Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2021, 07:35 PM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
How can completely unconscious people possibly "hold hands" ??
Sounds like Hollywood wrote the script.

This should be a lesson to lose your gut and get in shape, the vaccine can help but nothing beats a healthy immune system to protect oneself in life. Mr. Dr. in Washington had the initial wave of covid in February 2020 and told me the best protection is be healthy and she was spot on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 07:50 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Listening to politicians was your first mistake.

I don't even know exactly what they said because it's not like I'm going to take it to heart anyway. Do your own research and make decisions for you.
It was on the commercials and on social media and on these boards, I definitely don’t listen to politicians or those under the government, I’m not vaccinated and I don’t believe I ever will, how Biden and DC is pushing them, I seriously doubt it’s for the good of the country or they would have not ignored the borders and quarantined the Afghan refugees.

Old 09-28-2021, 08:13 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
What? That has been the big story for months. Get the vaccine and you can go back to normal. This exactly what has been peddled by the left. Biden has been the biggest messenger of this with his workforce mandate.
You can't do statistics with a sample size of 2.

Old 09-28-2021, 08:21 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
At some point, the majority will have to admit that the vaccines aren't the answer.

Grand Rapids couple dies 1 minute apart from COVID-19

Sarah Dunham says her parents Cal and Linda Dunham did everything together. The churchgoing, community-minded outdoor enthusiasts loved their family – especially their grandchildren – and most of all, each other.

The pair were also cautious when it came to COVID-19. They were both fully vaccinated and had been for months when, during a family camping trip this month, they began to feel sick.

“[My dad] called me before our family camping trip and said he wasn’t feeling good but he thinks it’s just like sinus, and [Linda] caught it and she’s like, he gave me his cold,” said Sarah. “The third day they woke me up and said, ‘we’ve got to go because we don’t feel well.’ So I packed them all up and they left.”

Days later, the couple was hospitalized and on ventilators – both had preexisting conditions that made things even more dire. By this past Sunday, doctors were telling Sarah and the family there wasn’t much more they could do, and the couple would likely need to come off life-support Monday.

After being wheeled into the same room, moments later, Cal passed away at 11:07 a.m.

At 11:08 a.m., less than a minute later, Linda passed away as well as the couple held hands in hospital beds beside one another.

They did everything they were told.

https://publichealthinsider.com/2021...inated-people/

"Since July, COVID-19 cases have increased rapidly in King County. The worsening outbreak is affecting all of us. And, people who are not fully vaccinated are getting seriously ill and dying at much higher rates than the vaccinated population"

Old 09-28-2021, 08:27 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
There are reports that hospitals are calling those that die, not fully vaccinated, even though they were.

Old 09-28-2021, 08:36 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
There are reports that hospitals are calling those that die, not fully vaccinated, even though they were.
Where are those reports?

Old 09-28-2021, 08:40 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Where are those reports?
Yeah, I'd like to see that info too.

Old 09-28-2021, 10:10 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
What never gets written is that 99% of people infected with the virus live and are fine.
But some uncomfortable percentage survived covid and may never be fully fine, such as people who got so severely ill with covid that they required a double lung transmit. It's people like that, not just those dying from covid causing a lot of fear and concern. Nobody wants long covid.

Old 09-28-2021, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
A rep from the insurance place told me that it was good that I had not been vaccinated and told me that they were having to process a lot of claims after people were getting vaccinated.
I wish medical science was advanced enough to determine what people will come down with severe side effects after receiving a covid vaccine and so should avoid them. I had no reaction to my two Pfizer shots other than a sore arm. But can I count on it being the same way with a booster? I don't know.

Old 09-28-2021, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer48 View Post
Exactly. This is a virus that takes out the unhealthy. No wonder the USA is getting hit so hard when 73% of the population is overweight or obese.
I feel well blessed I was born not having a huge appetite. If I wasn't, I don't see how I could keep my weight under 200lbs. But I see all these people with their big bellies sticking out having a more enjoyable life of food than I do from keeping their bellies packed with good, wonderful tasting food. One or two delightful servings are never enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies