Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 10:56 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
As more states pass laws banning transgender genetic males (XY chromosomes) from competing in girls'/women's sports the issue of "what is a woman" may very well be extremely relevant if any of those state laws are challenged at SCOTUS.

From his/her testimony to Congress under oath, we know where KBJ lies on that issue. He'll/she'll support the Democrats' ongoing efforts to completely claw back genetic girls' and women's (XX chromosomes) Title IX Rights. 1972-2022. RIP Title IX. The Democrats hate it.
She never commented on the issue, no one asked her for her opinion on transgendered athletes.

The issue is already in the courts in states that banned athletes, Florida has been sued, Idaho has a lawsuit and Utah has set aside funding for lawsuits in school districts. They will likely lose in the lower courts.

Last edited by Goodnight; 04-10-2022 at 11:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 06:55 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
https://news.yahoo.com/whats-woman-g...094516531.html

From the article when asked if they could define what a woman is:

“I don’t have anything for you on that,” said Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.).

“I’m not going to indulge you,” said Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas).

Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) dodged the question three times in a row, citing her policy of not talking to reporters in Senate hallways ― even though it was Blackburn who made this an issue with Jackson in the first place.

“I have more of a traditional view of what a woman is,” said Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.).

What is that?

“My wife.”
What disgusting hypocrites these senators are. Repugnants, all of them.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:57 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
When asked what is a woman she said "I don't know'. Are you denying that? Maybe they didn't show it on CNN.
And yet when Marsha Blackburn was asked the same question by a reporter, she wouldn't answer it either. But you're good with that, aren't ya?

Old 04-11-2022, 08:01 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,191,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
When asked what is a woman she said "I don't know'. Are you denying that? Maybe they didn't show it on CNN.
Well it was different than that. Blackburn asked: “Can you provide a definition for the word ’woman’?" and the judge declined to provide one.

You see how the colloquy is different than it is portrayed? That's how internet rumors spread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies