Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2022, 03:18 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
1. When he said that, the prediction was that SARS-CoV-2 would behave like SARS and MERS, there were few cases in the US, and that isolation and quarantine would control it. Unfortunately the virus did not act like SARS and MERS. Also, right off the bat someone escaped from quarantine, which turned out to be a demonstration of how illiterate about infection control a large segment of the US population is.

2. At that time the extent of airborne spread had not been determined. He said to reserve masks, which were in short supply, for healthcare workers, you know, those people who were taking care of virus laden patients.

Funny how hindsight is 100% accurate. It would be wonderful to be able to bet on the results of the Super Bowl two years after it had been played.
Hindsight? I and many others on this very forum were telling you and others like you that you were wrong in real time back when the pandemic was occurring.

I knew from Day One that masking was useless and would do nothing to stop the spread of an aerosolized virus. Why? Because I have read the dozens of scientific articles that had already been published on that very topic. The mitigation crowd ignored all of that data and research.

Also, I knew forcing people to shut down their businesses would cause more damage in the long run than benefit in the short run. Same with school closures. I argued those positions contemporaneously and did not need to benefit of hindsight.

Amazingly, even with the benefit of hindsight, the people who championed those provably wrong positions ****still**** refuse to admit they were wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2022, 03:19 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
We all know exactly what you think on these issues...
No you do not. I do not think you can read my mind.

Old 09-06-2022, 03:22 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
No you do not. I do not think you can read my mind.
I don't need to read your mind. I've read your posts for 2 years on this forum. Never once have you questioned a single thing the CDC or any Democrat has ever done with regard to our "public health" response to the pandemic.

If you have been critical of the CDC, Dr. Fauci, any Democrat politician, or anyone else supporting draconian mitigation measures, I don't recall such a post. I do recall that generally speaking, you were always here defending whatever the CDC was telling us to do, whether it was wear a mask, get a vaccine, shut down schools, or stay at home.

I'm pretty sure I am not confusing you with someone else on this forum.

Old 09-06-2022, 03:22 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,400,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
"dropping to the levels from two decades ago"

So...we Made America Great Again?
I guess it means the kids are still better at math and reading than anybody over 40 was at the same age.

Old 09-06-2022, 03:24 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
I guess it means the kids are still better at math and reading than anybody over 40 was at the same age.
Yeah..I actually looked up how the US did 20 years ago on PISA compared to 2018 (pre-pandemic).
Boy did we sink.....

We should be celebrating if they have made that much progress in 2 years.

Old 09-06-2022, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Hindsight? I and many others on this very forum were telling you and others like you that you were wrong in real time back when the pandemic was occurring.

I knew from Day One that masking was useless and would do nothing to stop the spread of an aerosolized virus. Why? Because I have read the dozens of scientific articles that had already been published on that very topic. The mitigation crowd ignored all of that data and research.

Also, I knew forcing people to shut down their businesses would cause more damage in the long run than benefit in the short run. Same with school closures. I argued those positions contemporaneously and did not need to benefit of hindsight.

Amazingly, even with the benefit of hindsight, the people who championed those provably wrong positions ****still**** refuse to admit they were wrong.
What was I wrong about? I made no comments on business and school closures.

Masks do help reduce the amount of virus in the air. Reduce, not eliminate. They are not useless.

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2014564118

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2119266119

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abg6296

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2776536

Old 09-06-2022, 03:33 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
When you use phrases like "refuse to comply" ...

Quote:
Who was locked in a house and not allowed to leave? How many who were advised to stay home did not? How many refused to comply with masking when they did go out? How many went out, even getting on airplanes, when they knew they were infected? China locked people in their homes and delivered food. That is a lockdown.

Quote:

No I do not. I can choose to have no opinion.
I know that you probably have an opinion and it's pro lockdown.

No reason to be upset about it. We can all have different opinions.

Old 09-06-2022, 03:34 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
I don't need to read your mind. I've read your posts for 2 years on this forum. Never once have you questioned a single thing the CDC or any Democrat has ever done with regard to our "public health" response to the pandemic.

If you have been critical of the CDC, Dr. Fauci, any Democrat politician, or anyone else supporting draconian mitigation measures, I don't recall such a post. I do recall that generally speaking, you were always here defending whatever the CDC was telling us to do, whether it was wear a mask, get a vaccine, shut down schools, or stay at home.

You're not. Your post is pretty accurate.

Old 09-06-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:

I have not supported or criticized the politicians. I have not supported or criticized school closures.

I have and still do support the vaccines.

I have not criticized Dr. Fauci because I have not found anything to criticize. The criticism directed at him by posters here on CD has been nasty and childish, starting with misspelling his name..

Old 09-06-2022, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
Did you say teachers shouldn't have to go in-person until they got fully-vaxxed? Because we all do know that the vaccines you definitely promoted far and wide.
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies