Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2023, 02:41 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,040,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
And you got your medical degree where? And when did you examine the patient and look through all his records?

People had one time thought the earth was flat - conspiracy if someone said it was round.

Gore said in 2008 sea bordering cities would sink beneath the water and millions would die and ya'll believed it
Nobody here has seen his records.

And my words could not be truer.

Clapton did not say his doctor has said that the neuropathy was made worse by the vaccine.

Clapton THINKS it does -- that is feelings not fact.

He feels like it must be the vaccine.....

Nothing scientific about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 02:54 PM

19,432 posts, read 15,264,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Well that escalated quickly!

Where did anyone call him racist?

He's an old dude. He didn't take care of his body. Old dudes get sick. How is this news in the year 2023?
I think hotkarl was just trying to be preemptive.

Old 02-13-2023, 04:13 PM

20,073 posts, read 20,883,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nobody here has seen his records.

And my words could not be truer.

Clapton did not say his doctor has said that the neuropathy was made worse by the vaccine.

Clapton THINKS it does -- that is feelings not fact.

He feels like it must be the vaccine.....

Nothing scientific about that.
Aren’t we supposed to accept and embrace feelings now?
Last I heard hurting “feelings” was just as bad as bludgeoning someone over the head with a ceramic duck.

Old 02-13-2023, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I think hotkarl was just trying to be preemptive.
Oh no, that was actually a thing in the 70’s. He made some off the cuff remark about colors or something and it was like a big deal, even in the pre-woke/cancelling days.
So he made up for it starting in the 80’s by having a black backing band. Well, aside from that crazy looking bald white dude he had on percussion. So, he’s…raaaacissssss!!!!

Old 02-13-2023, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Oh no, that was actually a thing in the 70’s. He made some off the cuff remark about colors or something and it was like a big deal, even in the pre-woke/cancelling days.
So he made up for it starting in the 80’s by having a black backing band. Well, aside from that crazy looking bald white dude he had on percussion. So, he’s…raaaacissssss!!!!
Ohhh, okay. lol Actually, that almost sounds familiar.

Old 02-13-2023, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Ohhh, okay. lol Actually, that almost sounds familiar.
Totally true story. Google it, you’ll have plenty of results with his actual quote.

Old 02-13-2023, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Totally true story. Google it, you’ll have plenty of results with his actual quote.
Oh, no, I believed you. And I did look it up. Like I said, I think I vaguely remember it from the time.

Old 02-13-2023, 05:32 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,763,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nobody is blaming anybody.

He had peripheral nueropathy before -- it was always there -- he still has it -- it feels worse -- of course it does -- it would. As you age it feels worse.

He's going to Australia on a tour. He's not dying or anything.
He said that he had a severe reaction after the first jab that lasted about ten days and after the second dose, he said “my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks”.

He had a reaction to the vaccine.

Old 02-13-2023, 05:39 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,025,424 times
“I’ve had quite a lot of pain over the last year. It started with lower back pain, and turned into what they call peripheral neuropathy – which is where you feel like you have electric shocks going down your leg. [It’s] hard work to play guitar and I’ve had to come to terms with the fact that it will not improve.”

~ Eric Clapton, 2013

Old 02-13-2023, 05:55 PM

18,122 posts, read 15,704,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
“I’ve had quite a lot of pain over the last year. It started with lower back pain, and turned into what they call peripheral neuropathy – which is where you feel like you have electric shocks going down your leg. [It’s] hard work to play guitar and I’ve had to come to terms with the fact that it will not improve.”

~ Eric Clapton, 2013
Yep and in that article he opines he may stop touring because he just couldn't play without discomfort and how bad the pain was at times. I guess the vaccine developed in early 2021 that he took (AstraZ) got in the wayback machine to before 2013 when he gave that interview, and entered his body then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies