Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 04:29 PM

33,605 posts, read 18,262,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
At some point, the majority will have to admit that the vaccines aren't the answer.

Grand Rapids couple dies 1 minute apart from COVID-19

Sarah Dunham says her parents Cal and Linda Dunham did everything together. The churchgoing, community-minded outdoor enthusiasts loved their family – especially their grandchildren – and most of all, each other.

The pair were also cautious when it came to COVID-19. They were both fully vaccinated and had been for months when, during a family camping trip this month, they began to feel sick.

“[My dad] called me before our family camping trip and said he wasn’t feeling good but he thinks it’s just like sinus, and [Linda] caught it and she’s like, he gave me his cold,” said Sarah. “The third day they woke me up and said, ‘we’ve got to go because we don’t feel well.’ So I packed them all up and they left.”

Days later, the couple was hospitalized and on ventilators – both had preexisting conditions that made things even more dire. By this past Sunday, doctors were telling Sarah and the family there wasn’t much more they could do, and the couple would likely need to come off life-support Monday.

After being wheeled into the same room, moments later, Cal passed away at 11:07 a.m.

At 11:08 a.m., less than a minute later, Linda passed away as well as the couple held hands in hospital beds beside one another.

They did everything they were told.

Any older person or compromised person if they have any kind of cold symptoms should be tested right away. If they are positive they need to get the REGENERON TREATMENT. I know my state of Florida is buying up Regeneron after Biden took half of the treatment out of Forida to help with all the old retirees that get covid so they do not get so sick they have to be hospitalized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 04:37 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,451,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Some people act as if they were told the vaccine a guarantee. It's not and no one has claimed it is. Statistically, it reduces the risk of contracting the virus and of having a more serious case and a bad outcome if you do. But individual people aren't statistics and this sad case demonstrates that.

The fact that this couple unfortunately had the worst case scenario in no way diminishes the fact that the vaccine still helps the majority of those who receive it avoid this outcome, particularly when people also continue to exercise the appropriate precautions of masking, social distancing, avoiding unnecessary exposure, etc.
What? That has been the big story for months. Get the vaccine and you can go back to normal. This exactly what has been peddled by the left. Biden has been the biggest messenger of this with his workforce mandate.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:38 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,449,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Thanks for your response. Sounds like you have a great lifestyle. My vitamin d was very low a few years back and I do take a supplement. I'm older though, but I do live in a very moderate climate. I get out every day to take care of our pool. Actually could still be swimming but with night time temps dipping into the '50's it would take too long to heat it up.

My husband and I walked religiously in a near by park, but since the corona we have stopped that. He has cancer and we are all locked in. I hope things get back to some kind of normalcy soon.
I think walking in a park as long as you avoid people is fine.

I got lucky because I'm a natural introvert who shuns crowds. Believe it or not, I can find numerous spots here in jam-packed southern California where hardly any folks go and that's where you'll find me (trails, parks, beach spots).

I understand it's tough for people who can't get out, who like crowds, and who have health issues. Most can't work from home.

I get it. And it sucks.

But that doesn't mean you simply say to hell with it - I'll do what I want - but then act surprised when you get Covid.

It also doesn't mean you'll escape Covid by altering the things you can control. I still might get Covid. Who knows? And if I do, let it be known that I didn't "do everything possible" to protect myself. I didn't get jabbed.

And I'm not trying to pick on the two unfortunate souls who died in the OP's article. But the fact remains they were over 50, overweight, had pre-existing conditions, insisted on travelling, and didn't take into account that their vaxxes were waning. I would rather have my set of circumstances and lifestyle over them and that's minus the jab.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:48 PM

1,161 posts, read 462,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
The vaccinated dying is still less than a fraction of 1% of the unvaccinated dying. 6,750 vaccinated people would have to die of covid to become just 1% of the unvaccinated deaths from covid.
Part of that is the unvaxed that died before the vax was available when everyone was unvaxed. I do agree though that Donald Trump's fast tracking of the vaccine saved lives. How many? That we will never know, but undeniably he saved thousands.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
No its not just politics some have genuine fear due to silly conspiracy theories or ignorance. A guy I know actually swears there are RFID chip like trackers in the vax. He is so clueless he doesnt use the term RFID, that would mean he did some research into the technology.

Yes I have reevaluated our friendship.

As for politics I am a Trump republican got vaxxed as early as I could and resent the fact that people on the left are also using it politically to discredit my side. We are not all stupid anti science. There ARE valid reasons to be distrustful of big government and the media so I give people like my friend a listen to their argument, tho try and talk sense into them.
Dont think you will talk sense into anyone if you dont accept the part of their position that has merit. Govt agencies HAVE used covid to abuse their power, to manipulate elections, etc. That is the basis of some anti vax beliefs.
The government is going to do what it does. That's not exclusive to Covid or any other issue.

Government agencies have used Covid to abuse power but it's not in the name of Covid, as with pride and prejudice. It's what government does. I'm not sure what makes people think Covid is some special hill to die on, no pun intended, to point out government's evil nature. Who didn't know that before and who expects anything less?

The merits for not getting the vax can't be political spite/to be a contrarian. That makes you insane. It's why the Trump crowd who refuse to get vaxxed for that sole reason are just that - insane.

On the other side of the coin, blindly following what the government says to be some kind of "good citizen" is also insane. Team Blue has a contingent of their folks in that camp.

Trump got the ball rolling on politicizing this thing. Now is that a function of him being insane, which he is, or the fact that everything has to be politicized? If Team Blue had been in power 18 months ago I'm quite sure they would have politicized it as well in some other way.

As it stands now both Trump and Biden have been abject failures, in nearly every metric, on getting this thing under control and their respective parties are right there along with them. I would argue that's just how government rolls and folks should have just tried to be respectful of others, a bit more cautious than usual, and for the love of God practice somewhat decent hygiene.

But when it comes to politics, that's too much to ask for many folks.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
Part of that is the unvaxed that died before the vax was available when everyone was unvaxed. I do agree though that Donald Trump's fast tracking of the vaccine saved lives. How many? That we will never know, but undeniably he saved thousands.
LOL.

Good one.

Old 09-28-2021, 05:01 PM

12,089 posts, read 6,355,529 times
What is the official survival rate of Covid patients on ventilators? It seems to be extremely low, which if that is the case, why still use them. Except for the massive government subsidies, I mean.

Medically, why are Covid patients being put on ventilators when it helps only a few?

Old 09-28-2021, 05:01 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,928,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
If they had some rapid test kits on those first 2 to 3 days when they thought they had come down with a cold and we’re just slightly feeling off? And they had their packet of ivermectin and azithromycin and had been taking vitamin D and zinc? They would still both be here and never would’ve ended up in the hospital. I know this because I know several people who have followed this regimen upon initial symptoms and within 72 hours the virus was gone.
I have several rapid tests, spO2 monitor, 2 thermometers, the latest smart watch which tracks estimate blood oxygen during sleep and I'm taking 10,000 IU Vitamin D3 daily (Note: you need to periodically test when taking more than 4000 IU daily) I also started taking 2000 mg of liposomal vitamin C daily. This is on top of magnesium glycinate and everything else I do.

If Delta catches me off guard, everyone is screwed

Old 09-28-2021, 05:04 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,928,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Any older person or compromised person if they have any kind of cold symptoms should be tested right away. If they are positive they need to get the REGENERON TREATMENT. I know my state of Florida is buying up Regeneron after Biden took half of the treatment out of Forida to help with all the old retirees that get covid so they do not get so sick they have to be hospitalized.
Yeah my father has heart arrhythmia issues and takes a PCR test at least once every other week at Walgreens/CVS.

Old 09-28-2021, 05:04 PM

3,706 posts, read 1,378,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Let us not forget that Japanese scientist have found a plethora of unidentifiable medals and nano particles inside this vaccine. Including nano particles that seem to move on their own. Creepy stuff. People have no idea what you’re injecting into yourself. And if you trust your government after all the lies over the last two years? I honestly don’t know if I feel sorry for you.
The govt didnt develop the vax, private companies did and they can get sued if people got sick from their product.
Do you have data showing significant health risks from the vaxes? That would be scientific. Anecdotal claims about nanoparticles is not and that seems to be you turning your own ignorance into a reason to be suspicious. We are talking about matter the size of a virus, no doubt substances of nano size are involved.
If anything were going on do you have any idea how many people at how many companies and govt agencies would be involved and have to keep quiet? Tens if not hundreds of thousands.
Do you believe in 911 conspiracy theories too? Those people have an equally tenuous grasp on reality. They made claims about nanothermite which sounded nefarious if you didnt realize thermite was made from aluminum and iron oxide,which was prevalent at ground zero and was pulverized into particles finer than dust and the samples they analyzed were from 10 blocks away and probably aerosolized.
Im willing to look at rational science based evidence the vaxes are harmful. So far there is little if any and the government couldnt keep that quiet. Lacking such data in the face of documrented risk from covid, the rational person chooses vaccination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies