Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2021, 11:08 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,579,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
That's sad. Probably got it form the unvaxxed.

Listen to what you just typed. When but now with THIS vaccine would that ever be the case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 11:09 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
the likelyhood of me contracting covid is miniscule

4.77 million people thought the same thing. Theyre now dead. The numbers would be much higher if everyone took your approach.
Missing from all your data is how many died from vaccines.
I'm vaccinated. But like I said, I bet a lot of still unvaccinated people who read the horror stories of what happened to people who got vaccinated feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. Should they take a chance with getting vaccinated or should they take a chance getting their immunity by coming down sick with COVID-19, while hoping it's just a mild and brief illness with no long covid.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
They warn people that the elderly are the mot vulnerable, vaxxed or not.

Oh, I thought it was all the kids in grade school this time around....

Old 09-28-2021, 11:18 PM

270 posts, read 193,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I've only gotten two flu shots since 2021. I can't remember the last time I had the flu, so never thought it as very important to keep up with it every year. From not having a bad reaction to the flu shots, it influenced me to go ahead and get vaccinated for COVID-19. But COVID-19 vaccines are based on entirely different biotechnology. However, if my local hospital is still packed with covid patients after Thanksgiving, I will have to consider again about possibly getting a booster to get through the winter.
For me it is a practicality, the shot deceases the chance for getting the COVID 19 and if you do get it, being less severe. The vaccine biotechnology is actually better than the vaccine for influenza. I think at best we will be getting yearly shots for COVID as we do for the flu. I would get the vaccine no mater what; however, if that will not due, then I would say then getting vaccine the older you are, the more it is apt. I had two lady friends who passed on in their 80s who did not get vaccinated. They chose to try to stay home, but younger family members transferred the virus to them. I don't think I was exposed, but how can I be sure? All I know is the vaccine cannot hurt, if anything bad about it, it may not help as much as the experts said.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I posted earlier that my future inlaw's neighbor has covid and he definitely got it from his fully vaccinated daughter.

I think the vaccination has given some people a false sense of security. The daughter is pretty much symptom free, but she has running nose (that is it). She has gone to the supermarket, church, my future inlaws house, picked up her grandson from school, etc, etc. I wonder how many people she has given her virus to.

That's what's scary about the vaccinated. They are able to actively transmit the virus as if they were perfectly healthy. The unvaccinated stay in bed or in the hospital where sick people belong.

What the vaccinated lack in length of time they are contagious they more then make up for in how much they "get around".

Old 09-28-2021, 11:26 PM

17,587 posts, read 13,367,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
must have been given the good ol remdesiver cocktail poison .

Bull KAKA

Old 09-28-2021, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I'm vaccinated. But like I said, I bet a lot of still unvaccinated people who read the horror stories of what happened to people who got vaccinated feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. Should they take a chance with getting vaccinated or should they take a chance getting their immunity by coming down sick with COVID-19, while hoping it's just a mild and brief illness with no long covid.
I think your logic is lacking. Let's try this. If the vaccine was a small dose of the live virus, and taking it built up your immune system, but made you ill for a few days, would you rather have that, or risk catching the virus, getting a huge dose and perhaps weeks in hospital and then lingering on illness?

But the vaccine DOES NOT use a live virus, it uses a ubiquitous substance that mimic the viral presence, as to causing your body to make antibodies much like your body would produce from the virus.

The vaccine has been safe for millions of folks, with only a very few confounded health experiences that a lot of silly old fools have made out to be crooning platform for telling horror stories.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You are the first person on this forum to ask me this and I find that telling of the regulars in here. I'm pretty sure people haven't asked me because I don't fit their narrative. Mostly the Trump crowd.

So to answer your question - I don't feel it's necessary for my health and lifestyle. I'm under 50, in perfect health, exercise and eat well, practice excellent hygiene, and work from home. I don't come into close contact with folks. I have a great luxury of using coastal southern California's benign climate to my advantage when I do want to socialize. We can be outside 365 days a year here so that helps, immensely. I also live alone.

While I feel the vax is safe and effective, generally speaking, I have an overall outlook on life to not take things unless it meets a certain threshold of benefit.

Example: a few years back I was low on vitamin D. The only off thing on my comprehensive labs. My doctor, knowing me, said "Well, you could take a supplement each day to get it up and relatively quick but knowing you here is a list of foods that I think will naturally get the job done."

Mission accomplished by next visit.

If my health, age, and/or lifestyle had different variables I would most likely, almost certainly, get the jab.

The anti-vax crowd, by my definition, are people who want to manipulate others not to get it for political reasons which basically amounts to spite. To me, that's just absurd and I'll continue to point that out.

Spite? How strange. I've never seen any vaccine hesitant person post anything on here trying to convince anyone not to get the vaccine. They ALWAYS say "you do what's right for you". Now the pro-vax people, that's another story. Every post is a vile attack on anyone concerned about the safety or politics of the vaccine. Which side actually has wished death on the other side? Which side maligns the intelligence of the other side? Which side willfully lies about the positive results coming from ANY therapeutic besides their vaccines? If you were to list positive and negative attributes to each side, who would be "the bad guys" if this was a movie?

Old 09-28-2021, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
If there is data showing significant health risk from the vaccines I have not seen it. Thus their hesitance is unprofessional.
Lets not forget that auto mechanics often have the most poorly maintained cars in town. Some doctors smoke cigarettes. If you want the best haircut in a town with two barbers, go to the one with the bad haircut.

Yeah thats different. I cut my own hair anyway.

You haven't looked very hard. Might look at VAERS database.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
That's what's scary about the vaccinated. They are able to actively transmit the virus as if they were perfectly healthy. The unvaccinated stay in bed or in the hospital where sick people belong.

What the vaccinated lack in length of time they are contagious they more then make up for in how much they "get around".
This is so wacky! You describe persons who are vaccinated as if they are ghouls, living off the health getting around.

In reality, those vaccinated are less likely to catch and TRANSMIT the virus than unvaccinated folks. Most transmission occurs when the person transmitting is unaware of having the virus. If the virus takes hold, both groups get sick, it is the unvaccinated who usually dies from the illness, or get very sick.

Get yourself vaccinated and stop making up spook stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies