Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 03:12 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
That's how I bought mine. I don't see a big deal other than the price gouging for transfers for less than 10 minutes of paper work. It shouldn't cost me $75 to do a transfer as a buyer.
At $75. you should have a gun because you are being robbed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 03:21 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I support all gun sales to go though federal firearms license holders. I also support increasing the number of FFL's. ATF spent lot of years getting rid of FFLS who operated out of their homes not sure if that is still the case now.

The reason I support transfers though an FFL because it's the only way to prove you had nothing to do with that firearm after it left your control.

The ATF has and can visit you after recovering that gun lets say you sold that gun to someone at a gun show because you bought the gun new from a FFL the serial number will always lead to you. Now the ATF has arrested that person that you did a private sale to who is claiming you knew the gun was going to a criminal try and work out a plea deal? If you go though an FFL the responsibility is on them to follow the law you have proof because the serial number was recorded in his book. If the ATF visits you simply point them to the FFL you transferred the gun though.
Nope-

I've given guns away to friends and family and don't want to be restricted.

We don't commit crimes with weapons and should not be treated like criminals.

Want to control gun violence? Re-open psych hospitals, control the borders, and have longer sentences for violent criminals.

Old 04-22-2022, 05:13 PM

2,328 posts, read 960,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
That has nothing to do with it. I could walk up to you, take you by surprise and stab you several times or slit your throat wide open before you could even draw your weapon. Same with clubbing you over the head with a blunt object. You'd have absolutely no idea of what hit you. Unless you're Matt Dillon there wouldn't be a God damn thing that you could do about it. I could light and toss a Molotov cocktail into a crowded room before anyone could stop me. Drive my vehicle up onto the sidewalk mowing down pedestrians. Park a truck filled with fertilizer and diesel fuel in front of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building and blow it up. Take down jet liners with box cutters. I fail to see your point? I don't think that you've thought this out very well?

As myself and others have pointed out that you don't need guns to kill people or commit mass murder. So why just single out guns for excessive regulations? Regulations that encroach on the 2nd Amendment rights of law abiding citizens. You're no anti-2A guy alright.

And in the time you "take me surprise" with a knife, I could take a room full of people by surprise with a gun.

This is not debatable.

Old 04-22-2022, 05:14 PM

958 posts, read 1,106,061 times
Ok at what point do you liberal thing people feel the Gov. has A right to judge, approve and dictate what you/we do As free American Citizens ?
You can't buy that Vehicle because it is to fast, to heavy & burns to much fuel.
That food makes you gain weight to fast.
No you can't marry that person because it is not the same sex. ?????????
And A hundred other things.
Oh last ************ Registration leads to confiscation ***********************
Look at Europe Australia and others.

Old 04-22-2022, 05:43 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
You can have an exceptions word the law someone you have no connection to. I'm sure there is way to do it I'm talking about private sales to someone you don't know. FFL transfers shouldn't cost more then $20 at most. This isn't about massive registration it's about a way to protect yourself. I would never sell any of my firearms again in a private sale after an experience I had with the ATF. The idea that your innocent until proven guilty in this county is a joke. If the ATF want to pin it on you they will and left to a jury who convict 90% of the time.
But a de facto registration would occur as part of this. Registrations serve only two purposes - taxation or confiscation. Some of my favorite arms have no such pedigree. After my dad passed I grabbed the two handguns he had in the house. Years later, I asked my Mom when visiting her where the handgun her then companion had bought for her was. I told her “You’ve never shot this, there is no ammo for it. If you pulled it out an intruder would likely beat you with it before stealing it. I’m taking it.†And so it sorta fell into the back seat of my car and came home with me. No paperwork on these nor on the several others bought or sold in the parking lot at WalMart before my state made such transactions illegal. My collection will pass to my child with no complications involved either.

Like you said, if they want to get you they will, paperwork or not.

Old 04-22-2022, 05:45 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
And in the time you "take me surprise" with a knife, I could take a room full of people by surprise with a gun.

This is not debatable.
Well sure you could and people have. So what's your point? I could do the same with a Molotov cocktail. There's no regulations, background checks, or paperwork for purchasing gasoline, a container and a match. That is not debatable!!! But you still don't get it.

Like hell you support the 2nd Amendment own guns or even shoot at the range. You're not fooling anyone.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 04-22-2022 at 06:27 PM..

Old 04-22-2022, 05:53 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
I support all gun sales to go though federal firearms license holders. I also support increasing the number of FFL's. ATF spent lot of years getting rid of FFLS who operated out of their homes not sure if that is still the case now.

The reason I support transfers though an FFL because it's the only way to prove you had nothing to do with that firearm after it left your control.

The ATF has and can visit you after recovering that gun lets say you sold that gun to someone at a gun show because you bought the gun new from a FFL the serial number will always lead to you. Now the ATF has arrested that person that you did a private sale to who is claiming you knew the gun was going to a criminal try and work out a plea deal? If you go though an FFL the responsibility is on them to follow the law you have proof because the serial number was recorded in his book. If the ATF visits you simply point them to the FFL you transferred the gun though.
while I'm not surprised this came from you, the bolded says everything that matters. This was important enough for you to start a thread, but not important enough for you to get your ducks in a row. Does that resonate?

Legal gun owners do not care if they "buy their gun legally", however that is defined. What they care about is the government - now more than ever - having their info recorded for every gun they've purchased.

If I'm qualified to buy a gun - haven't broken a single one of the rules that says "Sorry, you're not allowed to possess a gun" - then it's none of the government's business whether I own the zero I currently do, or 1,000 AR-15's.

Old 04-22-2022, 05:55 PM

2,328 posts, read 960,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Well sure you could. I could do the same with a Molotov cocktail. But you still don't get it. This is not debatable!!!!!!!

Like hell you support the 2nd Amendment own guns or even shoot at the range. You're not fooling anyone.

You brought up the knife v gun comparison, and now you are trying to change it to gun v explosive.

I could show you my arsenal, but I don't have to stoop this low to win an internet argument.

Old 04-22-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
While it sounds good in theory, it is the thugs that are using firearms to intentionally hurt people. Research it and let me know how many acquired theirs from an FFL. I'm leaning towards a big fat ZERO, which is the same way they'll continue to bring harm forward.

Remember 9/11? It wasn't guns that took those lives!

If a criminal wants to harm someone, they will find a way.
the other day, some leftist asked "Where are all the good guys with guns" related to some rash of shootings.

The simple question I asked - never answered - was "Which one of those who pulled the trigger were legal firearm owners?"

Last I remember, the sentence for using a gun - fired or not - in the commission of a felony was a 10 year sentence. Is that the still the case, or not?

Old 04-22-2022, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Get rid of the need for FFLs altogether. Buying a gun should be no different than buying a bottle of milk.
bull****.

you support a criminal, who used a gun in the commission of a crime, having the ability to "buy a bottle of milk" while they're out on bond, or after serving their sentence (plea bargained or not).

Bull ****, you do not, unless you're a damn idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies