Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 04:15 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
No one can afford to feed/cloth themselves now in this great system of "Capitalism" the right loves so much Much less breed. I think its safe to say Capitalism is a FAILURE don't you? This is the end result. Zero trust in the future of the nation and to pass on a country to your offspring
No, capitalism is not a failure. Unfettered capitalism is, though. That's why FDR set out to create a kinder, gentler capitalism, with a modest safety net, labor unions, support for widows and their kids, and some regulation of the stock market. That worked pretty well. The trouble began with Reagan's union-busting, and deregulation of many industries and certain aspects of financial services. The situation has gone downhill since.

Old 02-12-2022, 04:15 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I notice the states with the highest birthrates include some of the more religious states. Mormonism is a big cultural factor in Utah. I notice something else. The Great Plains are heavily represented. States with low population densities have higher birthrates. The Dakotas embody this to a T. Other states include Louisiana and Mississippi, very religious, among the Blackest states in the USA. Texas is religious and home to a large Hispanic population. .
Yeah, that’s the irony: evolution benefiting populations that are less likely to accept evolution.

Old 02-12-2022, 04:20 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In my case, I just haven't found the right woman. I never did. And now that I'm in my 30s, I'm stuck with either

1) Women with alot of baggage.
2) Single mothers.

I can't deal with either.

What influenced you to be a stay-at-home-father for a few years?
Hey, Green, I didn't find my forever love (after many relationships that lasted a few years) until I was 35. He is younger than me, but we've been together a long, long time. Like 36 years. We got married last year. So if you really want a relationship, just wait and one day it will happen. Do you ever date women older than you?

Sorry this is off topic.

Good hunting!

Oh, yeah, relationships have to be nourished and there will be bad times, too.

Old 02-12-2022, 05:50 PM

686 posts, read 300,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Nation is hosed, when rate of children per family drops below 2.5.

In the US, it is 1.93 for 2020. More people die, than they are born at that rate. Arabs have rate of 8.
For Arabs 8? In earlier times perhaps, but not anymore!

Old 02-12-2022, 06:12 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
No one can afford to feed/cloth themselves now in this great system of "Capitalism" the right loves so much Much less breed. I think its safe to say Capitalism is a FAILURE don't you? This is the end result. Zero trust in the future of the nation and to pass on a country to your offspring
Illegals will have those babies because they are all attached to dollar signs. Government handouts will produce more babies.

Old 02-12-2022, 06:15 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxrob View Post
I am of Mexican decent here, and I have no children. My two brothers also have no children. My poor mom will never get grandkids from us. Lol
You and your family are the exception to the rule. Most Mexicans have large families.

https://historyplex.com/mexican-fami...itions-beliefs

Old 02-12-2022, 06:16 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,047,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Intelligent, independent people are having fewer children. Those living on others are not. It is survival of the fittest. Except that the federal government in interfering with natural selection.
Government funded devolution. Sounds like democracy. Definitely “their” democracy.

Old 02-12-2022, 06:34 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,448,119 times
Quote:
I think you're on to something.

Old 02-12-2022, 06:35 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,448,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, capitalism is not a failure. Unfettered capitalism is, though. That's why FDR set out to create a kinder, gentler capitalism, with a modest safety net, labor unions, support for widows and their kids, and some regulation of the stock market. That worked pretty well. The trouble began with Reagan's union-busting, and deregulation of many industries and certain aspects of financial services. The situation has gone downhill since.
Very true. The type of capitalism practiced today is debilitating to society.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:10 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Soyboys are too weak and low in testosterone to breed. A good thing since they couldn't afford to support any offspring anyway.

Tell that to those cattle that breed which you in turn eat. Also think how they are raised. Hint, its not on native grasses on the lone prairie like God intended. Its lot chemicals and grain and grain byproducts in confined area. And soy.... and even chicken manure. Yea "he used to come over to our house and eat chicken, **** I know him...."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies