Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 05:59 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't believe the Good Samaritan was carrying an AR-15. Or even a club.
Who are you talking about?

Old 11-14-2021, 06:01 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Lol. Of course you did.

Taking children to numerous potentially DANGEROUS situations? Brilliant.
Yup. The March on Washington was historic and the speakers were inspirational. They were with a group of physicians marching for women’s rights. I was right beside them.
It was brilliant.
If I thought it was dangerous I would have hightailed it out or there ASAP. Because I am an adult.
Ps. We did not bring any guns. And I did not see anyone with a gun except police.
It is important to peacefully protest for things you believe in. I would never let my 17 attend a potentially dangerous protest with a gun or ever without an adult I trusted.
I’ll leave that to mothers like you. We see how they can end up. I don’t want to see my child on trial or worse. I think that makes me a better mother.

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I have loosely followed his behavior and media presence since the initial arrest. I would be very disappointed if he were my son. She is proud. I don’t get it. He acted awful in the past year.
Would your mother have been proud if it were you?
I dunno, Momma Bear gonna protect her kin.

How many news stories have we heard , My son's an angel! After some violent mugging turned deadly or school shooting rampage.

The world may not agree but the bond between Mother and Son is something.

She is behaving exactly how I'd expect.

23,632 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
You said she didn’t have the money. I replied she can get it for free.
How did I misinterpret.
"had".... back when she could have taken the time to go under a plastic surgeons knife, or whatever.
So she might have the money now but her time is taken up in another direction, her son, which you seem to fault her over.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:02 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Who are you talking about?
Follow the thread.

A poster compared Rittenhouse to the Good Samaritan.

So, I'm talking about the Good Samaritan from the Christian Bible, which is the literary reference, and Rittenhouse.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:03 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,554 times
Honestly how is it even possible that woman is the same age as her. Even with the filters one looked 30 one looked 55

Old 11-14-2021, 06:05 PM

23,632 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You're right, just a dumpster on fire pushing it into a cop car....DAMN the ARs or the clubs, grad a damn dumpster, set it on fire and push it into a cop car.
Which were very near to fuel pumps in a gas station, with dozens of people milling about just waiting to be crispy critters.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:09 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
"had".... back when she could have taken the time to go under a plastic surgeons knife, or whatever.
So she might have the money now but her time is taken up in another direction, her son, which you seem to fault her over.
I am not faulting her. She can improve her looks for free if she wants.
A proper haircut doesn’t take more than a half hour. I don’t care myself but if she upset about what people are saying - and it might not bother her- it is available.
No one is too busy to get a haircut or a little Botox for those elevens. She has enough time to appear on national television - this is all part of it.
And dieting is not that time consuming. Not that she needs it but if she want to…

Old 11-14-2021, 06:12 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Follow the thread.

A poster compared Rittenhouse to the Good Samaritan.

So, I'm talking about the Good Samaritan from the Christian Bible, which is the literary reference, and Rittenhouse.
Thank you for clarifying. I should have picked up on that from the capital letters. He did go to help, scrubbing graffiti, etc.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
I am not faulting her. She can improve her looks for free if she wants.
A proper haircut doesn’t take more than a half hour. I don’t care myself but if she upset about what people are saying - and it might not bother her- it is available.
No one is too busy to get a haircut or a little Botox for those elevens. She has enough time to appear on national television - this is all part of it.
And dieting is not that time consuming. Not that she needs it but if she want to…
Why in the world, are we talking about the physical attractiveness of the mother in this case?

Why is it that women are always expected to be pretty and dewey? Can she not just be the mother who is in great pain, and surely hasn't slept a full night in over a year? Why does she have to be pretty and youthful?

Geez.

This poor woman. I can't imagine what she's gone through this past year - every day, a nagging, horrid fear that her son is facing serious prison time, and also that at the age of 17 he's killed two people and will never ever be the same.

Can we stop making hair style and cosmetic procedure suggestions for her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies