Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 06:46 PM

288 posts, read 1,330,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
You Said it...

OP...no I am Not ashamed anymore of living in a red state then a I would be in I lived in a Blue state...
Quite implying there is a correct political party when politics is purely opinion.
I hate people who imply that there way is the right way of both parties...seriously...Shut up
I sure wish people would read! I’m not implying anything – I’m sharing a view most of the world shares that the Republican Party is a train wreck right now. Our entire government needs fixing but the last 8 years have been in the hands of a republican president who if you don’t believe has ran this country into the ground and is as stupid as the day is long than you must be smoking some powerful stuff and I want some too. (wait I don’t smoke)

By the way I'm not telling you what is right. I'm telling you what is stupid.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:17 PM

923 posts, read 3,098,186 times
Monumental1 --- I picked up a whole bunch of reps for my reply !!! Mr. 43...

Old 09-29-2008, 07:27 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,384,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
You Said it...

OP...no I am Not ashamed anymore of living in a red state then a I would be in I lived in a Blue state...
Quite implying there is a correct political party when politics is purely opinion.
I hate people who imply that there way is the right way of both parties...seriously...Shut up
First off, city-data affords everyone the oppurtunity to express their own opinions. The OP has the right to post whatever he/she wants excluding personal attacks.

If what the OP posted offended you; you could have not opened the thread. But, instead you posted your opinion.

How dare you pass judgement for all of us by trying to limit someone's freedom of opinion by telling them to shut up.

Last edited by First24; 09-29-2008 at 07:41 PM..

Old 09-29-2008, 07:43 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,198,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
I sure wish people would read! I’m not implying anything – I’m sharing a view most of the world shares that the Republican Party is a train wreck right now. Our entire government needs fixing but the last 8 years have been in the hands of a republican president who if you don’t believe has ran this country into the ground and is as stupid as the day is long than you must be smoking some powerful stuff and I want some too. (wait I don’t smoke)

By the way I'm not telling you what is right. I'm telling you what is stupid.
"Is there anyone really with a sane mind or an above average IQ that would still vote republican after all that has taken place in our country."
--Monumental1

You're not implying anything? Not trying to start some debate?

Old 09-29-2008, 07:43 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,295,158 times
^
Maybe it was an opinion, and maybe I am faulted to some point

But the the OP posted was OFFENSIVE, not anyone not voting for Obama.
I read the Post thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
- is there anyone really with a sane mind or an above average IQ that would still vote republican after all that has taken place in our country, or are republicans in your neck of the woods starting to get the picture?
But to basically attack someone calling people stupid, is not say someone opinion. That is being childish, if someone wants to debate why YOU THINK someone is a better candidate. That is FINE.
But to imply that everyone not voting with you is stupid is ignorance.
I am NOT a republican, I am an independent who happens to support McCain.
How dare I tell someone to shut up? Maybe you haven't been here long enough to see how immature this forum really is. I don't know why I keep coming back, its a love-hate relationship.
I am not limiting freedom, what the OP said...just wasn't smart..
Whatever the case, this is meant to degrade McCain supporters. That is not the purpose of this section of the forum, nor the Political section.
It is to debate, which some smart people can't tell the difference between Debate and Flame.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:56 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,041,974 times
I wouldn't feel "embarrassed". I know that the Republican party doesn't always do everything like they should, but most of us in Republican states are doing quite well despite the economy, war, etc. We support "status quo" because we are doing so well. For example, Georgia landed Kia's first North American plant, Alabama scored Hyundai, Tennessee got their hands on Volkswagen - all during the Bush administration.

I currently live in Greenville, SC where the market does better and better, even as the market "fails".

It is a wonder that us in the "Republican" states don't mind things the way they are, we're doing better than ever. It's hard to wrap your head around, but one size fits all doesn't work in this country, and not everyone can be happy or successful all at once.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:58 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,623,867 times
Thankfully I live in a Blue state that seems to get bluer by the day. In-fact the Republicans here are more like conservative Democrats in the South [ie Governor Schwarzenegger]. I could never live in a Red state due to the sheer embarrassment.

President Bush will leave office as the most hated leader our nation has ever had to endure. Republicans will have to live with the stain of Bush & the Dick Cheney for generations & the likelihood of another Republican in the White House will be decades away. In-fact the nation is moving so strongly Democratic that the GOP will be limited to the Southern states that seem so important for the Republican party [I wonder why?

Old 09-29-2008, 08:10 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,041,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
In-fact the nation is moving so strongly Democratic that the GOP will be limited to the Southern states that seem so important for the Republican party.
I don't think that this nation is strongly moving Democrat. If it were, we'd have Marx, Stalin, and Che statues on every corner (which we don't).

The Midwest and Plains states are much more Republican than any state in the South. I suppose it does take some kind of comprehension skills to realize that... Or not. I guess we can't all be as enlightened as you .

Old 09-29-2008, 08:16 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,623,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
I don't think that this nation is strongly moving Democrat. If it were, we'd have Marx, Stalin, and Che statues on every corner (which we don't).

The Midwest and Plains states are much more Republican than any state in the South. I suppose it does take some kind of comprehension skills to realize that... Or not. I guess we can't all be as enlightened as you .
And you speak exactly how a Republican thinks [generations behind the times\ insulated\ accepting ignorance as safe & generally insecure\ anti-social personality.

That's why the Midwest is in decline w/ young people leaving the old folks behind to watch re-runs of "Hee Haw"

Old 09-29-2008, 08:22 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,295,158 times
^
IT all fairness, I do Kinda agree with you...
You think exactly like a Liberal, think all conservatives are close minded Jesus freaks. Thinking that your way is right and no one else should disagree, "Bush is bad"... says a liberal...if anyone goes "well...hes not all bad..." "YES HE IS!" would say the liberal.
Apparently some of you think this is new, the young always lean Democrat and as they age they go more Republican. Liberals with the "my way or the highway" attitude... complaining on how the conservatives are crazy when they themselves are just as crazy. Go to far left or too far right the result looks pretty similar.
although the far left does have commies, but the far right has the Nazis...
You get the idea, siding with a political party too strictly is bad IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies