Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 07:18 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,003,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
no I am not rambling...

the FACT is the access to ALL medications (and medical devises) should be legal within the USA... yet liberals are concentrating in one very tiny aspect of the medical field....

to list a certain medication as a "right", is not within the aspects of fairness..... so if liberals are supposed to be the compassionate ones, then why not fight for the fair/equal thing....ALL MEDICATIONS

so are liberals the fair-minded compassionate party....or are they the biased unfair, unequal party???
As much as I don't believe your outrage at all, or agree with your logic, I'm glad that you think this law doesn't go nearly as far enough to protect medication access for all

Old 07-24-2022, 07:43 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Maybe we need a law to allow people the right to all medicines that have passed FDA approval for safety and efficacy. Maybe we need a law that prevents states from meddling in all medical issues.
uhm...that IS what the FDA is for

states do NOT have the power to over-ride the FDA

Old 07-24-2022, 07:49 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
As much as I don't believe your outrage at all, or agree with your logic, I'm glad that you think this law doesn't go nearly as far enough to protect medication access for all
ok...you get it...

that's what I have been saying since this thread started.... it is stupid for a bill to declare a right for one type of medicine, as opposed to ALL

the problem (imo) is that liberals think that you have to declare something a right...even though that thing is NOT addressed in our constitution.... it seems the left WANTS to have an ALL POWERFUL federal government, but they don't understand the consequences, of a super big/powerful federal government..... all those monies/books that have shown a dystopia ....came with BIG government

this goes back to the beginning of this country

you had people like Hamilton (a federalist) who wanted BIG government, and a POTUS that was a life time appointment.... and then you had Jefferson (a democratic Republican) who wanted a small efficient government

Old 07-25-2022, 05:14 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You can't possibly be that ill-informed. You see... there's a Constitutional Right we all have to keep and bear arms that supposedly "shall not be infringed," yet states have restricted that right, anyway. The same can happen to any perceived "right." Gun control laws have already established the precedent that state legislatures can regulate and restrict rights as they see fit.
Quote:
We are not talking about guns in this thread. We are also not talking about issues that are spelled out in the Constitution.

We ARE talking about a potential law to keep birth control meds and products available nationwide. A federal law always takes precedence over local laws.
Yep that's where for this the ACA law comes in --- why do the Dems insist on revisiting their old law? I smell skunk.

It's good press though, I'll give 'em that. This bill comes with funding; that's why they are revisiting an old law that says the same thing the first one says. Your medical provider is in control of what you can and can not be prescribed.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:18 AM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
What are you babbling about? Any medical device, medication or procedure that is not available under your specific health insurance plan can be purchased on your own. And you can change to a different health plan that better suits your needs during open enrollment season.

As to what states are planning to do... look at the state fallout when Roe v Wade went down.
Exactly. NO state banned abortion despite the left insisting they would. NONE.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:20 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Do people not like their States to have their rights? Can't stand it ... Dems have control under the ACA of what you can and can not have medically. What more do they want? Money. If you really want to see who is and who isn't banning BC, you may want to revisit the ACA laws. If it is not there, then you can not have it, nor can it be provided for you unless through your healthcare provider and insurance coverage.

Stop trying to say States are doing something they are not doing, or have any intention of ever doing in the future --- we know this because 'we the people' vote in State elections.
Quote:
What are you babbling about? Any medical device, medication or procedure that is not available under your specific health insurance plan can be purchased on your own. And you can change to a different health plan that better suits your needs during open enrollment season.

As to what states are planning to do... look at the state fallout when Roe v Wade went down.
Got a governor press conference that we missed somewhere? And I stand by what I said, ACA has this covered, wth?

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 07-25-2022 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: add link to bill in question

Old 07-25-2022, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Republicans seek to outlaw both abortion and contraception? Don't they actually not see that with more contraception there's fewer abortions? Or that with fewer contraceptives there'll be more abortions?
Yes, which is why 84% of Republican voters OPPOSE restrictions on contraception.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:28 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think some of this stuff gets lost in the finer details about what is federal vs state and a few other things along those lines.

The country was designed around the idea of states rights first with a more limited federal approach, as I understand it.
But then people in New York wouldn't get to tell people in Montana what to do, and that would just be unbearable.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I can't believe there are still lefties out there who think Handmaid's Tale references are profound and clever. lol
They're functionally illiterate. I've explained it to them but they STILL fail to realize that all their THT allusions do is point out to us ALL that women (and their sex partners) are VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex and getting pregnant, by their own admission, even though they claim they don't want a baby. They're doing this to themselves. Intentionally. How stupid is that?

It's about as stupid as their prancing around with baby dolls in protest after the Dobbs decision was leaked, reminding us all quite vividly that abortion kills babies.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:47 AM

Another anonymous "rep" message to me on my post that lefties relish massacring 930,000 babies/year: "BS. They relish letting women CHOOSE."

Oh, really? About half of those 930,000 babies killed by abortion each year are female. Where was THEIR choice? Did they CHOOSE to die? Did ANY of those babies CHOOSE to die?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies