Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:24 PM

288 posts, read 1,329,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
and you speak exactly how a republican thinks [generations behind the times\ insulated\ accepting ignorance as safe & generally insecure\ anti-social personality.

That's why the midwest is in decline w/ young people leaving the old folks behind to watch re-runs of "hee haw" :d
lmao

Old 09-29-2008, 08:47 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,036,188 times
Quote:
And you speak exactly how a Republican thinks [generations behind the times\ insulated\ accepting ignorance as safe & generally insecure\ anti-social personality.

That's why the Midwest is in decline w/ young people leaving the old folks behind to watch re-runs of "Hee Haw"
I have yet to determine if you are being serious or not?

Old 09-29-2008, 11:03 PM

288 posts, read 1,329,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
I have yet to determine if you are being serious or not?
He / She is serious

See how republicans think and operate! Watch this video everyone (Talk about disturbing)

YouTube - Sarah Palin And Republican Hypocrisy

This one is funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6urw...eature=related

Old 09-29-2008, 11:06 PM

337 posts, read 1,529,199 times
Its such a crock you libs are trying to blame whats happening on wall street on Bush, oh but then you're saying hand us the money under the table while we bash you!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:10 PM

536 posts, read 2,155,006 times
Where I live doesn't make me who I am.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:12 PM

38 posts, read 155,539 times
what exactly qualifies a republican state? VA has a Dem Gov, and Dem senate, and almost Dem house yet we are red

Old 09-29-2008, 11:35 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,033,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
my state will probably always be republican thus i don't vote.
Then you have absolutely no right to complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
Yes, I'm embarrased to be living in North Carolina. It's a very pretty state with the ocean and the mountains etc... but we also have way more then our fair share of jesus freaks and other assorted conservatives.
You should have done your homework first before moving to NC. Tar Heels have never been very liberal, nor will they ever be.

As far as "jesus freaks", if that's your term about being highly religious-minded, then my theory is correct. You DID move to the wrong state.

Perhaps moving to a less embarrassing one would benefit you immensely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
I wouldn't feel "embarrassed". I know that the Republican party doesn't always do everything like they should, but most of us in Republican states are doing quite well despite the economy, war, etc. We support "status quo" because we are doing so well. For example, Georgia landed Kia's first North American plant, Alabama scored Hyundai, Tennessee got their hands on Volkswagen - all during the Bush administration.

I currently live in Greenville, SC where the market does better and better, even as the market "fails".

It is a wonder that us in the "Republican" states don't mind things the way they are, we're doing better than ever. It's hard to wrap your head around, but one size fits all doesn't work in this country, and not everyone can be happy or successful all at once.
Thank God for South Carolina.
It always seems to do well when others are faltering. Makes me proud to be a Carolina girl.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:07 AM

2,247 posts, read 7,032,229 times
I just feel sorry for idiots who are insecure with themselves to the point that they need to belittle others. An example would be to ask a question along the lines of "Do you feel embarrassed you live in a republican state"

So to answer the original question, my answer is no. Having an ignorant attitude simply towards someone living in a "Republican state" is far more embarrassing.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:26 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,613,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
I just feel sorry for idiots who are insecure with themselves to the point that they need to belittle others. An example would be to ask a question along the lines of "Do you feel embarrassed you live in a republican state"

So to answer the original question, my answer is no. Having an ignorant attitude simply toward someone living in a "Republican state" is far more embarrassing.
The fact that you are not embarrassed is the problem & why many Northerners view the South & Midwest as ignorant. I certainly would want to change things by pointing out to other Republicans that the world is actually many millions of years older than the standard GOP version of creationist science = 5000 yrs Any political party that promotes ignorance will be ridiculed\ mocked & why most Americans are embarrassed that we have such anti-intellectuals who call themselves Republicans. I'm sure some of the other nations have people like Republicans esp Arab countries who follow radical Islam [ie stone people].

Until the Red states reject bigotry\ ignorance there will always be two Americas. So long as Republicans never again gain the White House\ congress than most Americans can rest easy that the disaster of Bush will never be repeated ever!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:18 AM

2,247 posts, read 7,032,229 times
Quote:
The fact that you are not embarrassed is the problem & why many Northerners view the South & Midwest as ignorant. I certainly would want to change things by pointing out to other Republicans that the world is actually many millions of years older than the standard GOP version of creationist science = 5000 yrs Any political party that promotes ignorance will be ridiculed\ mocked & why most Americans are embarrassed that we have such anti-intellectuals who call themselves Republicans. I'm sure some of the other nations have people like Republicans esp Arab countries who follow radical Islam [ie stone people].

Until the Red states reject bigotry\ ignorance there will always be two Americas. So long as Republicans never again gain the White House\ congress than most Americans can rest easy that the disaster of Bush will never be repeated ever!
The fact that a "red" America and a "blue" America exists is because people like you are too partisan and too stubborn to work together to reach a common goal.

You still haven't explained to me why I should be "embarrassed". People are entitled to think however the hell they want to, whether I agree with it or not.

No one considers the South and Midwest to be ignorant, only closed-minded liberals such as yourself. By the way, people from the Midwest are Northerners. And honestly, I think you should be the last person to label anyone as ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies