Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 06:37 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Extremism from both parties is on the rise. It's like the whole point is to be reactionary, to be so contrarian it boggles the mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2022, 06:40 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryfreak View Post
My home state but also one I would never live in again. I am a life long conservative but also a moderate who is willing to listen to all sides. Florida has lost touch with reality every bit as much as California has. The Florida Man stories keep coming and the politicians continue to create such incredible blunders to the point they embarrass their party (both sides) and bring disgrace to the state. I feel for the remaining family members that still live there.
I am trying to figure out where this extremism in Florida is coming from. The Florida man stories, I'm over that. However, the political extremism, it's going to ruin things. Same thing with California.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:23 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,967,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You obviously have never seen the proud boys in action. You have a really different idea of them then reality. Theyre a bunch of violent idiots.
Show us some footage please. I've heard all about these "Proud Boys" for a long time now.

Let's see some arson, killing, lynching....anything?

Surely in today's day and age, there's tons of camera phone footage of them wreaking havoc all over the country.

Could you provide it? Also maybe provide a manifesto to explain to us lay people about who they are and what their mission is.

Thanks.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:24 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,583 times
The school board has no business getting political by calling out the “Proud Boys” of which some of their kids parents may be members. Stay in your lane, math, science, language.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:25 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,967,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
It's ok folks, you can oppose BLM and the Proud Boys at the same time. All you have to do is dislike intentionally misdirected/confused fear and anger. Unfortunately, this here boat runs on fear-fuel.
I dislike any group that commits political violence, burns down innocent peoples' businesses, takes "autonomous zones" and shoots people who try to enter, loots or steals other peoples' property, murders people, throws molotov cocktails, etc. etc. etc.

Problem is, THERE'S NO FOOTAGE OF THE "PROUD BOYS" DOING THAT!

There is, however, miles of footage of BLM/Antifa doing that.

I'll condemn the hell out of "Proud Boys" who do this. JUST SHOW ME AN EXAMPLE!

Old 07-12-2022, 08:10 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
The school board has no business getting political by calling out the “Proud Boys” of which some of their kids parents may be members. Stay in your lane, math, science, language.
Instead call out someone for supporting a legal and highly lauded nonprofit that has helped millions of women around the world for many generations- planned parenthood. The ultimate betrayal of someone who serves on a school board- how dare they be so bold (sarcasm). They might even contribute to the aclu - heaven forbid.

Old 07-12-2022, 08:26 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,083,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Show us some footage please. I've heard all about these "Proud Boys" for a long time now.

Let's see some arson, killing, lynching....anything?

Surely in today's day and age, there's tons of camera phone footage of them wreaking havoc all over the country.

Could you provide it? Also maybe provide a manifesto to explain to us lay people about who they are and what their mission is.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I dislike any group that commits political violence, burns down innocent peoples' businesses, takes "autonomous zones" and shoots people who try to enter, loots or steals other peoples' property, murders people, throws molotov cocktails, etc. etc. etc.

Problem is, THERE'S NO FOOTAGE OF THE "PROUD BOYS" DOING THAT!

There is, however, miles of footage of BLM/Antifa doing that.

I'll condemn the hell out of "Proud Boys" who do this. JUST SHOW ME AN EXAMPLE!

Y'all have a TV, or internet access?

Tune in today, Tuesday, July 12 at 1 pm EST and you will get your fill of Proud Boys (and other extreme right groups).

That should satisfy your need to learn about a group who would burn our Nation to the ground so it could be "better".

Old 07-12-2022, 09:05 AM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Y'all have a TV, or internet access?

Tune in today, Tuesday, July 12 at 1 pm EST and you will get your fill of Proud Boys (and other extreme right groups).
I know there was some documentary about " The rise of White Supremacy" awhile ago. Is this a re-run? Or do they get the privilege of a brand new one?

Where are the NBC specials about the riots and antifa? Fair and balanced, yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
That should satisfy your need to learn about a group who would burn our Nation to the ground so it could be "better".
Are you speaking metaphorically? Because we had 'other' groups literally Burning streets and businesses so it could be 'worse'. Like,..a lot of those.

Old 07-12-2022, 10:07 AM

23,630 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
" an extremist group that promotes white nationalist views"

A Cuban is one of the leaders and he's a white nationalist?
"White" nationalist?
There are many different colors in this country, not only "whites" can be nationalists.

na·tion·al·ist
[ˈnaSH(ə)nələst]

NOUN
1. a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations:

Last edited by berdee; 07-12-2022 at 10:42 AM..

Old 07-12-2022, 10:22 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
"White Nationalist" = Anyone who disagrees with a Democrat.
No, a white nationalist is a white nationalist.

We don't claim everyone in the GOP is a white nationalist the way righties claim every Democrat is fist-pumping with "Antifa."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies