Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 192 39.26%
No 250 51.12%
Unsure 47 9.61%
Voters: 489. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 12:21 PM

4,893 posts, read 2,693,795 times

Advertisements

Norway is sending 160 hellfire missiles..

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/norway-don...nt-to-ukraine/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2022, 12:46 PM

the reds are on the run..and you know it's true when a Russian former intelligent officer admits it..

Quote:

Russian sources confirmed the onslaught in vivid accounts. According to Igor Girkin, a former Russian intelligence officer who led separatist forces in the conflict Moscow fomented in eastern Ukraine in 2014, Ukrainian special forces made lighting raids behind enemy lines “causing panic . . . destroying rear checkpoints, intercepting roads and transport columns”.

Reliable communications also led to Ukrainian forces being supported “by precise missile strikes”, while the Russian air force was unable to tell “friend from foe in the mess”, Girkin wrote on Telegram.
https://www.ft.com/content/23779699-...2-6e519d96141a

Old 09-09-2022, 01:06 PM

52,701 posts, read 34,636,021 times
Quote:
A group of Russian troops in a Russian-backed region of Moldova is experiencing "mass desertion" during a push to recruit contract workers in the area, according to Ukrainian military intelligence.

The Main Intelligence Directorate of Ukraine's Defense Ministry wrote in a new report Thursday that residents of Transnistria are refusing to sign contracts with the Russian army despite promises of "high cash payments, social packages, and likely housing." The report also said that there had been an increase in the number of desertion cases among what it described as the "operational group of Russian troops in Transnistria."

"And due to the limited number of military contingents, the Russians cannot attract the necessary resources to search for and return the missing," it added.
https://www.newsweek.com/russian-for...report-1741284

Old 09-09-2022, 01:09 PM

51,659 posts, read 25,891,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Just saw a video of two A-10 Warthogs in the Lzium area

Hot damn!
Sadly, I am now pretty sure it was GCI with an enthusiastic Ukrainian soldier.

Too bad. That would move things along.

Old 09-09-2022, 01:16 PM

25,612 posts, read 17,355,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I don't know. Why is that relevant ? That poster said they never read of the MSM predicting "economic collapse". Well I gave them 2 links from March that say exactly that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
May I present "exhibit A"...all this blather came out in March...remember this war was going to be short...like a month or two ?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/franc...b0317d0a329c20
Russia Facing ‘Outright Defeat’ And ‘Sudden’ Collapse In Ukraine

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapo...h=242587d87089

.Russians Fleeing As Nation Faces Economic Collapse
Neither of those said Russia was "near collapse". Neither said "a month or two". So you just made that up. Near collapse is not the same thing as economic collapse.

They both said the same thing I have been saying. Russia will collapse. Forbes, especially, sees things the way I do. I believe Russia cannot withstand the sanctions and boycotts. And in the end - who knows, but measured in months - Russia will drop off the G20 list of top economies. The G20 provide 80% of the world's economy, and Russia will become irrelevant. Like Venezuela. Cuba. North Korea.

Old 09-09-2022, 01:24 PM

25,612 posts, read 17,355,583 times
I can see how Ukraine can regain most of the west side of the river.
But then they are met with the same obstacle the Russians had - the river. I have no idea how military people are going to handle that.

Old 09-09-2022, 01:30 PM

52,701 posts, read 34,636,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Neither of those said Russia was "near collapse". Neither said "a month or two". So you just made that up. Near collapse is not the same thing as economic collapse.

They both said the same thing I have been saying. Russia will collapse. Forbes, especially, sees things the way I do. I believe Russia cannot withstand the sanctions and boycotts. And in the end - who knows, but measured in months - Russia will drop off the G20 list of top economies. The G20 provide 80% of the world's economy, and Russia will become irrelevant. Like Venezuela. Cuba. North Korea.
i don't think the largest country on earth, with vast mineral and fossil fuel riches and thousands of nuclear warheads, will ever become irrelevant like the small countries you used for comparison.

weakened and ostracized, sure. irrelevant, no way.

Old 09-09-2022, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I found nothing. Not a great fit unless you have air dominance in an area. F16s however...
I've read that they are training on F-16s and F-15s.

Old 09-09-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

Sadly, many post articles that they either have not read, or read and were not able to understand.

For a time, there were all sorts of threads based on articles that did not support the title of the thread. In some cases, said the exact opposite.

I just thought they were learning and they'd figure it out..

Old 09-09-2022, 01:53 PM

as far as planes go I don't why they don't tear the planes apart and ship them in that way in pieces..so as not to escalate the 'special military operation'..instead of just flying them in from other countries..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies