Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 06:56 AM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
The only part that is crystal clear is that Trump peddled the big lie, filed 50-60 fake lawsuits, and stole $250 million in donations based on that lie, and still continues to lie about it all.

However, I want to wait and see what the prosecutors say.

Superb idea. For all we know, the last televised hearing may exonerate everyone connected with 1/6 and prove that all of the ones at the Capitol were just there playing Rugby, and Trump and Crew were merely cheering their favorite teams.

Course, I kinda have my doubts, but you never know. We'll have to wait and watch.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:59 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,671,988 times
Quote:
The only part that is crystal clear is that Trump peddled the big lie, filed 50-60 fake lawsuits, and stole $250 million in donations based on that lie, and still continues to lie about it all.

Nice deflection.

You are still refusing to see the bigger picture in all of this because you have a hatred of either a particular person or a party. Stop seeing it that way and start seeing this as an American citizen.

I'll ask the question again. WHY did the left turn their heads during all of the riots held on behalf of BLM and then want to bring this one to the forefront? WHY did they not show equal disgust? That should bother you.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:06 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Garland is AG of the United States, and as such was ***ALWAYS*** the one who was going to "get" him if he gets got, read: indict and prosecute him if the evidence of crimes is sufficient. Garland is not Moscow Mitch and his Band of Craven Political Senate Cowards who are willing to look the other way regardless of evidence presented.
Except there’s so many before him that we heard were going to get him…and if is the key word. He won’t be gotten.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:09 AM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except there’s so many before him that we heard were going to get him…and if is the key word. He won’t be gotten.
"read: indict and prosecute him if the evidence of crimes is sufficient."

That's how the legal system works, and no one is above the law.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:11 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,412,287 times
Quote:

Nicely, concisely put. One of the felonies Trump is likely guilty of, conspiracy to defraud the American people, is proven here everyday by the statements of the defrauded - who have not yet caught on.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:14 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,671,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Nicely, concisely put. One of the felonies Trump is likely guilty of, conspiracy to defraud the American people, is proven here everyday by the statements of the defrauded - who have not yet caught on.
Scroll up and read my question above.

Are you also willing to overlook what the left has done? Do you not question why the rules were different for BLM than they are for capitol protestors and Trump?

Old 06-16-2022, 07:18 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Cough**BLM**cough

Old 06-16-2022, 07:21 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Sounds familiar doesn't it?

I don't know the truth about what happened and neither do you. My point in all of this is that the whole thing smells fishy. There are always two sides. We're not being shown the other side. Again, an attempt to create a leading narrative.

I'm not on either side of this but I AM on the side of the actual truth and not what one party or the other wants to try and convince us of. You seem to have made up your mind and there's no way that you could know the truth. It's pretty darn clear that what snippets we've seen do not directly line up with the picture they're trying to paint. How do you not see that?
What other side? We are hearing from Trump's White House staff and campaign staff. We are hearing from people who were there. Who are on the other side that you want to hear from?

Old 06-16-2022, 07:23 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
"read: indict and prosecute him if the evidence of crimes is sufficient."

That's how the legal system works, and no one is above the law.
The legal system didn’t previously involve a production number of a hearing that told only one side.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:26 AM

1,420 posts, read 1,595,554 times
You have to be kidding. The hearings are led by the same liars that perpetuated the Trump Russia Hoax for over five years. All the crimes this involved are 100 times worse than anything that happened on January 6, 2021. If these Democrats (plus a few RINOs) were held accountable for all their crimes I would take these hearing seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies