Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 04:36 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Again, I was commenting specifically on a post that talked about white nationalism. Which is why I answered the same way.

Yes...it was my post.

So....since you're so hot on throwing that term around....

Why don't you give us your definition of "white nationalist" ....

And then provide us with some examples of why The Proud Boys fit that definition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2022, 04:38 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yes...it was my post.

So....since you're so hot on throwing that term around....

Why don't you give us your definition of "white nationalist" ....

And then provide us with some examples of why The Proud Boys fit that definition.
I was answering YOU talking about white nationalists, I didn't bring it up. Since you did and you specifically said white, what is your definition?

Old 07-12-2022, 04:43 PM

Quote:
I was answering YOU talking about white nationalists, I didn't bring it up. Since you did and you specifically said white, what is your definition?
Oh no you don't

The Democrats invented the term as a pejorative to try to paint anyone who disagrees with unbridled illegal immigration and believes in America first social and economic policies as a racist, akin to the skinheads or the KKK.

Nationalism and populism have nothing to do with that.

So....

Why don't YOU give us your definition of white nationalist and provide some examples of how the Proud Boys fit that definition?.

Old 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Oh no you don't

The Democrats invented the term as a pejorative to try to paint anyone who disagrees with unbridled illegal immigration and believes in America first social and economic policies as a racist, akin to the skinheads or the KKK.

Nationalism and populism have nothing to do with that.

So....

Why don't YOU give us your definition of white nationalist and provide some examples of how the Proud Boys fit that definition?.
What??? Bob. YOU used the term. I answered you in kind. YOU made the whole claim, now you're claiming Democrats say it...and demanding that I give my definition for your claim? You doing ok over there, dude?

Old 07-12-2022, 06:24 PM

Quote:
What??? Bob. YOU used the term. I answered you in kind. YOU made the whole claim, now you're claiming Democrats say it...and demanding that I give my definition for your claim? You doing ok over there, dude?

I was responding to someone else who used it, then you said that Dems DON'T consider anyone who opposes them white nationalists.

So it must mean something to YOU.

Democrats invented the term.

It means nothing to me.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBoy1996 View Post
"According to Merriam-Webster, the first documented use of the term "white nationalist" was 1951, to refer to a member of a militant group which espouses white supremacy and racial segregation.[16] Merriam-Webster also notes usage of the two-word phrase as early as 1925.[17] According to Daryl Johnson, a former counterterrorism expert at the Department of Homeland Security, the term was used to appear more credible while also avoiding negative stereotypes about white supremacists.[11] Modern members of racist organizations such as the Ku Klux Klan generally favor the term and avoid self-describing as white supremacist.[18]"

-Wikipedia

Does not say anything about Democrats inventing the term whatsoever.
That's interesting. Thank you.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:30 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,567,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
I don't recall the BLM movement storming our Capital. Perhaps i am misremembering, but i think i have the correct group.

The first definition of "Proud Boys which comes up when i do a search, is:

The Proud Boys is an American far-right, neo-fascist, and exclusively male organization that promotes and engages in political violence in the United States.

These are the guys (men only per organization rules) whose leader i think is still in jail for seditionism against the US. Many of his followers have been, or will be, subject to attacking or subverting our freedoms. By my book, that is an attempt to overthrow our Democratic Government.
Maybe these folks who want to strut around with weapons should just join the real military! They are just hateful people. This isn't what America is suppose to be like.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:37 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Heaven forbid teachers and administrators stick to things they know about (hopefully) such as teaching math and the sciences and not push politics which most parents think less of their opinion than the toilet paper we just used today.

Teachers, no one values your political opinions. Shut it!
Yes that’s why we need DeSantis to hire a Christian university to set standards, so we avoid politics.

Last edited by Goodnight; 07-12-2022 at 07:50 PM..

Old 07-12-2022, 08:06 PM

23,641 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Well you say she shouldn’t mention it. Now she should mention it.
Get your opinion straight.
Wtf are you talking about? I said nothing about 'she should have' or 'shouldn't have'. You're making things up, again.

Quote:
So which is it. Should she say she supports planned parenthood? Not according to the poster I was responding to- only reading, writing and math.
So confusing with hypocrisy.
Should you reveal every charity you’ve given to in the last year? The last 5 years? Or should you stay quiet and only discuss matters of education.
Should you say if you go to church or believe in god?
Apparently, she didn't simply support PP nor just donate to them, "charity", she worked for/with them.

Obviously, you didn't read either the story or my post.

Old 07-12-2022, 08:19 PM

23,641 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Quote:
"White Nationalist" = Anyone who disagrees with a Democrat.
Quote:
No, a white nationalist is a white nationalist.

We don't claim everyone in the GOP is a white nationalist the way righties claim every Democrat is fist-pumping with "Antifa."
Quote:
I was commenting specifically on a post talking about white nationalists, but nice try.
uh huh, sure. So apparently to you, and others on the left, an afro-cuban is a white supremacist/nationalist.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/08/2...rio-ethnicity/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies