Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2023, 08:03 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,778,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
“I’ve had quite a lot of pain over the last year. It started with lower back pain, and turned into what they call peripheral neuropathy – which is where you feel like you have electric shocks going down your leg. [It’s] hard work to play guitar and I’ve had to come to terms with the fact that it will not improve.”

~ Eric Clapton, 2013
He never denies having this condition. He is simply talking about how it greatly worsened his condition after the first does and the second dose for a couple of weeks each time.

He had a bad reaction that seemed to have triggered a flare up in his pre-existing condition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 10:38 PM

7,188 posts, read 4,776,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
so here he saying that his 'injuries' were further exacerbated by his second shot?..wth?..if he was injured by his first shot as he is implying, why in the heck would he get a second one?..either fake news here or Clapton really is the dumbass he has recently projected himself to be..he should have stuck to playing guitar..
Clapton is an idiot. Guitarists develop neuropathy over time. It figures that he’d blame “the jab” instead of his history of outrageous alcoholism and drug abuse. He’s even been losing his hearing too. I guess he’ll blame the jab for that too. Getting old sucks. Mr Clapton is 77 years old. Not exactly a spring chicken.

Whatever.

All I know is that everyone in my immediate family got vaccinated and nobody has experienced an adverse side effect.

Old 02-14-2023, 05:36 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,944,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Interesting. He had the same reaction to his second death jab of AZ but then went on to get double boosted on Moderna. The aggravation/exacerbation of preexisting peripheral neuropathy makes some sense, article less so. I doubt he's double boosted on Moderna after the AZ aggravation.

Basically what you've got is the Dr. MD fellow lying. The peripheral nerve damage wasn't caused by Moderna. I really highly doubt Clapton ever had any Moderna. But for a conspiracy quack playing to a low information mostly US audience Moderna is more recognizable than AZ. Then take some more creative license and ignore that Clapton had preexisting peripheral neuropathy and it was all caused by Moderna.
Exactly. I don't know why the quacks are falling for it when it is easy to find out for some people how common it is to have a pre-existing condition. Clapton has never issues for nearly five years before getting vaccinated and if I remember correctly, he didn't exactly do it willingly either. It would be one thing if it was a case of someone truly not having any known issue and then fall ill but we honestly don't know of any. Most people unless they are brutally honest do not talk about pain or medical issues they have. They just don't.

Old 02-14-2023, 05:44 AM

4,220 posts, read 3,771,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Exactly. I don't know why the quacks are falling for it when it is easy to find out for some people how common it is to have a pre-existing condition. Clapton has never issues for nearly five years before getting vaccinated and if I remember correctly, he didn't exactly do it willingly either. It would be one thing if it was a case of someone truly not having any known issue and then fall ill but we honestly don't know of any. Most people unless they are brutally honest do not talk about pain or medical issues they have. They just don't.
I know at least 3 people who had no prior medical issues and have suddenly been going to the doctor for heart problems since getting the vaccine. The doctors cannot determine what it is but have told them its most likely stress related. I find it very coincidental that these 3 people started having heart issues at roughly the same time after never having them before. One of them was against the vaccine, one of them had no opinion on it, and the other will get 500 boosters if they let him. Its kind of sad to hear the doctors denying the possibility of it being the vaccine because others medical professionals will tell you they have seen large increases in all sorts of medical issues since the vaccine was released. This is just my experience though, others may have different ones.

Old 02-14-2023, 05:51 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,944,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I know at least 3 people who had no prior medical issues and have suddenly been going to the doctor for heart problems since getting the vaccine. The doctors cannot determine what it is but have told them its most likely stress related. I find it very coincidental that these 3 people started having heart issues at roughly the same time after never having them before. One of them was against the vaccine, one of them had no opinion on it, and the other will get 500 boosters if they let him. Its kind of sad to hear the doctors denying the possibility of it being the vaccine because others medical professionals will tell you they have seen large increases in all sorts of medical issues since the vaccine was released. This is just my experience though, others may have different ones.
Isn't it funny how sometimes we should accept anecdotal data and other times we should? Why aren't there studies to truly find out? What do both the antivax and the science community have to lose? I have had four vaccines all were Pfizer, no issue. In fact, I lost considerable weight and have been healthier because I changed my diet and workout far more. But guess what, that is unrelated to the vaccine itself.

Old 02-14-2023, 07:20 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,231,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
He never denies having this condition. He is simply talking about how it greatly worsened his condition after the first does and the second dose for a couple of weeks each time.

He had a bad reaction that seemed to have triggered a flare up in his pre-existing condition.
It's also called GETTING OLD. Things tend to get worse, not better.

I have degenerative arthritis. Guess what, it gets worse as time goes on. At the end of Trump's presidency it was worse than when Obama was president. Same for Biden. They're both to blame!

Old 02-14-2023, 09:00 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,778,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
It's also called GETTING OLD. Things tend to get worse, not better.

I have degenerative arthritis. Guess what, it gets worse as time goes on. At the end of Trump's presidency it was worse than when Obama was president. Same for Biden. They're both to blame!
And yet even old people have reactions to food and drugs that can flare up pre-existing conditions. Clapton’s condition worsened right after the first jab and the second jab. Sounds like he regained normalcy though after a few weeks.

Old 02-14-2023, 09:51 AM

11,061 posts, read 6,011,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
But how is listening to one ex drug addict, health afflicted former rocker a better choice/more universally representative than that?
I've been without power since my last post hence me delayed response.

Well, when it gets to the point when one considers the word of a health afflicted, drug addicted, former rocker to be as valuable as the word of health authorities ..... Mmm ....

But that is the state of affairs as it now stands.

Thing is, in spite of the guys history and current poor health, his claim is still feasible, not because of his credibility or lack thereof, but because the vaxx is known to exacerbate pre-existing conditions. The vaxx is also known to trigger hitherto unknown pre-existing conditions.

So while I'm not defending clapton's blaming of the vaxx, I am saying that his claims are feasible in that his pre-existing conditions could quite possibly have been exacerbated by the vaxx. 'Possibly' being the operative word here.

Again, I'm not saying that the conditions that he is experiencing were, or even could have been, caused by the vaxx.

Quote:

Quote:
And yet even old people have reactions to food and drugs that can flare up pre-existing conditions. Clapton’s condition worsened right after the first jab and the second jab. Sounds like he regained normalcy though after a few weeks.
This is what I am thinking.

Old 02-14-2023, 02:40 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,135,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Isn't it funny how sometimes we should accept anecdotal data and other times we should? Why aren't there studies to truly find out? What do both the antivax and the science community have to lose? I have had four vaccines all were Pfizer, no issue. In fact, I lost considerable weight and have been healthier because I changed my diet and workout far more. But guess what, that is unrelated to the vaccine itself.
Well, Pfizer for one has billions in future revenue on the line to lose. And forcing everyone to get annual shots does generate income for health insurance companies. So there's that piece.

I do find it quite intriguing though that those who have no issues abusing themselves with substance use/abuse seem to take offense to getting a vaccination shot.

Same for the young women that I see going into a liquor store wearing masks to protect themselves against covid and buying an array of vape paraphernalia & tobacco products. Personally, I've known more people that got serious health issues, including but not limited to lung cancer, from smoking, then I've known who caught covid and either died or developed serious or long term health issues from it.

Last edited by FC76-81; 02-14-2023 at 03:25 PM..

Old 02-14-2023, 02:53 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,045,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I've been without power since my last post hence me delayed response.

Well, when it gets to the point when one considers the word of a health afflicted, drug addicted, former rocker to be as valuable as the word of health authorities ..... Mmm ....

But that is the state of affairs as it now stands.

Thing is, in spite of the guys history and current poor health, his claim is still feasible, not because of his credibility or lack thereof, but because the vaxx is known to exacerbate pre-existing conditions. The vaxx is also known to trigger hitherto unknown pre-existing conditions.

So while I'm not defending clapton's blaming of the vaxx, I am saying that his claims are feasible in that his pre-existing conditions could quite possibly have been exacerbated by the vaxx. 'Possibly' being the operative word here.

Again, I'm not saying that the conditions that he is experiencing were, or even could have been, caused by the vaxx.

This is what I am thinking.
Sure his claim is feasible. And just as subject to a few connecting questions as the typical "are you old?" and "are you obese?" questions to those of claims of hospitalizations due to covid. (Or worse, family members' deaths due to covid.)

Clapton has not only a preexisting condition, but this specific preexisting condition, a fact that was carefully left out of the initial claims here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies