Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 11:36 PM

23,848 posts, read 12,693,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbKuntiee16 View Post
No, we’re talking about a far-right neo-fascist group, one which Canada and New Zealand have both designated a far-right terrorist organization.
Lol, Canada and New Zealand. I didn't realize that you think this country is the United States of CanadaNewZealand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2022, 01:21 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 16 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,608,691 times
The Proud Boys are good citizens in the same way the KKK or Citizens Councils are (now Council of Conservative Citizens). The same goes for The Oath Keepers and probably the 3%ers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Lol, Canada and New Zealand. I didn't realize that you think this country is the United States of CanadaNewZealand.
The USA has no monopoly power on defining freedom, criminal organizations, or human rights.

It's not like Canada and New Zealand are Russia, China, Iran, etc.. When nations like Canada and New Zealand deem an American organization with a track record of xenophobia ("West is Best!") backed up with violence as a terror organization - America would be wise to treat their claims seriously, and wonder if we ought to follow those two nations' leads.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:52 AM

37,155 posts, read 42,286,403 times
I don't even know who proud boys are. except for the occasional Fed who goes "undercover" (yeah right). Gotta love the emotion whipped up for a bunch of guys who stand around in khakis.

Old 07-12-2022, 03:19 AM

491 posts, read 398,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't think I would want to live in Florida.
My home state but also one I would never live in again. I am a life long conservative but also a moderate who is willing to listen to all sides. Florida has lost touch with reality every bit as much as California has. The Florida Man stories keep coming and the politicians continue to create such incredible blunders to the point they embarrass their party (both sides) and bring disgrace to the state. I feel for the remaining family members that still live there.

Old 07-12-2022, 04:48 AM

18,472 posts, read 7,114,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
I don't recall the BLM movement storming our Capital. Perhaps i am misremembering, but i think i have the correct group.

The first definition of "Proud Boys which comes up when i do a search, is:

The Proud Boys is an American far-right, neo-fascist, and exclusively male organization that promotes and engages in political violence in the United States.

These are the guys (men only per organization rules) whose leader i think is still in jail for seditionism against the US. Many of his followers have been, or will be, subject to attacking or subverting our freedoms. By my book, that is an attempt to overthrow our Democratic Government.

Americans have a constitutional right to protest the government.

They DON'T have a constitutional right to Burn-Loot-Murder for MONTHS, destroying businesses and killing people who had NOTHING to do with the death of George Floyd. (What they were supposedly"protesting").

Old 07-12-2022, 04:58 AM

1,435 posts, read 768,567 times
The Sarasota Herald Tribune has retracted their editorial.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/..._HeraldTribune

Old 07-12-2022, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
When people laud BLM it's because black lives do matter.

I don't see people lauding the violence, which could be anybody, but which conservatives automatically decide are BLM, Antifa or both.

Antifa could be more likely, in cases where it is proven any were actually there. They're extremists, like Proud Boys. But when people just throw out there that any violence with black people in the vicinity HAD to be BLM, Antifa or both, it loses its punch after a while. I think conservatives have overplayed that hand.

If BLM really thinks that black lives matter..... they have a funny way of showing it.

Considering that most of the communities that they destroyed and innocent lives they took were minorities.

Killing your own people is kind of an odd way to protest them being killed..... don't you think?

Old 07-12-2022, 05:58 AM

37,971 posts, read 17,913,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
The Sarasota Herald Tribune has retracted their editorial.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/..._HeraldTribune
" an extremist group that promotes white nationalist views"

A Cuban is one of the leaders and he's a white nationalist?

Old 07-12-2022, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
" an extremist group that promotes white nationalist views"

A Cuban is one of the leaders and he's a white nationalist?

"White Nationalist" = Anyone who disagrees with a Democrat.

Old 07-12-2022, 06:14 AM

57,408 posts, read 26,334,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't even know who proud boys are. except for the occasional Fed who goes "undercover" (yeah right). Gotta love the emotion whipped up for a bunch of guys who stand around in khakis.
Then you missed Trump's statement in the debate not to mention the Jan 6 hearing.

“Proud Boys, stand back and stand by, but I’ll tell you what, somebody’s gotta do something about antifa and the left, because this is not a right-wing problem, this is a left-wing problem.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies