Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 06:07 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times

Advertisements

The people have the RIGHT to bear arms - and thus acquire them without compliance with regulations.
HOWEVER
Consenting citizens / militia men can be regulated in the manner in which they bear arms, and which arms are allowed.
You do know that they're mutually exclusive, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2022, 06:58 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
The way it works in NJ as per state police, if you leave a gun to whoever, and state it in your will, that person owns the gun! NO ffl, 'permit to purchase' needed unless the estate is turned over to an auction house/appraiser to evaluate the estate.

If a will uses an estate appraiser/auction house with an FFL in another state, 'a permit to purchase' was required for me to pick up the handgun. I was able to go pick up the long gun and take it home, no problem, handgun a different story. Had to be shipped to a Nj FFL which required me to get a 'permit to purchase', for a gun I already owned.

Depending on the value of the firearm, the cost to transfer might be several times the cost of the firearm.

If firearm was at the relatives home and no FFL involved, then I just go pick it up and bring it home. NJ does not require firearm registration. Of course once a transaction with an FFL, the sale is 'registered'.

Registration does nothing to prevent crimes, it might give detectives a place to start looking...AFTER THE FACT.

Do a search on stolen guns in any city or state and see how many are lost to criminals. most of the stolen guns are from armories, gun shops. sure some stolen form individuals but the bulk comes from commercial state or federal armories.

Yet to see a law to tighten up security for firearms.

then again the open borders and drug gangs biden is financing are flush with cash and the US is not the only place firearms can be purchased, especially the latest and greatest versions. the old days when a car antenna was used as a zip gun and you could buy a pistol from a magazine if you were 18 years old are long gone and the laws that addressed those days of yore are useless.

Would be nice if current laws were enforced and juvenile records released!!!

Why does the left willingly sacrifice innocent lives with useless gun laws????

Why is Biden financing drug cartels? Perhaps it is how Biden pays the drug cartels to mind the southern border, a sort of quid pro quo; contract the border out to drug cartels?????

Imagine if you were so wealthy and your n\mattress was stuffed with cash provided by biden, buying any sort of firearm would hardly be a problem. Last place you'd go is to a gun show.

Hey how is that CA senator Yee doing. You know, the antigun zealot who was selling weapons of war to anyone with cash???

If concerned about human toll from firearms, why no concern for the fentanyl, the leading cause of death for 18-45 year olds??????????????????????????????????

HHS, CDC, BIDEN, where are you? Fentanyl is leading cause of death and not a peep. why are you waging chemical warfare against America???????????????

Old 04-24-2022, 09:18 AM

2,329 posts, read 961,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
There's a big difference between dousing someone with gasoline and setting them on fire than tossing a Molotov cocktail into a crowd. You do know what a Molotov cocktail is or don't you? Hint: It's not something you get at a bar. You can easily kill just as many people as you would if you opened fire on them with a gun. During the Happyland Fire in 1990 87 people were killed with what was a dollars worth of gasoline at the time a container and a match. Which is 28 more than what Paddock killed with a bunch of AR 15's equipped with bump stocks, thousands of rounds of ammunition, firing from a hotel window into a crowd of 22,000. Only folks with limited intelligence couldn't tell the difference.

Let's try and use better analogies mmkay?

mmkay? Since it doesn't really matter to you either way and you honestly DGAF about the whole gun debate, then why are you on this forum debating about it? Only folks with limited intelligence would do that. Especially when they can't even recognize their own hypocrisy and put it on display for all the world to read. mmkay?

Again, get back to me when Molotov cocktails are the most used murder weapon.

Old 04-24-2022, 09:22 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
HAnds and feet are more a danger in deaths than rifles.

Old 04-24-2022, 09:52 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
Sure, when the most common weapon used for homicide is dousing the victim in gasoline and lighting them on fire with a match, then I'm sure they will be regulated as well.
But it won't be, because firearms are far more effective as a weapon than gas and a match.

Let's try and use better analogies mmkay?

Only folks with limited intelligence don't think you can support the 2A and responsible gun ownership laws at the same time.
But it doesn't really matter to me either way. There is no hope for this country when it comes to curbing gun violence so I honestly DGAF about the whole gun debate.
The only thing that any of this does, including the endless other regulations and nonsense, is make it more difficult for those who would not abuse their right to bear arms.

That's it.

"Responsible gun ownership" is never geared towards criminals - because criminals do not obey the law. This would also not stop them from disobeying the law.

There should be NO regulations, NO fees, NO background checks, NO red flag laws - none of it.

None of these have done a damn thing to stop gun violence by those who insist on using guns to settle their differences.

The government is not interested in which weapon is most commonly used for homicide. They are only interested in being a giant pain in the ass to those who want to arm themselves. And there is one reason, and one reason only for that: Because the government knows that they can't ride roughshod over the citizens, and do every last thing that they want while there are millions of gun owners out there. Which they would, given the chance.

The argument that 'Well, the police and military would outgun all of you' that some like to trot out, is complete BS. Many of them won't destroy their own countrymen. They will disobey orders. The others...yeah, we have a big military, and we have powerful weapons, but they won't outnumber the multiple millions of gun owners in this country who ALSO have military and/or police backgrounds, should the government decide it wants to get froggy.

Old 04-24-2022, 10:17 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
........The government is not interested in which weapon is most commonly used for homicide. They are only interested in being a giant pain in the ass to those who want to arm themselves. And there is one reason, and one reason only for that: Because the government knows that they can't ride roughshod over the citizens, and do every last thing that they want while there are millions of gun owners out there. Which they would, given the chance.

The argument that 'Well, the police and military would outgun all of you' that some like to trot out, is complete BS. Many of them won't destroy their own countrymen. They will disobey orders. The others...yeah, we have a big military, and we have powerful weapons, but they won't outnumber the multiple millions of gun owners in this country who ALSO have military and/or police backgrounds, should the government decide it wants to get froggy.
Besides, there is other things to it. The government might win......but it would be a very costly victory. I mean, even at the individual level, how many politicians want to face an Ironside fate?

Old 04-24-2022, 10:22 AM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I have no problem with all transfers going through an FFL. For me it's just for the ease of selling things. I drop whatever i've sold to my buddy (an FFL) and he does all the rest. I don't have to deal with anyone.
Here in CA we have a ten day wait so the FFL gets compensated for that. Between the DROS and other fees the gun may cost less than the fees.

Old 04-24-2022, 10:24 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Here in CA we have a ten day wait so the FFL gets compensated for that. Between the DROS and other fees the gun may cost less than the fees.
Like I posted, I live 20 miles from a state line. Guns are usually cheaper in the other state, until you add FFL transfer fees.

Old 04-24-2022, 10:53 AM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Like I posted, I live 20 miles from a state line. Guns are usually cheaper in the other state, until you add FFL transfer fees.
My last purchase was online and between the State sales tax and all the fees they hit me for another 220 dollars over the purchase price.

Old 04-24-2022, 11:21 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
My last purchase was online and between the State sales tax and all the fees they hit me for another 220 dollars over the purchase price.
The biggest gun store around here has over 30 pages listing out-of-stock guns. Are guns just selling that well or are they having production problems?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies