Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 07:18 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You and your family are the exception to the rule. Most Mexicans have large families.

https://historyplex.com/mexican-fami...itions-beliefs
The 0-1-2 child family system has swept the entire world, with the exception of sub-Sahara Africa!

Old 02-12-2022, 07:24 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxrob View Post
Same here. Nearly 50 with no wife, no kids. There was a thread a while back that was basically calling people like me “selfish” for not wanting kids. Sure, call me selfish, but i’m going snowboarding nearly every day this winter. My married friends with kids are not.

Live your life. You're not sacrificing anything by not having kids. Kids are overrated. Especially other people kids. The ones that they think are special.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:41 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
I am of Mexican decent here, and I have no children. My two brothers also have no children. My poor mom will never get grandkids from us. Lol
I'm Black and in the same position. No children. My siblings don't have kids either. When I turned 30 my mother started needling me about possibly getting married and getting grandchildren for her.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:46 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The question we should be asking is what made capitalism work during the 50's to the 00's... why were the boomer generation handed such low real estate prices and what has changed? Cost of living problems are not limited to the US... Europe, China, and others are suffering as well.

Why with record productivity can we not afford to pay a wage that can afford people to reasonably own a house? Is paying 3-5X your annual income simply unreasonable to expect, particularly when the rest of the world are also modernzing and improving their standard of living?

Lower population growth means more demand for government services with fewer new workers to do things like build houses and apartments? Longer lifespan and more elderly keeping their homes into old age makes it so housing isn't being freed up? Perhaps we designed social programs that we knew were pyramid schemes from the start and they are starting to tax the system with lack of population growth...

Are we going to have to get used to living with less and paying more? What is the solution? I would say ... build more housing and not allow investors to use real estate as an investment vehicle... single family houses should be owner occupied or tax the person triple. Something must be done to make it easier for the middle class to afford the picket fence life... I mean we already don't have true capitalism... we have a managed economy with federal reserve QE pumping up asset prices....

I seriously don't know the answer here, but it has to go beyond the typical left/right arguments we have here.
We have not had real record productivity in a long time. Its all make believe "value" as an excuse to create more money.

Lower population growth equates to lower population which will mean lesser demand for everything including government services by the smaller public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
government caused these problems, more government will not solve them. no one wants the solution for a strong American economy because it isn’t politically correct.

deregulation
let the banks decide how to lend
no federal money for banks
get the government out of the housing market
energy independence
lobbying and campaign finance reform
term limits
Government is just a group of people who are more or less elected or hand picked, and then selected by those elected.

So its not Government that is the problem. It is the people we have in government, and those that helped get those people in charge, and whom they ultimately work for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
If you reduce the federal governments headcount & budget by 1/3rd, our economy will explode with growth, & Americans will prosper and multiply.

Why?

In capitalism, the private sector generates all growth, & government generates no economic growth...its a parasite. Remove the parasite, and the host will have more resources to grow & multiply.

It really is that simple. Our economic system is being bled out by a massive parasite, that will eventually kill its host.
The government isnt the parasite. The government/taxpayer is the host. Government/taxpayers have been propping up the financiers for a long time now.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Yeah, that’s the irony: evolution benefiting populations that are less likely to accept evolution.
For people, evolution favors who ever can produce the most children that survive into adulthood. In short, people who have alot of unprotected sex and have children all the time.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:17 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
For people, evolution favors who ever can produce the most children that survive into adulthood. In short, people who have alot of unprotected sex and have children all the time.
Sounds like most of the kids I went to high school with.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Sounds like most of the kids I went to high school with.
You could definitely say that and it would be believable. I noticed that many of the kids having children while in high school weren't the most academically inclined.

Old 02-13-2022, 06:03 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
There’s nothing funnier than an old white guy trying to tell me about Mexican culture.

I didn't create the link I just posted it. Is the link lying? I live in So. Calif. where there are millions of Mexicans here and many of them are here illegally so I ought to know. Everywhere you go they have several kids in tow.

Old 02-13-2022, 06:52 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
You know who is having the most children in America? Hasidic Jews - 8 children per family on average. Followed by Orthodox Jews- 4 per family.

Old 02-13-2022, 07:04 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post

If you post here having multiple properties with a 7 figure net worth, remember to be grateful for what you have. There's a good chance in your next life you won't have it.
Maybe not, so I'll just enjoy this life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies