Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2022, 12:13 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
It's you who failed to understand that the virus would mutuate.

Posters like you said the vaccine was almost 100%, that boosters may not even be required, that if you got vaccinated the vast majority wouldn't contract nor transmit covid, that breakthrough infections were exceedingly rare and on and on.
All viruses mutate. Please link to any post where I have said otherwise.

That was initially true, then the virus did mutate and throw a monkey wrench into the situation. Do you really not understand that?

The possible need for boosters was discussed even before the vaccines were released.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 12:15 PM

9,744 posts, read 11,167,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Thanks to "logic" like yours, the Biden administration is **still** forcing 2-year old toddlers enrolled in Head Start to wear masks all day long, as of today:

Link: https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022...dstart-n494881

Congratulations on succeeding in forcing 2-year olds to wear a mask all day long. Maybe you should back off with your disinformation at some point soon.
Me? My logic says no masks for 2-year-olds. Duh! Next time, ask me versus trying to pin a stupid idea that I would never support. To be clearer, whoever had that idea should be fired! In 2022, I'm not wearing a mask. The current version doesn't warrant it.

Let's break down some logic: yes no answers please:

1. Does a higher viral load increase the chances of getting COVID?
2. Does outdoor air reduce the viral load and chances of getting COVID?
3. If you breathe in someone's spit particles, does that increase the odds of having a higher viral load?
4. If you are farther away from someone, does it drop the probability of getting a higher viral load?

5. And here is the big one, if I put a well-fitted mask on my face with good filtration to larger particles, do you think that reduces the viral load?

Old 09-07-2022, 12:24 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
All viruses mutate. Please link to any post where I have said otherwise.

That was initially true, then the virus did mutate and throw a monkey wrench into the situation. Do you really not understand that?

The possible need for boosters was discussed even before the vaccines were released.
You thought the vaccines were miraculous and would stop people from getting and transmitting covid.

That's what you thought.

You were wrong.

Old 09-07-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
lmao

Posters here said that the vaccines were so wonderous that boosters may not even be necessary - and if they were, it wouldn't be for a long time. Those posters weren't me.

Posters here said that the vaccinated wouldn't contract nor transmit covid. Those posters weren't me.

Posters here said that breakthrough infections would be exceedingly rare. Those posters weren't me.

I never said that the vaccines would work and they would work long term. That wasn't me either.
I didn't ask that. I asked "Are you suggesting that you knew early on boosters were needed and that the vaccinated wouldn't contract nor transmit COVID, and those breakthrough infections wouldn't happen? If so, impressive!"

So you did not predict any of the above statements. And, you have yet to show Suzy posted those statements.

The next question is, show me a technical expert who predicted those ^^ bullets. I read a solid 100+ papers. Not a sole stated what you posted. No scientist worthy would have. Most were guessing the antibodies would last around a year.

For whatever reason, you are trying to put people in a box while you are patting yourself on the back. You didn't predict a thing. And how could you? Neither one of us study this topic for a living. We all watched it unravel along the way.

Old 09-07-2022, 12:30 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
So that we don't modify history too much, let's go back in time.

THE best thing that ever happened with COVID was when it mutated with a cold virus https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...us-2021-12-03/ . Because of it, it became the Omicron variant. It was much more transmissible and multiple times milder. It was much less mild because the Omicron/cold variant reproduces up to 70 times faster in the upper respiratory tract, while at the same time being much slower to reproduce in lung tissue. So the virus is more easily transmitted. For most, it's mild (between a cold and mild grade flu).

Contrast with people were dropping like flies, getting long COVID with more severe symptoms, and people were overwhelming our hospitals. On a personal level, my non-vaxxed naysayer brother got the pre-Omicron variant. He ended up in the hospital and out of work for 4 months. It was touch-and-go for a while. I can go one with another dozen stories. Our ER doc son saw the initial rounds of COVID up and personal as he was overwhelmed and overworked. Once the vaccine was out and available to everyone, that changed the math and strategy and I posted accordingly. Therefore, many of the restrictions should have been lifted post vaccine release. And especially once Omicron was set in motion.

Early on, quality, well-fitted masks worked! No, not 100%. It's always been about the total viral load. Yet some people with a political bent were busy convincing themselves that they don't help, the vaccine was more harmful than it was (and YES, there were real side effects).

It was a matter of time before an antiviral cocktail actually worked. No, not hydroxychloroquine. Rather Paxcovid. For me, it was always about waiting out the storm. And the storm has long passed. Currently, it's a nothing burger for 99.9% of the people walking the planet. Initially, it was a big deal for a lot of people (of course not everyone). And certainly, healthy children had nothing to worry about. But maybe not so much for their adult family.

I think parents had the right to make their own decisions. And without question, some school districts were out of line with their lockdowns. While masks work (don't be dumb and parrot your political views), but obviously kids being in the same room all day long makes the benefit of wearing a mask semi-meaningless. I digress. But for whatever reason, some people cannot wrap their heads around when something helps and is a waste of time. It's all or nothing in their brain.
Define high the quality masks that you claim worked really well early on. That’s when everyone was wearing cloth. They didn’t work then and don’t work now.

Old 09-07-2022, 12:32 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
I didn't ask that. I asked "Are you suggesting that you knew early on boosters were needed and that the vaccinated wouldn't contract nor transmit COVID, and those breakthrough infections wouldn't happen? If so, impressive!"

So you did not predict any of the above statements. And, you have yet to show Suzy posted those statements.

The next question is, show me a technical expert who predicted those ^^ bullets. I read a solid 100+ papers. Not a sole stated what you posted. No scientist worthy would have. Most were guessing the antibodies would last around a year.

For whatever reason, you are trying to put people in a box while you are patting yourself on the back. You didn't predict a thing. And how could you? Neither one of us study this topic for a living. We all watched it unravel along the way.

And I answered you and said other posters said that. Not me.

Suzy (and other posters) has said that if (big IF) boosters were needed it most likely wouldn't be for a long time.

Suzy has said, along with our doofus president & Fauci, that if you got vaccinated, you wouldn't get or transmit covid.

Suzy has said that breakthrough infections were exceedingly rare.

Old 09-07-2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
IF a viral load is reduced, then they DO WORK! It's really really REALLY basic. If it stops people from breathing in a piece of spit (a BIG viral load), guess what, it works (a.k.a. helps)! Please, think before you type. Did you notice I didn't say it "prevents" it? This doesn't need to be political.

If we all got COVID from breathing in a particle or 1000 of them, all of us would get it immediately. I have been breathing the virus for MONTHS and dodged it. Hell, I dodged it at the same party as my wife. I would say, they "don't work" in a school environment. But that is because it's a matter of time before you have plenty of viral load. Especially with kids wearing them 1/2 way down their faces. Duration matters. Proximity matters. Fresh air matters. They all influence the total load. Including a face diaper. Why is this so tough to grasp?
They don’t work

Old 09-07-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
They don’t work
I'd like you to take this short quiz too.

Yes no answers to each question please:

3. If you breathe in someone's spit particles, does that increase the odds of having a higher viral load?
4. If you are farther away from someone, does it drop the probability of getting a higher viral load?

5. And here is the big one, if I put a well-fitted mask on my face with good filtration to larger particles, do you think that reduces the viral load?

Old 09-07-2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:
I'd like you to take this short quiz too.

Yes no answers to each question please:

I’d like you to use some common sense but if not, you really should read the body of scientific evidence regarding cloth and surgical masks. Not models but actual studies. Cloth masks cannot and do not stop covid viral particles.

No one was wearing well fitted high quality masks with filtration until recently. We were actually told not to wear those masks.

Old 09-07-2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
And I answered you and said other posters said that. Not me.

Suzy (and other posters) has said that if (big IF) boosters were needed it most likely wouldn't be for a long time.

Suzy has said, along with our doofus president & Fauci, that if you got vaccinated, you wouldn't get or transmit covid.

Suzy has said that breakthrough infections were exceedingly rare.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I hear you putting words in people's mouths. Can we get an actual quote or two as to what Suzy said? Then I can pile on too.

I would have remembered her posting that nonsense. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Go find some of her posts.

I think Fauci was a media hog and did himself a disservice (and yea, I posted long ago too). But he is an expert on this topic. Not Chuckity or MBNR. If he said it (find it please) I bet he meant that if you get vaccinated, the process or getting the shot won't make you get the virus and therefore, transmit it.

I guarantee that Fauci knew that a vaccine may need to be reworked. And by definition, getting an old generation of a vaccine will produce antibodies that are no longer relevant. To say otherwise would insult someone's most basic understanding of a vaccine. While you might despise him, there is no GD way he is that stupid. If you think about it, you have to know that too. So why suggest it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies