Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2021, 07:09 PM

1,152 posts, read 618,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Meh. Still waiting on proof of all this "fraud" the crazies carry on about.

I don't need anymore federal holidays. The system as is, is fine. It's a waste of resources, time, energy, everything to require everyone to have to go to certain locations to fulfill a task that a simple ballot in the mail can.

Mail in voting needs to be expanded.
It’s not reasonable to insist that fraud didn’t happen, we can’t take you seriously if you continue with that delusional assertion. Mail in voting had a huge role in the fraud of 2020, mail in and absentees votes, in the locations that mattered, is why we are all now suffering with the Biden $hit show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
Lawful? Most people would qualify.

Productive? What are the criteria? Income level? Duration? Sources? Allowed to have period of unemployment?
Lawful, you know not criminals, especially not the ones still in jail. Productive, I like the original law, land owners, that shows a vested interest in the country and that should be rewarded with the sacred right to vote.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:15 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
Lawful, you know not criminals, especially not the ones still in jail. Productive, I like the original law, land owners, that shows a vested interest in the country and that should be rewarded with the sacred right to vote.
And won't use the electoral process to vote themselves other people's money.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Kind of a slippery slope, isn't it? Maybe some billionaire politician will decide that you don't measure up.

Read the thread, kdog, you know full well I’m referring to a land owner.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:16 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
Then your signature is your ID. Go strike yourself.
If you admit that your signature is your ID, then another one isn't needed.
Quote:
But the point remains that one way or another, voter ID is a valid argument. If you can make the effort to register to vote, then sign the ballot on election day, then what is the point of grousing about getting a FREE state ID to go along with it? Because a signature can be forged much more easily than an ID. YOU do not like the ID because the ID have your photo, your address, some personal data such as hair color and height/weight, and a sign from the government that the ID is sanctioned.

Anyone who looks at an ID is obligated to look at the person and at least a cursory examination of the data contained. Cannot do that with a signature. Opposition to a PHOTO ID is tantamount to setting the stage for voter fraud when there is a need for a fraud.
I disagree. I say a PHOTO ID is easier to fake than a signature. I can put on a false mustache, wig or whatnot and look like any photo a lot easier than a credible signature forgery. I cannot do that and neither can you.

And walk me through the forged signature scenario. How did this imposter get your ballot, know your signature and be an expert handwriting forger? That AND know for certain that the person he's pretending to be isn't going to vote. Because if TWO ballots show up for the person then it's immediately flagged as being a duplicate vote and it will be examined to find out why and someone's head is going to roll.

So let's see a credible scenario where that works. Then explain how enough of those can happen to sway an election. You can't do it, and you know it. Strike 3, you're out.

Personally, I couldn't care less about showing an ID. What I care about is Trumpers trying to rewrite voting laws over a bunch of made up lies. I refuse to budge an inch for those imposters.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:20 PM

Quote:
If you admit that your signature is your ID, then another one isn't needed. I disagree. I say a PHOTO ID is easier to fake than a signature. I can put on a false mustache, wig or whatnot and look like any photo a lot easier than a credible signature forgery. I cannot do that and neither can you.

And walk me through the forged signature scenario. How did this imposter get your ballot, know your signature and be an expert handwriting forger? That AND know for certain that the person he's pretending to be isn't going to vote. Because if TWO ballots show up for the person then it's immediately flagged as being a duplicate vote and it will be examined to find out why and someone's head is going to roll.

So let's see a credible scenario where that works. Then explain how enough of those can happen to sway an election. You can't do it, and you know it. Strike 3, you're out.

Personally, I couldn't care less about showing an ID. What I care about is Trumpers trying to rewrite voting laws over a bunch of made up lies. I refuse to bunch an inch for those imposters.
What a crock, the reason we don’t have a requirement of proof when voting is because they don’t want us to know the real truth. It’s 2021, we all know this is not impossible to resolve. It’s more of the freedom taking control game we are living and I don’t care where you live or how you vote.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:49 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
What a crock, the reason we don’t have a requirement of proof when voting is because they don’t want us to know the real truth. It’s 2021, we all know this is not impossible to resolve. It’s more of the freedom taking control game we are living and I don’t care where you live or how you vote.
Ah, the old, "they don't want us to know the real truth", chestnut. It's the hallmark of every conspiracy theory. Good job!

Old 11-08-2021, 10:30 PM

1,875 posts, read 650,616 times
Quote:
If you admit that your signature is your ID, then another one isn't needed.
Excellent. Now you and I agreed that voter ID is a valid requirement.

Quote:
I disagree. I say a PHOTO ID is easier to fake than a signature. I can put on a false mustache, wig or whatnot and look like any photo a lot easier than a credible signature forgery. I cannot do that and neither can you.

And walk me through the forged signature scenario. How did this imposter get your ballot, know your signature and be an expert handwriting forger? That AND know for certain that the person he's pretending to be isn't going to vote.
Do you throw anything away with your signature on it, such as a credit card receipt? Before ID theft became a national issue, dumpster diving was a favorite of thieves seeking anything with some personal info on it, such as discarded credit card offer or utility bills. Your friends can get something with your signature on it. Are you really that naive?

Quote:
Because if TWO ballots show up for the person then it's immediately flagged as being a duplicate vote and it will be examined to find out why and someone's head is going to roll.
Good. Now my vote is rendered invalid because of another ballot, now there are two ballots with similar signatures. If someone is going to try to pass as me to vote, not likely that person is going to be in town for long.

Quote:
Personally, I couldn't care less about showing an ID. What I care about is Trumpers trying to rewrite voting laws over a bunch of made up lies. I refuse to budge an inch for those imposters.
The real strike 3 is on you.

When your bank ask for your photo ID, do you protest to the teller the way you protest here? No, YOU will meekly comply. As long as there is just ONE situation where you do not protest the photo ID requirement, your objection to voter ID laws is worthless. Does your job have an electronic ID badge to access the building? Do you object? If no to both questions, your objection to voter ID laws is worthless. The way I see it, my vote is just as valuable as your money in the bank.

Old 11-08-2021, 10:48 PM

1,875 posts, read 650,616 times
Quote:
And once access to land is restricted, the US will be ruled, not governed, by few landlords. No need for any voter ID laws by this point.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:03 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
1) The founding fathers used property owners as a proxy for "the rich".

2) We didn't expand voting rights out of benevolence. We expanded them for the same reason the democrats want felons and 16-year olds to vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5f7TbauawQ

3) The rich own the media, and so they own the country. The true threats to the United Statesâ„¢ are independent and foreign media.
I doubt many Democrats want to give 16 year olds the right to vote. And most states allow convicted felons to vote as long as they are not currently confined in a penal institution for conviction of a felony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
And won't use the electoral process to vote themselves other people's money.
How exactly is someone using the electoral process to vote themselves other people's money?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies