Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2022, 12:50 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
And I answered you and said other posters said that. Not me.

Suzy (and other posters) has said that if (big IF) boosters were needed it most likely wouldn't be for a long time.

Suzy has said, along with our doofus president & Fauci, that if you got vaccinated, you wouldn't get or transmit covid.

Suzy has said that breakthrough infections were exceedingly rare.
Please either cite the posts where I said those things or stop trying to put words into my mouth.

No one has said "if boosters were needed it most likely wouldn't be for a long time." What was said is that whether boosters would be needed was unknown and could only be determined with the passage of time.

Suzy never said that if you get vaccinated you "wouldn't get or transmit covid." She has said the risk of doing so is reduced.

Initially breakthrough infections were rare. They became more common as the virus mutated and protection from the vaccines waned. Suzy has never denied that protection from the vaccines wanes. Boosters do reduce breakthrough infections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 12:50 PM

9,744 posts, read 11,165,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’d like you to use some common sense but if not, you really should read the body of scientific evidence regarding cloth and surgical masks. Not models but actual studies. Cloth masks cannot and do not stop covid viral particles.

No one was wearing well fitted high quality masks with filtration until recently. We were actually told not to wear those masks.
Soooo. You don't want to answer those questions. I know why.

Quote:
I’d like you to use some common sense but if not, you really should read the body of scientific evidence regarding cloth and surgical masks. Not models but actual studies. Cloth masks cannot and do not stop covid viral particles.
Duh! If you answer my questions, you can see where I'm going with it.

Old 09-07-2022, 12:57 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Soooo. You don't want to answer those questions. I know why.
You didn’t answer mine but expect me to answer yours?

Your questions are childish because we already know that cloth masks don’t work and that they never worked.. We knew this pre covid because we already had evidence that they did not work for flu and since covid viral particles are even smaller we knew that they would not work for covid either.

In spite of this evidence people believed in propaganda, computer generated models and memes and insisted that everyone who actually read the studies on masks was stupid.

Those of you who pushed masking, business closures and school closures are on the wrong side of history but most of you will never admit that you’re wrong.

Old 09-07-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Please either cite the posts where I said those things or stop trying to put words into my mouth.

No one has said "if boosters were needed it most likely wouldn't be for a long time." What was said is that whether boosters would be needed was unknown and could only be determined with the passage of time.

Suzy never said that if you get vaccinated you "wouldn't get or transmit covid." She has said the risk of doing so is reduced.

Initially breakthrough infections were rare. They became more common as the virus mutated and protection from the vaccines waned. Suzy has never denied that protection from the vaccines wanes. Boosters do reduce breakthrough infections.
Agreed ^^. And if you did, I would have challenged your POV.

Let's open it up to the entire world. Google "boosters will not be needed with COVID-19". Find me a fool who said that! I'm not sure a single person said that. Oh, other than you! lol

Old 09-07-2022, 12:58 PM

Quote:
You didn’t answer mine but expect me to answer yours?

Your questions are childish because we already know that cloth masks don’t work and that they never worked.. We knew this pre covid because we already had evidence that they did not work for flu and since covid viral particles are even smaller we knew that they would not work for covid either.

In spite of this evidence people believed in propaganda, computer generated models and memes and insisted that everyone who actually read the studies on masks was stupid.

Those of you who pushed masking, business closures and school closures are on the wrong side of history but most of you will never admit that you’re wrong.
You 1st (as in, I asked 1st). Come on. They are pretty easy to answer! If you do, you will have to admit it is all about the viral load, viral load, and viral load. And any technique that reduces viral load helps reduce (not eliminate) transmission.

Old 09-07-2022, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Agreed ^^. And if you did, I would have challenged your POV.

Let's open it up to the entire world. Google "boosters will not be needed with COVID-19". Find me a fool who said that! I'm not sure a single person said that. Oh, other than you! lol
Do you not remember the “one and done” slogan for the J&J vaccine. A lot of people including “the experts”didn’t think we would need boosters.

Old 09-07-2022, 01:01 PM

Quote:
You 1st (as in, I asked 1st). Come on. They are pretty easy to answer! If you do, you will have to admit it is all about viral load, viral load, and viral load.
No. I actually asked you a question first post 174. You ignored it.

I have no obligation to to answer your silly childish questions as you try desperately to ignore the scientific evidence on masks.

Old 09-07-2022, 01:03 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Do you not remember the “one and done” slogan for the J&J vaccine. A lot of people including “the experts”didn’t think we would need boosters.
Which experts didn't think we would need boosters?

November, 2020:

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...nation-2020-11

"We may still not know precisely how long immunity to the new coronavirus lasts, but researchers don't think it's forever.

'With human coronaviruses, you can get repeatedly infected — you're not immune for life, you're immune for some time,' Florian Krammer, a vaccinologist at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, told Business Insider.

'There's no reason to think this coronavirus will behave differently,' he added.

That means that even after coronavirus vaccines become available and get widely distributed, we'll likely need booster shots to stay protected over time."

Old 09-07-2022, 01:04 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I hear you putting words in people's mouths. Can we get an actual quote or two as to what Suzy said? Then I can pile on too.

I would have remembered her posting that nonsense. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Go find some of her posts.

I think Fauci was a media hog and did himself a disservice (and yea, I posted long ago too). But he is an expert on this topic. Not Chuckity or MBNR. If he said it (find it please) I bet he meant that if you get vaccinated, the process or getting the shot won't make you get the virus and therefore, transmit it.

I guarantee that Fauci knew that a vaccine may need to be reworked. And by definition, getting an old generation of a vaccine will produce antibodies that are no longer relevant. To say otherwise would insult someone's most basic understanding of a vaccine. While you might despise him, there is no GD way he is that stupid. If you think about it, you have to know that too. So why suggest it?

“It’s as simple as black and white. You’re vaccinated, you’re safe. You’re unvaccinated, you’re at risk. Simple as that,” says Dr. Anthony Fauci

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/f...k-115295301606

Quote:
“When you get vaccinated, you not only protect your own health and that of the family but also you contribute to the community health by preventing the spread of the virus throughout the community,” Fauci said. “In other words, you become a dead end to the virus. And when there are a lot of dead ends around, the virus is not going to go anywhere. And that’s when you get a point that you have a markedly diminished rate of infection in the community.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...e-coronavirus/

Old 09-07-2022, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
y'all know how can tell...

a. someone doesn't have children?
b. someone is unwilling to admit any error?
c. someone is such a climate culter they have to work it into every topic?
I’ve noticed that it was mostly people who either didn't have or they had adult kids really did not care one bit about what children and teens were going though. They brushed off the concerns about educational loss and mocked people who spoke up about the mental health impacts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies