Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2022, 07:07 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

This is what I am seeing. We're in a battle of extremism. It is the woke versus the alt-right. The woke have their radical leftist agenda that they are trying to promote. And they are very dominant on places like Twitter and Facebook. The alt-right have their far-right/neo-fascist agenda they want to push. With Elon Musk at the helm, the alt-right sees this has their opportunity to go crazy and push their agenda. The woke sees this and many don't want to be on a platform where the alt-right are allowed. The alt-right doesn't want anyone less conservative than themselves on Twitter.

Kanye West is being treated by some, specifically the alt-right, as a victim of the woke. The reality is, Hitler was reprehensible, evil ,and genocidal. Anyone who praises Hitler is also evil, point blank. Freedom of speech doesn't protect you from social sanctions. West being banned from Twitter, not my problem. He deserved it.

Old 12-03-2022, 07:12 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Hate speech should not be censored. Period.

Old 12-03-2022, 07:15 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Not surprising with the layoffs and people leaving.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/02/tech/...ech/index.html
All the hate previously was directed toward conservatives.

Liberals are upset that they do not have a far left driven social media outlet anymore that uses censorship as a matter of course.

Liberal code word for "hate speech": Freedom of speech and anything that disagrees with far left political dogma.

Old 12-03-2022, 07:24 PM

27,567 posts, read 28,673,621 times
If CNN calls something hate speech, then it is most likely free speech they're railing against.

Old 12-03-2022, 07:25 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
This I believe ....

Elon was just asked why he bought Twitter. This was his answer:

"My biological neural net concluded it's important to buy Twitter. If Twitter was not bought and steered in a good direction it would be a danger for the future of civilization. And so that's why I bought it."

Old 12-03-2022, 07:33 PM

11,483 posts, read 6,002,443 times
"Hate Speech" is anything that Leftist professors, news anchors, government officials, Hollywood stars, school teachers, and music artists define it to be.

The Left has been using Political Correctness to control speech since 1992. If you control speech, you can control activity, and eventually control thought.

Old 12-03-2022, 07:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This I believe ....

"My biological neural net concluded it's important to buy Twitter. If Twitter was not bought and steered in a good direction it would be a danger for the future of civilization. And so that's why I bought it."
He believes he can save civilization -- ugh.

Old 12-03-2022, 07:38 PM

11,483 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This I believe ....

Musk did not choose to buy Twitter.

If you recall, Musk immediately bailed on purchasing Twitter as soon as he learned it was 50% bots. He was then threatened with a financially damaging lawsuit by Twitter CEO and Board, FORCING him to follow through and buy Twitter, realizing he had actually make a lucrative offer since Twitter turned out to be worth so much less than if would have been with 5% bots.

Musk did not want to buy Twitter. He was forced to do so.

His current treatment of Twitter and its staff can't be seen outside that context. Musk was the victim of a hostile takeover by Twitter. He did not want to buy it, and he is getting a measure of revenge as a result of that.

They pissed him off.

Elon Musk offers to end legal fight, pay $44 billion to buy Twitter

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy...to-buy-twitter

Old 12-03-2022, 07:41 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
What the Left generally considers to be "hate speech", conservatives usually call "free speech". The First Amendment is there to protect offensive speech you don't want to hear.

I sincerely doubt the OP can post a single example of this "hate speech" or that I would agree that it is hate speech. I am sure it is offensive. I read tons of offensive posts here on a daily basis that I would not identify as "hate speech".

Beyond that, the Leftist liars have been "crying wolf" for so long and spewing Democrat Party propaganda, I would never assume anything I read from them is true. I would have to go to the source to verify.
Musk himself posted a graph showing a huge spike in what his Twitter called hate speech.

Old 12-03-2022, 07:41 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Advertisers don't care about moderated forums. Advertisers only care how much a website is being utilized. YouTube has som horrible things from heavy profanity to graphic content. They don't ban it. They often carry a warning, but that is it.

Advertisers will treat Twitter in whatever manner is best for them. If a more open forum with less censorship increases genuine membership (not bots) and increases utilization, the advertisers will follow.

Companies don't moralize. They do whatever maximized their bottom line. They will pretend to moralize if that maximizes profits.
Advertisers are holding off on advertising at the moment, they don’t want to be connected if this heads south
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies