Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2022, 10:29 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times

Advertisements

This is classic laziness and parental enabling

When I was growing up, we had three options after high school: military, college, homelessness. Pick one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2022, 11:19 PM

10,876 posts, read 4,551,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/most-...150000193.html

"Mike Rowe warned Monday that the labor force participation rate is the most "chilling" economic metric, citing millions of "able-bodied men" who are not working or looking for jobs."

I honestly don't understand this. The argument down political lines usually goes something like this:

Red: They are getting money from the government. Covid relief is still ongoing, and people would prefer that over working. Its crippling the country.
Blue: Corporations are not paying people what they are entitled to and thus people aren't working for these deplorable places anymore.

The comments under the article are pretty much all over the place, with many loons. Reminding of a forum I know and love :-)

So which is true? maybe a mixture of both? I just have a hard time believing that people won't work and think they can make more from the government. Which I haven't seen. My brother can't work (medical). He gets $800 a month. Even in good times it doesn't let him live all too comfortably at all. Nor should he. He has a 1 bedroom apt in the a "low rent" help area. Has to work with community support often to get meals on wheels, recycled clothing, etc.

I don't know any able bodied/minded males that won't work. I'm sure they are out there though.

Thoughts?

well tom, a good tranche of those 7M men are HERE, posting alllll dang day. Its easy to spot them, there is not a woke cause they dont like. so just ASK them....

Old 12-06-2022, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefBlue9 View Post
We have more options today.
Yes, like instagram, onlyfans, and tiktok influencer. Good luck.

Old 12-07-2022, 01:17 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Why should people take a job that is not worth their time would you take that job? That does not make them lazy that makes them smart.

It’s smart to live with their parents until they’re 30 bc poor them can’t find a good job with their skillset or lack thereof? The point is they believe they are worth more than they really are.

Old 12-07-2022, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Paterson
Fiverr
Glass door
Twitch
Youtube

And it’s not exclusive to sex related content.

You also have graphic designers, programmers, 3d modelers, web developers, music producers, videographers, photographers, gamers, and various other content creators.
Most of which require a degree. Unless you plan to make less than minimal wage and hope you can get millions of follows/subscribers as your live in your mothers basement.

Again, good luck.

Old 12-07-2022, 01:19 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You are in the wrong century. Here in the 21st century women are considered actual, capable, thinking human beings who don't need a man to "lead" them anywhere. How about a partnership instead?
You should talk to people who have been successfully married for 20+ years and see what they think of your assessment. My husband leading me has nothing to do with my capabilities or smarts.

Men don’t want women who talk back and try to wear the pants and emasculate them constantly.

Old 12-07-2022, 01:22 AM

Quote:
That’s the most boomer answer ever.

I learned most of my skills from online. I’ve gone to school, but many of these skills can be self taught.

Your showing your age.
I can see why you aren't getting six figures now.

Good luck on that social media influencing.

Old 12-07-2022, 01:26 AM

Quote:
lol again, showing your age.

The world works differently now old man.

You don’t need a degree to be a pro. It’s the quality of your work.
Again, you're showing your income level.

It's time to move out of your parents basement kid. You're not the next onlyfans sensation.

Old 12-07-2022, 01:27 AM

3,169 posts, read 2,057,357 times
It's very simple. Men haven't prioritized their educations and skill development and many women have. Those women are more competitive for jobs in the modern era. Those men who previously would have been able to earn a decent living in past eras despite being of average or worse skills (due to widespread workplace discrimination against women and minorities), are less competitive in the job market. So many of them fall by the wayside as we're seeing. And that leads to the other issues with women and stability that inevitably follow.

Only solution is to demand more of men and hold them accountable from an early age. There are many men out here who think the world owes them something for some reason. The world doesn't owe you a thing, you need to get out there and get it. Rita, Sue, and Keisha are handling their business while you're sitting around complaining.

Old 12-07-2022, 03:20 AM

2,047 posts, read 859,139 times
Traditionally what motivates a man to exist in a higher state is women. All about the Nookie as it states in that song from a couple decades ago? Really is true. The problem is American women have become so undesirable that American men are no longer pursuing American women. For a plethora of reasons. I’m not gonna bore you with the details, if you follow the current trend you already know what I’m talking about. So man just aren’t motivated to make something of themselves to attract a woman. They don’t even want American women anymore. And as A result less and less men are motivated to push themselves to being the best they can which includes their career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies