Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 03:23 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,579,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
What do you mean by that exactly?
Is there something called liberal housing loans? Another thing – why would someone think what I am asking is inflammatory or condescending. The fact is most people here in the states and around the world view the Republican Party or republicans as uneducated, backwards thinking, racist, and greedy. I’m sure you know this – just as I know every republican is not like this because like I said I know a few who still have conservative views but don’t buy all the other crap anymore associated with republicans. You should read my original post.
What I meant by conservative with loaning was that the banks here won't lend to someone who can't afford it, which has been the problem with all the foreclosures in California and Florida. The banks there were way too liberal with their lending which caused the housing collapse. As far as the whole Republican thing goes, I know that's how they are viewed and that's why I refuse to associate myself with them. But I don't associate with the Democrats either.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:58 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,070,967 times
This thread has rabies and only a moderator holds the vaccine !

Old 10-02-2008, 12:24 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,599,409 times
C'mon guys....stop. This this getting embarrasing.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:24 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times
It was trying to die and you just bumped it up.

I'd agree that it IS a trolling thread based on its thread title alone. There are thousands just like it in the P&CO 2008 Presidential Election sub-forum. This one's no different, but as I posted a ways back, I wondered what it was even doing in General U.S.

It could get moved to the other place and I guarantee it will fall like a rock.

I was kind of being facetious in my post in case you didn't catch that.

I do agree that we are vastly polarized though. One's the Anti-Christ, and one's the Saint.

If you want a more intelligent discussion or "debate" with tighter restrictions and regulation, hop on over to Great Debates sub-forum.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:49 PM

238 posts, read 634,996 times
Default Libearls Make Me Sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
I've never understood why lower and middle class people vote Republican.
That's funny, because I was a Democrat for over 17 years before I switched to the Republican party and I can honestly say that I don't know why anyone with a brain or that has one that isn't fried out on LSD votes for Dems.

Quote:
Republicans are known to usually give the largest tax breaks to the wealthiest people.
Yep, and the Dems look at your paycheck (and those of the rich) and say, "man, we just cannot tax these people enough." The Republicans give tax breaks to the top percentage of income earners because they produce the most jobs. Why would anyone want to do more business that's only going to be punished by more taxes? That's like working 20 hours overtime and paying MORE.

Quote:
Taxes are used to fund social services,
Of which most of we don't need. The government has gotten way too big and is interfering with everyone's private and family lives. Who the hell needs another buracracy that just takes your money and produces absolutely nothing? That's such a waste of your tax payer dollars.

Quote:
public schools,
Which are failing our kids at the rate of 40% or more. But since the Dems have their union goons in control of our public schools, nothing is going to change. Gotta lovet the fact that Dems don't want you to have a choice in which schools you can go to. Most of the poor people in the USA are stuck in broken schools. They live in poor areas, pay little into the tax system (not that the Dems don't try to take more in taxes) and have no choice of which school to go to. Yet, you can choose whatever public university to go to. The Dems have a nice racket going there with our horrid public schools.

Quote:
transportation projects, etc.
Yeah, take a look at how great the Big Dig is in Boston. Lots of Dems need jobs so why not throw billions of dollars into a road project that has been going on for at least a decade. Your tax dollars at work.

Quote:
If no one pays any taxes, where is the money to fund services, education, and infrastructure supposed to come from?
You should be able to decide that. What a concept! Just take a look at all those private, religious and non-profit organizations that are around.

Quote:
Social services, such as public assistance, are primarily used by lower income families.
That's because they are kept as slaves by the Dems and can not get out of their public schools. Give them a choice to what type of education they can get.

Quote:
Republicans tend to cut government provided financial aid for college students, making it difficult, if not impossible, for students to fund their education.
Not too sure where you got this info from, but I <gasp!> WORKED three jobs to put myself through college! What a concept that hard work is. Most people, when given a handout, don't give a damn to take care of it as they didn't earn it. They squander it. Look at all the ghetto morons that are given a free ride to colleges that end up blowing it. Gotta work for your education, your job, your home, your profession, your freedom, etc. No one is going to give it to you.

Quote:
It would therefore not make sense for them to vote for a candidate whose policies are going to cut those services off. At least Democrats strive to have a progressive tax system, where wealthier people ideally carry a heavier tax burden than the poor and middle class.
Why should anyone punish the wealthy by giving them higher taxes? Companies will move where the better deals are. If you owned a car manufacturing plant, where would you move to: CA, where the taxes are 45% or TX, where the taxes are 15%? Simple business decision, no?

Quote:
It's better than the regressive tax system that usually establishes itself when Republicans take office, where the poor end up carrying a heavier burden of taxes than the wealthy.
No, it's not. Taxing those who have businesses makes it WORSE as there is no incentive to produce anything. And since when do poor peolpe get taxed? They have no money, remember? Take a look at what happened to Ireland when they lowered their taxes. Google "Celtic Tiger" to get a good idea of what I am talking about. The US has the second highest corporate tax in the world. That is why we are hurting. All the Dems want to do is tax and spend like the Liberals they are. I could never vote for a Dem again.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:31 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,305,026 times
I am non-party but, despite my disenchantment with Bush, I get very tired of the liberalism where I live. BOTH sides of the race this year are JOKES! There is one reason why I will not vote democrat this time either, but it's immaterial. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. I wanted Ron Paul and I wish to hell he had not pulled out.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:14 PM

51 posts, read 144,749 times
You know, if someone called ME a homo, I'd have to agree. I'm gay.
(hehehehe!).

Actually, yes, I'm gay. But I don't let it get in the way of a good discussion or thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Whoa! Calm down you gay basher.. what do you think this is..

Yikes chill buddy its a forum.. i wouldnt call people names, especially when you discriminate!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:38 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,305,026 times
Well, I'll tell you what, neither side represents any of the changes that I want! I've been bitching about the need to secure our borders since the mid-80's when I saw the problems coming, and neither one of the morons running for office this year wants to touch that issue with a 10-ft pole. And before anyone wants to argue that there are more important agendas to take care of first, I hasten to remind you that all the millions of illegals here have added the most stress to our healthcare system, and so that issue will NEVER be fixed as it remains.

As I see things now, it is clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right.

Chicago60614, I viewed Palin's selection totally different than you. You could very be right in that she was considered a candidate to appeal to the women. But I thought the reason was to appeal to the men's tendency to think with their peckers. My husband disagrees. Personally, I think do think she has ability to fall into the role and get her edge, I really do.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:40 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,377,605 times
Jesse Ventura 2012

Old 11-04-2008, 01:59 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,431,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
I’ll take OBAMA the Harvard law review president and graduate with Einstein brains
Give me a break!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies