Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2022, 10:41 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,164,931 times

Advertisements

It’s all about risk/reward. I’m in good shape, eat a clean diet, have a healthy immune system. I did catch Delta and felt like I had a bad cold for 3 days and it was over. I’ll take the risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2022, 03:35 AM

3,350 posts, read 1,239,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Well, if I went into a store that didn't have a huge "Masks Required!" sign at the entrance, I get to assume they don't require masks. If an employee said something to me about not having one, I'd be having some choice words in response...lol.

Very, very few places enforced masks here in the Southeast - it just wasn't worth the trouble to get into shouting matches with peeved customers.
I'm not wearing masks in stores anymore either
If a store requires it I won't go there

But if that's your policy and you mouth off to an employee about it you aren't a radical thinking just an absolute tool

Last edited by djohnslaw; 03-20-2022 at 03:54 AM..

Old 03-20-2022, 03:48 AM

3,350 posts, read 1,239,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
And majority of people in Times Square are wearing I Love NY t-shirts and standing in the middle of the streets taking pictures and selfies. That’s not how typical NYers live their life. Times Square is the worst place to check out and see how a typical NYer lives! That area is jam packed with dumb tourists!

I live in NYC
While in some neighborhoods a lot of people still are wearing masks indoors ,outside hardly anyone is.Less than ten percent for sure.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:26 AM

3,503 posts, read 1,414,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
I live in NYC
While in some neighborhoods a lot of people still are wearing masks indoors ,outside hardly anyone is.Less than ten percent for sure.
Yeah, kinda silly if you ask me. Either people wear a mask or not. Virus can spread both indoors and outdoors.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:30 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Many of the grocery and retail workers in my area are still masking while the customers are not. I assume they do so because they stand indoors in one HVAC system for several hours a day. Us shoppers are in and out pretty quicky and moving throughout an area. During the early days of COVID, grocery store workers were some of the hardest hit with COVID due to their chronic exposure to the public and the nature of staying indoors being exposed for hours at a time. I don't blame some of them for wanting some added protection. But if they aren't bothered and don't want it, that's fine too.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:35 AM

43,140 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Many of the grocery and retail workers in my area are still masking while the customers are not. I assume they do so because they stand indoors in one HVAC system for several hours a day. Us shoppers are in and out pretty quicky and moving throughout an area. During the early days of COVID, grocery store workers were some of the hardest hit with COVID due to their chronic exposure to the public and the nature of staying indoors being exposed for hours at a time. I don't blame some of them for wanting some added protection. But if they aren't bothered and don't want it, that's fine too.
You should just ask them.

My Walmart no longer requires workers to wear masks so the masks came off most employees.
I asked and they told me and then I congratulated them for being able to breathe again

My Walgreens just allowed workers to toss the masks. I asked and was given the answer.
I also congratulated them for being able to breathe again.

Why Assume when you can simply ask and get the correct answer ?

Old 03-20-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You should just ask them.

My Walmart no longer requires workers to wear masks so the masks came off most employees.
I asked and they told me and then I congratulated them for being able to breathe again

My Walgreens just allowed workers to toss the masks. I asked and was given the answer.
I also congratulated them for being able to breathe again.

Why Assume when you can simply ask and get the correct answer ?
Because I don't want to come of as a pompous weirdo to store employees. It's not my business as to why or why not they choose to wear a mask. It's fairly obvoius and easy to assume that they wear them because they feel at risk. No need to comment or force my judgment on them in the form of congratulations or criticism for that matter. That's just too weird. Really, can't breathe in a mask? Dramatic much?

Old 03-20-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Because I don't want to come of as a pompous weirdo to store employees. It's not my business as to why or why not they choose to wear a mask. It's fairly obvoius and easy to assume that they wear them because they feel at risk. No need to comment or force my judgment on them in the form of congratulations or criticism for that matter. That's just too weird. Really, can't breathe in a mask? Dramatic much?
Wow. it's not like that where I live.
I noticed they weren't wearing masks and I simply asked "Oh you don't have to wear masks anymore ?"
How is that being a pompous weirdo ?

You can assume all you want. I wanted to find out the truth. it was not optional for the employees but mandated by the store.

That is one major reason I love living in the South....people are not scared to talk and ask questions.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Wow. it's not like that where I live.
I noticed they weren't wearing masks and I simply asked "Oh you don't have to wear masks anymore ?"
How is that being a pompous weirdo ?

You can assume all you want. I wanted to find out the truth. it was not optional for the employees but mandated by the store.
"Congratulating them for being able to breathe again." That's just a weird remark.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
"Congratulating them for being able to breathe again." That's just a weird remark.
And ????

We never had mandates here by city/county/state. Those were all store mandates. Those poor workers had to keep those masks on their entire shift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies