Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 02:09 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
After just a little research and inteospection, I opted to be vaccinated.

My brother and sister-in-law. who have an adult son with severe autism, onset shortly after an aggressive series of "routine" immunizations, did not. And a younger sibling, with the same genetic heritage, definitely will not, though he is fully immunized against D-P-T, etc.

Point being, the threat of COVID is one we each have to address, givien our own, individual circumsatances.

"And all our knowledge is -- ourselves to know. (Alexander Pope)
I do not support mandates however there are no credible studies linking autism with vaccinations.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html

If you have different info Im all ears. The first page of hits on google didnt have a single one that didnt poo poo on the theory. They mentioned several studies cited by proponents that upon peer review were found to be flawed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2021, 02:17 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
I do not support mandates however there are no credible studies linking autism with vaccinations.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html

If you have different info Im all ears. The first page of hits on google didnt have a single one that didnt poo poo on the theory. They mentioned several studies cited by proponents that upon peer review were found to be flawed.
Thanks for a reasoable response: My point, again, is that the vulnerability to "collateral damage" from immuniztions may be genetically-related. and that that risk is componded when the technology involved is new, and not completely vetted.

Old 09-30-2021, 02:21 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
this is the problem with both sides. one side points to conspiracy theory crackpots they seek out and worthless data from VAERS and the other tries to compare covid to things like the spanish flu. Or in your case polio and small pox. It's an awful analogy, especially small pox. Small pox was much worse than covid with a 30 percent death rate and the vaccine is so much better than the covid vaccine. The small pox vaccine erradicated small pox. Covid vaccines largely prevent serious infection for a few months, maybe a year if we're lucky. it's not close to the same thing.

We can't even have a rational disucssion anymore. There's a difference between someone who says "i think this vacciine has microchips planted by Bill Gates" and someone for example who says "i already had covid,i'm 30 years old an healthy, i still have the antibodies and don't think I need the vaccine" yet they get lumped into together with "anti-vaxxers" And 'anti-vaxxers" mean those who oopose all vaccines, and think proven vaccines like the small pox vaccine don't work, cause autism etc. It's insanity.
Lets stick to the context of my statement. How much of the population refused smallpox and polio vaccinations? Im pretty sure its none because when I was a kid nobody got in school without them.
Couldnt it be said that if it were as high as covid vax refusers it would be much more difficult to eradicate?

Old 09-30-2021, 02:27 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,239,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Lets stick to the context of my statement. How much of the population refused smallpox and polio vaccinations? Im pretty sure its none because when I was a kid nobody got in school without them.
Couldnt it be said that if it were as high as covid vax refusers it would be much more difficult to eradicate?
Of course it would be but it's an awful analogy.

Plenty of people who are young, healthy and maybe even have the antibodies for covid who don't want the covid vax would get a vax for something that

1)had a 30 percent death rate
2)had a vax that worked so well it could get rid of whatever is causing the 30 percent death rate and not wane in immunity after a few months.

If covid had a 30 percent death rate do you think we'd still have as many people being anti-covid vax?

To be clear I've heard people on BOTH sides try and lump all vaccines together which makes zero sense. On the opposite extreme of yours are people who are just totally anti all vaccines.

Old 09-30-2021, 03:33 PM

270 posts, read 193,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
There are many valid reasons to forego getting vaccinated, which anyone with a medical degree or a brain knows. Stop trying to practice medicine.
simple-minded response.

There is a difference in not getting the vaccine for personal reasons and rejecting the vaccine as a mode of treatment. Where did I claim to be a physician? That is your assumption, and no, I am not a biochemist, or a medical expert.

Old 09-30-2021, 03:44 PM

270 posts, read 193,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Here is the problem. There is no way that you have interviewed everyone who has not gotten vaccinated to come up with this conclusion.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in the vaccination, but I also understand why some people don't want to be vaccinated. Everyone's situation is different. Everyone's body is different, I just can't see why everyone must follow the same rule.
You're right, all I know for sure are a small group of older folks. Rejecting the vaccine as a treatment modality would necessitate meaning, one knows the vaccine is worthless, or one thinks the Coronavirus is a sham. Not getting the vaccine is another matter.

No, I won't get you wrong, your response makes sense to me Everyone is different. Surly no rule applies to all. Now, not at all being a physician here, if I was your mama, I'd tell you to go get vaccinated. Then again, you are an adult and bet you don't always listen to mama?

Old 10-01-2021, 05:00 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Well said.

However, I would advise you to stay away from the P&OC forum if you want to keep your stress levels down.
Ha! I'm Italian, and part of blowing off steam is getting into a good debate!

Old 10-01-2021, 07:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Born Free...... Kill for liberty.

Old 10-01-2021, 07:21 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Older people need boosters.
One year down the road....

"Everyone needs to get their 2nd booster shot"

(ad infinitum)

The 6 month bi-annual booster shots will be a huge cash boon for big pharma corporations.

Old 10-01-2021, 08:46 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,445,455 times
Sorry but you can tell they weren't healthy by the picture. Sucks but it is what it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies