Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2022, 02:35 PM

15,584 posts, read 7,609,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
How so? Besides, this is a forum of flag waving. Do you think anyone on this forum is as outspoken about their philosophies/politics in "the real world" as they are here? As for me, very few, including my own extended family, know of my politics or social philosophies. I keep that to myself (unless specifically asked), just as I'm advocating here. I.E... I don't rub people's noses in my lifestyle or politics (as I said, unless specifically asked). And I expect the same courtesy from others, which I do get from others most of the time--the only time I don't tends to be from maniacal woke leftists.

I did have a Norwegian flag in the back window of my car some years ago. I scraped it off because some dimwit in the area accused a guy flying a Norwegian flag in his yard of flying a Confederate flag. I didn't want my car vandalized.
I can see some idiot complaining about a Swiss flag, since Switzerland is a confederation, but Norway? That's just ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 02:35 PM

21,380 posts, read 7,982,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Why do minorities ask for representation? It's an absolute mystery.
You are ignoring the question.

If a hockey player attacked the NFL for only having football games, what is your response?

That the NFL needs to represent hockey players because they are a minority.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:37 PM

11,413 posts, read 7,837,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Who ever said that the Hallmark Channel is for white, heterosexual, Christian Americans? I thought they were for everyone. For years they were criticized for not having black couples. Then not having LGBTQ couples. They got stuck in a rut, but I don't remember them ever saying they were just for white, heterosexual, Christian Americans. There are lots of other people out there who enjoy romances too. Why leave them out? As for Candace, her hypocrisy is really offensive to a lot of people and they let her know it.
I thought Hallmark was for making broke small town plaid shirt wearing guys feel like they have a real chance to steal girls from rich urban suit wearing guys?

Old 11-22-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
LGQTB is being forced down our throats and the throats of our children in school.They are no longer able to be children, without having to listen to drag queens, and have trans compete against them in sports. The girls are forced to share their bathrooms with boys....yes, they are boys.
Why shoud LGQTB speak for society, and rules in our schools. Maybe it is time the gay community have their own bathrooms and locker rooms, and read books, we would rather our children not see. Most of us are tired of having LGQTBXYZ forced down our throats.
So, you would be OK with LGBTQ people being forced back underground, beaten up for no reason by homophobic idiots, and generally treated like second class citizens? If there had been more tolerance in the past, the outcry wouldn't be as loud now.

Everything you say sounds exactly like the language used to justify treating Blacks and other minorities badly.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:43 PM

21,380 posts, read 7,982,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
I haven't followed the full frontal gay attack that is apparently taking place at Hallmark. I can only guess they want to appeal to a broader audience. It's all about money. Fox News itself celebrates the entire month of gay pride and has advertising on it with gay minority couples openly kissing. Is that under attack as well? Corporations try to maximize revenue, it's what the do.
It's already done. Hallmark has LBGTQ movies now.

And as a response to the attack on Christian based programming, another network was created. One of the higher ups at Hallmark, left Hallmark and started the new channel.

But the win wasn't enough for the LGBTQ, who successful changed an entire network.

They moved on ... and LGBTQ went after the NEW network also. Publicly attacking Candace Cameron Burre. Why? They got what they wanted from Hallmark. Celebrate the victory and call it a day. Nope.

LGBTQ is on the ATTACK. They are going after networks that already have a specific audience and demanding that the network change their programming/marketing/scripts/actors/etc.

Why are they trying to control all entertainment that is not targeted at them?

It's like going to a Chinese restaurant and demanding that they start serving pizza. They don't serve pizza, they serve Chinese food. If you want Chinese food, you go there. Because they want to provide Chinese food to people who want Chinese food.

If you don't want Chinese food, you go somewhere else.

5,044 posts, read 2,415,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

If a hockey player attacked the NFL for only having football games, what is your response?

That the NFL needs to represent hockey players because they are a minority.
The question you present is so insanely preposterous that any rational sane person is wondering how to even begin. I am sure if you are a hockey player and had the talent to do so you could play in the NFL.

47,022 posts, read 26,109,380 times
Quote:
The question is whether minorities should have representation. That is, of course, a matter of opinion. You've made yours clear.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Do they spend weeks discussing it in schools?

Where is the month of PRIDE?

Which major city has a PRIDE FEST for left handed people?

Also, how do I know which bakeries and florists cater to left handed people? Do they have a sticker to put in the window to signal their support of left handed people?
Schools used to beat the left handedness out of students.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:45 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,415,155 times
Quote:
It's already done. Hallmark has LBGTQ movies now.

And as a response to the attack on Christian based programming, another network was created. One of the higher ups at Hallmark, left Hallmark and started the new channel.

But the win wasn't enough for the LGBTQ, who successful changed an entire network.

They moved on ... and LGBTQ went after the NEW network also. Publicly attacking Candace Cameron Burre. Why? They got what they wanted from Hallmark. Celebrate the victory and call it a day. Nope.

LGBTQ is on the ATTACK. They are going after networks that already have a specific audience and demanding that the network change their programming/marketing/scripts/actors/etc.

Why are they trying to control all entertainment that is not targeted at them?

It's like going to a Chinese restaurant and demanding that they start serving pizza. They don't serve pizza, they serve Chinese food. If you want Chinese food, you go there. Because they want to provide Chinese food to people who want Chinese food.

If you don't want Chinese food, you go somewhere else.
I am not Chinese food nor am I a breakfast taco. A restaurant can serve what they want, it's a problem if you deny service to certain groups. I haven't encountered too many places that have problems with people coming in demanding cuisine they don't have.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:46 PM

42,002 posts, read 75,373,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
At least 10% of its state lawmakers identify publicly as LGBTQ, believed to be a first for any U.S. legislature.
And?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies