Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2022, 06:39 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,517,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It's speculative at this point, but I'm skeptical that it would be the Biden administration since the same result is being accomplished through sanctions. My WAG would be a mercenary action in support of Ukraine.
Did you see the film of Biden saying he would take it down and basically don't worry about how?

Old 09-28-2022, 06:41 AM

7,368 posts, read 3,829,330 times
I don't know what happened, but for all we know, turning off the gas caused unintended consequences in the pipeline itself.

Old 09-28-2022, 06:45 AM

494 posts, read 286,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't think the US benefits per se. This can only drive the price of gas up for everyone. But do I think Joe Biden did it? I think the chances are very high.

Jesus, we are about to get hit with a Cat 4 hurricane (literally in my back yard, btw) and Biden is getting us into a nuclear war.
I agree. People obviously want this. The facts were all there yet they ignore them and keep voting these politicians into office. Blows my mind. So much of our country has been destroyed in the past two years. I can't imagine how we're going to survive two more years, if not longer..........

Old 09-28-2022, 06:45 AM

4,548 posts, read 2,274,607 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpgwksjir1I&t=2s

Old 09-28-2022, 06:49 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
This is bad folks. Biden is on camera stating the pipeline will be stopped at all costs and now there are confirmed US military aircraft in the area just prior to the explosion. Dopey Biden tried to commit the sabotage in international waters but the gas leaking into Denmark’s waters.

This is a disaster!

https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...pe-2022-09-27/
Whatever happened in the Baltic Sea had nothing to do with Airplanes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
sea planes don't go underwater
Correct, it was an underwater demolition of some sort. We don’t know “ Who”, but the “Why” is the better question.

2 Things of Note:

1). In June they held the BALTOPS 22 - Led by the US Navy.

BALTOPS 22: A Perfect Opportunity for Research and Resting New Technology - seapowermagazine

BALTIC SEA — A significant focus of BALTOPS every year is the demonstration of NATO mine hunting capabilities, and this year the U.S. Navy continues to use the exercise as an opportunity to test emerging technology, U.S. Naval Forces Europe-Africa Public Affairs said June 14.

In support of BALTOPS, U.S. Navy 6th Fleet partnered with U.S. Navy research and warfare centers to bring the latest advancements in unmanned underwater vehicle mine hunting technology to the Baltic Sea to demonstrate the vehicle’s effectiveness in operational scenarios.

Experimentation was conducted off the coast of Bornholm, Denmark, with participants from Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific, Naval Undersea Warfare Center Newport, and Mine Warfare Readiness and Effectiveness Measuring all under the direction of U.S. 6th Fleet Task Force 68.

At sea, ships conducted tactical maneuvering, anti-submarine warfare, live-fire training, mine countermeasures operations, and replenishments at sea. Scientists from five nations brought the latest advancements in unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV) mine hunting technology to the Baltic Sea to demonstrate the vehicle’s effectiveness in operational scenarios.

The BALTOPS Mine Counter Measure Task Group ventured throughout the Baltic region practicing ordnance location, exploitation, and disarming in critical maritime chokepoints.

2). The Baltic Pipe natural gas pipeline from Norway to Poland via Denmark and the Baltic Sea was inaugurated on Tuesday by the leaders of the three countries, who hailed the new gas link as a crucial move to reduce Europe’s dependence on Russian gas.

Baltic Natural Gas Pipeline Opens, Reducing Europe’s Dependence On Russia- 9/28/2022 oilprice.com

The Baltic Pipe project, running from the Norwegian sector of the North Sea, crossing Denmark from west to east, and landing in Poland via the Baltic Sea, will bring gas from Norway – a staunch ally of the EU and Western Europe’s largest oil and gas producer – to Poland, which has for years sought to wean itself off Russian energy.

The Baltic Pipe will be operational with partial capacity from October 1 and could accelerate full-capacity commissioning to the end of November instead of January 1, 2023, as planned, the Danish national transmission system operator Energinet said this weekend.

Old 09-28-2022, 06:55 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It's speculative at this point, but I'm skeptical that it would be the Biden administration since the same result is being accomplished through sanctions. My WAG would be a mercenary action in support of Ukraine.
The only people that definitely don't want it cut off would be the Euros getting that gas.

Otherwise, it puts the most pressure on Europe and hurts Russia a lot less.

So, I can see motivations for Ukraine, Russia or the US but also cons. *shrug*

Biggest winner in this would probably be China but I think they're just sitting back and watching the debacle mostly.

Old 09-28-2022, 07:00 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Does anyone else thing the timing is interesting? When a Cat 4 hurricane is hitting Florida and taking the focus away?

Old 09-28-2022, 07:14 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,072,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
All they have to do is shut it off. Blow up their own pipeline? Brilliant.
Yes....Russia blewup their own pipeline .....to blame USA and to scare Europe....

Old 09-28-2022, 07:32 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The only people that definitely don't want it cut off would be the Euros getting that gas.

Otherwise, it puts the most pressure on Europe and hurts Russia a lot less.

So, I can see motivations for Ukraine, Russia or the US but also cons. *shrug*

Biggest winner in this would probably be China but I think they're just sitting back and watching the debacle mostly.
well, reportedly they weren't getting any gas anyway.

Old 09-28-2022, 07:52 AM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Russia had no reason to do it. If they want to stop the flow of gas to Europe they can just shut off the spigot - they control it.

Logically, it almost has to be the US, either directly or "by providing support to" Ukraine.
I believe Russia is doing it so that they can insert propaganda and misinformation to make people think that the United States has done it. Let’s face it, the United States is run by a weak administration and is largely ineffective
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies