Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2022, 02:18 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Then why did Biden say he's going to put a black woman on the Supreme Court? The legal profession is a male-dominated profession. To exclude the bulk of the profession because of the candidate's sexual organs, which you acknowledge have nothing to do with their resume, sounds counterproductive to getting the BEST candidate for the job.

By the way, the other 8 justices are NOT on the chopping block here. And NONE of them have been nominated by Biden the racist boob.

The 9 justices on SCOTUS need to be, without controversy, the best jurists that we can find. The president's picks need to be on merit and merit ALONE. Period. End of Discussion.

If they all happen to be old white men, so be it.
They have been discriminating by gender for a hundred years, were they the most qualified. Inherent in Biden's plan to select a black woman is that she would be qualified. Did you feel the same way when Trump said he was going to select a woman, did he reduce the pool with that statement. All the nominations are qualified, she is certainly more qualified than others on the court, how about making your argument based on substance.

The main reason for some of these appointments was ideology, we have many qualified candidates for the court. The main factor in Trump's selections was the short list by the Federalist Society, do you honestly believe that the prior 3 appointments would have passed if they had rulings on abortion, guns or business that went against their ideology. They would have never made the list of the Federalist Society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2022, 02:28 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
A highly educated black woman with more qualifications than the other whites on the court will always be a threat to some...always haters out there of successful black women with more qualifications than themselves.
This is why they hate college.. lol.

How dare folks go to school when they can watch youtube all day and be internet geniuses

Old 03-25-2022, 02:37 PM

811 posts, read 550,975 times
It’s a 400-year long coincidence that in the country that is as diverse as America all of the Supreme Court Justices have mainly been White Males (which isn’t inherently wrong).

The same people that say “I don’t have a racist bone in my body” will find every excuse to why someone that doesn’t fit the status quo of what I said previously isnt fit for the role.

“I jUsT ThINk iT ShOuLD bE ThE mOsT QuALifIeD and nOt BaSeD oN RaCe” but literally when a person qualified comes in that isn’t an old white guy they want to insist it’s because of some Affirmative Action reason.

To those that are against it let me ask, what DOES the most qualified person look like to you?

Old 03-25-2022, 02:49 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They have been discriminating by gender for a hundred years, were they the most qualified. Inherent in Biden's plan to select a black woman is that she would be qualified. Did you feel the same way when Trump said he was going to select a woman, did he reduce the pool with that statement. All the nominations are qualified, she is certainly more qualified than others on the court, how about making your argument based on substance.

The main reason for some of these appointments was ideology, we have many qualified candidates for the court. The main factor in Trump's selections was the short list by the Federalist Society, do you honestly believe that the prior 3 appointments would have passed if they had rulings on abortion, guns or business that went against their ideology. They would have never made the list of the Federalist Society.
So undo past racism with more racism?

How about addressing the fact that THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE CANDIDATE POOL WAS EXCLUDED BASED ON RACE AND GENDER ALONE?

Last I checked, ideological alignment wasn't a protected class. Sex and race are. Joe Biden is a disgusting racist and needs to resign in disgrace for making a farce out of this process.

Old 03-25-2022, 02:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Considering how Ketanji Brown Jackson does not know what the definition of a woman is, how do we know if she is a woman or not? Who is to say?

If we cannot verify what a woman is and that she is indeed one, how can we say she is the first black woman SCJ when she gets on the court?

In fact, how do we even know she is black? What does black mean? Define it?

Now that I think about it, Ketanji Brown Jackson is actually anti-LGBTQ+AI%^#$)*. She said she could not define what a woman is because she is not a biologist, which means she thinks men and women are defined by something they are physically born with.

This is outrageous and she should step down immediately. She is dismissing those that feel they are what they are regardless of what they are in the context of thinking about time space and space time and now is the time to always do what we have always done and that time is now and forever. This is outrageous. Why do democrats hate people?
Unlike you, I don't care. I also don't wonder if Michele Obama is really a woman or the same thing about that great tennis star, Serena Williams. I also don't worry about the reality of their skin color.

Old 03-25-2022, 04:37 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Quote:
The fact that Joe Biden said he's going to pick a black woman, and lo and behold, a black woman was put before the committee, ALONE puts her candidacy in question.
Only if he said he would consider just any black woman. I guess he chose among qualified women, huh? Under your view, Clarence Thomas should have refused a seat on the court and he should have said that he would only replace a white man.

Quote:
How do you know she's the best jurist for the job when like 90% of the potential candidate pool was eliminated on race and gender?
Because she's more qualified than some of the people on the court and repressnts a constituency never before
present on the court.
Quote:
Any member of the bar is "qualified", technically speaking. Says absolutely nothing about their candidacy for SCOTUS.
That's not true at all. One has to be admitted to the federal courts and then have been permitted to do federal trials. Not every lawyer can do that. There's more to it than people realize.

Old 03-25-2022, 04:41 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,314,448 times
Quote:
So undo past racism with more racism?

How about addressing the fact that THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE CANDIDATE POOL WAS EXCLUDED BASED ON RACE AND GENDER ALONE?

Last I checked, ideological alignment wasn't a protected class. Sex and race are. Joe Biden is a disgusting racist and needs to resign in disgrace for making a farce out of this process.
I don't think many people particularly care whether you think Joe Biden is a disgusting racist or not.

I know the truth and he is not.

Old 03-25-2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Only if he said he would consider just any black woman. I guess he chose among qualified women, huh? Under your view, Clarence Thomas should have refused a seat on the court and he should have said that he would only replace a white man.

Because she's more qualified than some of the people on the court and repressnts a constituency never before
present on the court.
That's not true at all. One has to be admitted to the federal courts and then have been permitted to do federal trials. Not every lawyer can do that. There's more to it than people realize.
He said he was going to pick a black woman. It follows logically that he was NOT GOING TO CONSIDER ANYONE ELSE. That doesn't need to be said.

That much should be clear to any reasonable person. Why would you consider anyone else if you already decided from the get-go that your pick must be a black woman?

Old 03-25-2022, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I don't think many people particularly care whether you think Joe Biden is a disgusting racist or not.

I know the truth and he is not.
And I don't care what your opinion is.

I know the truth and he is a disgusting racist. And an imbecile.

Old 03-25-2022, 05:23 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times
If a nominee fits within the mainstream of their side they should be approved. I dislike her answer on the woman / biologist thing however is there any evidence should would be more extreme than either Ginsburg on the left or Scalia on the right? You can have a fringe personal opinion yet be a good judge. If not then I say approve her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies