Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 07:11 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
The only color that matters to realtors is GREEN.
That's how it's supposed to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 07:32 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
Capitalism is when people mutually consent to exchange their property or services. Both people are better off or they wouldn’t do it.

Government is force.
Capitalism cannot exist without government. Which is why capitalism was established by government. Or more specifically, capitalism was established by the rich. Capitalism came into existence only in the face of international trade. It was created by merchants and bankers, backed by Kings who wanted to bring gold and silver into their Kingdoms through international trade.

Being anti-globalism and capitalist is like being a vegan and only eating pork.

Old 02-17-2022, 07:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Considering that you live in a town where only 4% of the population doesn't "look like you," I have to question your credibility to lecture others on these matters.
My father was KKK. He actively engaged in the first televised race riot in Cicero, Illinois in 1951, before my time and a whole lot more. Those few days were the proudest moments of his life. Bringing home a new wringer washer he looted was the icing on the cake.

His actions reflected his choices. I make no apology for him or his choices.

I am grateful for having had the opportunity to bear witness to raw hate and violence.

I too had a choice. Follow in his footsteps or develop critical thinking skills and to the best of my abilities, refrain from using a broad brush to paint.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The operative word is "access". Sailed right over your head, didn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
All right, I want a sweet condo in Miami Beach, south of 5th, ocean views. Now where's my access?
"Equity ensures everyone receives fair treatment and equal access to resources, opportunities, and success."

Is everyone entitled to equal access to resources?

Is everyone entitled to equal access to opportunities?

Is everyone entitled to equal access to success?

Old 02-17-2022, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Capitalism cannot exist without government. Which is why capitalism was established by government. Or more specifically, capitalism was established by the rich. Capitalism came into existence only in the face of international trade. It was created by merchants and bankers, backed by Kings who wanted to bring gold and silver into their Kingdoms through international trade.

Being anti-globalism and capitalist is like being a vegan and only eating pork.
Capitalism is when people mutually consent to exchange their property or services. Both people are better off or they wouldn’t do it.

Capitalism can't exist without government protecting both parties equally.

Capitalism came into existence the moment two people voluntarily exchanged property.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:43 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:

Capitalism came into existence the moment two people voluntarily exchanged property.
1) Capitalism was not established by peasants. It was established by rich bankers and merchants.

2) The reason the Kings of Europe established, promoted, and protected capitalism was to bring money into their Kingdoms. That is the only reason it exists.

3) Capitalism requires the enclosure and privatization of all lands and resources. Yet the original subdivision of that land was carried out by Kings and bankers. The peasants were simply thrown off. But if that land was truly privately owned, the owner wouldn't be required to pay rent(taxes) to the government, or at least he could choose which government he wanted to pay for "protection". Of course that isn't how it works because private property isn't actually a right protected by the government, but rather a privilege granted by the government.

4) For almost all of human history there was essentially no currency, and what little trade there was, was usually bartering. Which makes me wonder, what all societies do you consider capitalism? When did capitalism begin? What country isn't capitalist by your definition?

5) Every capitalist is a globalist. All of them. Every single one. To be anti-globalist and a capitalist is to be retarded.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 02-17-2022 at 09:04 PM..

Old 02-17-2022, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
1) Capitalism was not established by peasants. It was established by rich bankers and merchants.

2) The reason the Kings of Europe established, promoted, and protected capitalism was to bring money into their Kingdoms. That is the only reason it exists.

3) Capitalism requires the enclosure and privatization of all lands and resources. Yet the original subdivision of that land was carried out by Kings and bankers. The peasants were simply thrown off. But if that land was truly privately owned, the owner wouldn't be required to pay rent(taxes) to the government, or at least he could choose which government he wanted to pay for "protection". Of course that isn't how it works because private property isn't actually a right protected by the government, but rather a privilege granted by the government.

4) For almost all of human history there was essentially no currency, and what little trade there was, was usually bartering. Which makes me wonder, what all societies do you consider capitalism? When did capitalism begin? What country isn't capitalist by your definition?

5) Every capitalist is a globalist. All of them. Every single one. To be anti-globalist and a capitalist is to be retarded.
"You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means"

Old 02-17-2022, 09:21 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
The NAR is now pushing "Diversity, Equity & Inclusion" policy....
Liberals are winning the war. Deal with it.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Liberals are winning the war. Deal with it.
It's not liberalism. It's Marxism. Marxism leads to violence. Things will get very ugly. I'm ready for it, but I'm not looking forward to it. I'm hoping we can turn this ship around before it's too late.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:43 AM

5,986 posts, read 2,240,225 times
Quote:

No, that is just the definition of Trade.

I honestly don't know what capitalism looks like since the US is not a true Capitalist country. We have too much Cartel, oligarch, and Corporate control of monetary and Government levers in the US to call this a pure Capitalist nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies