safety data is collected post marketing. Plenty of approved drugs have been pulled off the market based ond on post marketing surveillance of adverse events.

The lack of ethics demonstrated by the Biden administration during covid, puts into question whether the approved vaccines will be evaluated honestly and if a problem is found, will it it be pulled off the market. Too much reputations and money involved. The dishonest media in partnership with the biden administration has created a gap in accurate information and trust, which naturally promotes skepticism and bridging the gap in information with theory. Science has been left far behind and the misinformation about off label covid treatments and sole focus on the vaccine defiles the practice of medicine as we knew it.
What we need is an unbiased source that can say with relative assurance that this is the possibility of death from covid versus the possibility of death from the vaccines for each age group.

Unfortunately, I have total disgust and distrust of our government and media as they have drunk the vaccine koolaid and cannot be trusted to provide basic honesty. If they were honest, they would tell everyone to get healthy and fit as a priority.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:07 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
I didnt respond to your talking points because a; they were irrelevant and obfuscating, and b; within them were statements suggesting conspiracy theory.

So you call it a "sophomoric stunt" because I quoted another user without naming them? Why does that matter? It doesnt, youre just grasping for reasons to denigrate my person and distract from the fact I supported my position.

Your posts are angry, you repeatedly sling needless personal insults, and you applaud the content of your comments as if you are here only to impress yourself.

Not a good look.
Complete an utter hogwash.

Feel free to revisit post #88 and show me all the insults I threw at you. The nice thing is others can read it too so you don't get to make up things.

The bottom line is you engage in gaslighting. And then, when given a very reasonable retort to your insults calling people ignorant, you put your fingers in your ears, cover your eyes, and pretend you didn't see it (which is what a coward does). You, like others on this board have asked many times why people have chosen to stay unvaccinated. And those reasons have been articulated many times. The common response from people like you is to ignore because your cognitive dissonance can't handle dealing with what are very rational reasons why people have made that choice. You simply can't refute those reasons and can't exactly call sources like John Hopkins anti-vax material. I'm so sorry you weren't ready for an adult conversation. Feel free to carry on with your childish barbs about everyone being a scaredy cat

P.S. I might also direct you to Ringwise's, Tall Traveler's, and Kracer's posts above for other rational responses to your gaslighting. Although I'm sure you won't read those either for fear you'll go into shakes and a cold sweat. It's tough not being able to handle adult conversations.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:08 AM

1,969 posts, read 676,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
What we need is an unbiased source that can say with relative assurance that this is the possibility of death from covid versus the possibility of death from the vaccines for each age group.

Unfortunately, I have total disgust and distrust of our government and media as they have drunk the vaccine koolaid and cannot be trusted to provide basic honesty. If they were honest, they would tell everyone to get healthy and fit as a priority.
Everyone is responsible for their own health. When they said stay home and order fast food, that should have triggered red flags. When they offered donuts and burgers for jabs, the horns should have been blaring. These politicians don’t give a damn about you or your health.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:23 AM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Everyone is responsible for their own health. When they said stay home and order fast food, that should have triggered red flags. When they offered donuts and burgers for jabs, the horns should have been blaring. These politicians don’t give a damn about you or your health.
Nope they sure don't, they only want power. Seattle provided joints for people if they got the Fauci ouchi.

As I said, if were as healthy as the Chinese, Japanese and Koreans, we would have 10 times less death from covid, why don't our so called experts tell that story?

Take control of your health and yes, get vaccinated if you think you're vulnerable.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:58 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOzarkLady View Post

To anyone with a pragmatic mind, the disease is far more debilitating and has far worse long-term effects than a shot that only mimics the actual virus, yet is a ubiquitous substance. The only reason to reject the vaccine, is if you believe the Coronavirus is fake!
Here is the problem. There is no way that you have interviewed everyone who has not gotten vaccinated to come up with this conclusion.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in the vaccination, but I also understand why some people don't want to be vaccinated. Everyone's situation is different. Everyone's body is different, I just can't see why everyone must follow the same rule.

Old 09-30-2021, 08:03 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
There is a saying, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Most people have had not just one, but two vaccines already-and are still catching, spreading and dying from the China virus. The FUD-packers refuse to learn and keep doubling down on failure-now pushing "boosters" of a vaccine that has failed miserably. Does Biden really think the American public is this blind and stupid as to fall for it again? His own scientists in the CDC are advising against "boosters".

Old 09-30-2021, 08:23 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Complete an utter hogwash.

Feel free to revisit post #88 and show me all the insults I threw at you. The nice thing is others can read it too so you don't get to make up things.

The bottom line is you engage in gaslighting. And then, when given a very reasonable retort to your insults calling people ignorant, you put your fingers in your ears, cover your eyes, and pretend you didn't see it (which is what a coward does). You, like others on this board have asked many times why people have chosen to stay unvaccinated. And those reasons have been articulated many times. The common response from people like you is to ignore because your cognitive dissonance can't handle dealing with what are very rational reasons why people have made that choice. You simply can't refute those reasons and can't exactly call sources like John Hopkins anti-vax material. I'm so sorry you weren't ready for an adult conversation. Feel free to carry on with your childish barbs about everyone being a scaredy cat

P.S. I might also direct you to Ringwise's, Tall Traveler's, and Kracer's posts above for other rational responses to your gaslighting. Although I'm sure you won't read those either for fear you'll go into shakes and a cold sweat. It's tough not being able to handle adult conversations.
"much of this is sensationalized propaganda"

"So where should we start on the propoganda and fear mongering?"

"when the media was trying to scare people to death"

"But apparently that's too logical (or perhaps there was another narrative at play)."

"How about the disingenuous narrative that 95% of hospitalized Covid patients are unvaccinated? Yeah, it's not a lie but it certainly reeks of fear mongering."

"So why doesn't the media and politicians use the latter statement? I think the answer is obvious."

But youre not a conspiracy theorist. Nope.

Old 09-30-2021, 09:07 AM

17,637 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
"much of this is sensationalized propaganda"

"So where should we start on the propoganda and fear mongering?"

"when the media was trying to scare people to death"

"But apparently that's too logical (or perhaps there was another narrative at play)."

"How about the disingenuous narrative that 95% of hospitalized Covid patients are unvaccinated? Yeah, it's not a lie but it certainly reeks of fear mongering."

"So why doesn't the media and politicians use the latter statement? I think the answer is obvious."

But youre not a conspiracy theorist. Nope.
Let me translate your post: Baaaaaaaaaaaa!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies