Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 01:39 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
It's a lot easier to pull a trigger than to stab someone. In the time you fatally stab or swing a bat at someone, I could've shot and killed several.

And don't take me as an anti-2A guy. I own several firearms. Long guns and pistols. I shoot at the range regularly.
That has nothing to do with it. I could walk up to you, take you by surprise and stab you several times or slit your throat wide open before you could even draw your weapon. Same with clubbing you over the head with a blunt object. You'd have absolutely no idea of what hit you. Unless you're Matt Dillon there wouldn't be a God damn thing that you could do about it. I could light and toss a Molotov cocktail into a crowded room before anyone could stop me. Drive my vehicle up onto the sidewalk mowing down pedestrians. Park a truck filled with fertilizer and diesel fuel in front of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building and blow it up. Take down jet liners with box cutters. I fail to see your point? I don't think that you've thought this out very well?

As myself and others have pointed out that you don't need guns to kill people or commit mass murder. So why just single out guns for excessive regulations? Regulations that encroach on the 2nd Amendment rights of law abiding citizens. You're no anti-2A guy alright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Why not? It violates the Constitution.
Big difference.

Old 04-22-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So what? The OP said the reason for all sales to go through an FFL was to protect oneself from the ATF if a crime is committed with the gun after it's sold.

And as far as a NICS background check? How in the hell was Hunter Biden able to buy a gun given his narcotics addictions. NICS is a joke. The church shooter in TX passed NICS background checks, TWICE.

26 killed, 20 wounded.

https://www.ksat.com/news/2017/11/06...n-san-antonio/
Better yet why isn't he being charged and prosecuted for deliberately lying on Federal Form 4473 in order to illegally purchase a handgun? Which is a federal crime punishable by 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Since Hunter Biden took possession of the handgun he was at the time a prohibited possessor as described by federal and state laws. Which is also a felony and a separate crime in addition to lying on Form 4473.

If charges are not filed against Hunter Biden. I guess it's safe to say that Hunter's old man Brandon along with the Honorable AG Merrick Garland are in favor of drug addicts lying on a federal form in order to illegally purchase firearms and possess them?

Old 04-22-2022, 02:25 PM

89,037 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Better yet why isn't he being charged and prosecuted for deliberately lying on Federal Form 4473 in order to illegally purchase a handgun? Which is a federal crime punishable by 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Since Hunter Biden took possession of the handgun he was at the time a prohibited possessor as described by federal and state laws. Which is also a felony and a separate crime in addition to lying on Form 4473.

If charges are not filed against Hunter Biden. I guess it's safe to say that Hunter's old man Brandon along with the Honorable AG Merrick Garland are in favor of drug addicts lying on a federal form in order to illegally purchase firearms and possess them?
Exactly, which indicates what a farce NICS, the ATF, and federal gun laws are. Not surprising. Most of the Fed Gov is a farce.

Old 04-22-2022, 02:32 PM

908 posts, read 442,340 times
No because that would ( in all likelihood ) require another massive piece of federal legislation that the entirety of the United States would have to follow , a prospect that would only escalate the already tense enough political rivalries in the country .

Proposals for top down legislation like this work well in countries with an actual majority consensus about an issue , yet as I'm sure we all know there is nothing even close to approaching a majority consensus regarding just about any controversial " social issue " in the United States .

Personally I have no objection to more permit oriented firearms legislation as long as its of the sensible shall issue sort , I actually hold three different gun permits in three different EU countries plus a European Firearms Pass , however trying to get the entirety of the USA to follow that sort of legal format for guns would be no more sensible than trying to get the entirety of Europe to follow the constitutional carry format .

Every country must have legislation that fits its historical roots/cultural mentality and this sort of proposal just wouldn't suit the US as a whole .

Old 04-22-2022, 02:39 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times
FFL is just another tax on firearms. Sometimes the FFL can be pretty cheap. Sometimes it's upwards of $75. They charge different prices.

Old 04-22-2022, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Exactly, which indicates what a farce NICS, the ATF, and federal gun laws are. Not surprising. Most of the Fed Gov is a farce.
More like a criminal enterprise.

After defeating tyranny, the founders of this nation gave us the greatest form of governing that ever existed. They'd be turning in their graves if they could see what has happened to it.

Old 04-22-2022, 02:44 PM

2,330 posts, read 962,697 times
Quote:
So what? The OP said the reason for all sales to go through an FFL was to protect oneself from the ATF if a crime is committed with the gun after it's sold.

And as far as a NICS background check? How in the hell was Hunter Biden able to buy a gun given his narcotics addictions. NICS is a joke. The church shooter in TX passed NICS background checks, TWICE.

26 killed, 20 wounded.

https://www.ksat.com/news/2017/11/06...n-san-antonio/

So let's drop all safeguards then since they're ineffective.

Old 04-22-2022, 02:55 PM

6,009 posts, read 3,739,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I support all gun sales to go though federal firearms license holders. I also support increasing the number of FFL's. ATF spent lot of years getting rid of FFLS who operated out of their homes not sure if that is still the case now.

The reason I support transfers though an FFL because it's the only way to prove you had nothing to do with that firearm after it left your control.

The ATF has and can visit you after recovering that gun lets say you sold that gun to someone at a gun show because you bought the gun new from a FFL the serial number will always lead to you. Now the ATF has arrested that person that you did a private sale to who is claiming you knew the gun was going to a criminal try and work out a plea deal? If you go though an FFL the responsibility is on them to follow the law you have proof because the serial number was recorded in his book. If the ATF visits you simply point them to the FFL you transferred the gun though.
That's not the way the laws and court system work in this country. It has NEVER been the responsibility of the innocent person to PROVE his innocence on ANY type of alleged crime. The burden has ALWAYS been on the prosecution to prove that the accused was GUILTY, not on the innocent to prove his innocence.

If you are worried about who you're selling a gun to, then perhaps you shouldn't sell to them. Or, simply write up a Bill of Sale stating that the buyer affirms that he/she is legally able to own and possess the gun that they are buying from you. Then have them sign the Bill of Sale and attach a photo copy of his/her driver's license showing that they are a resident of the same state. If the buyer is lying, then it is the buyer who is committing the crime, not you.

Old 04-22-2022, 03:07 PM

89,037 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
So let's drop all safeguards then since they're ineffective.
I agree. Any supposed "safeguards" are unconstitutional anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies