Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 10:43 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,549,057 times

Advertisements

Leftists themselves are as dangerous as smokers.

Will they be banned soon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 10:51 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
They like you need to make their own decisions. If I were to return to the coal business and got black lung is that my responsibility or the customers that I'm serving?
First of all, what you wrote is nonsensical, but I will try to interpret...

I don't need to make decisions for other people. But part of living in a civilized society is to recognize and then ameliorate the risks to our fellow citizens. So, when we learn of a serious public health risk, we generally try to remove it in order to protect everyone who could be harmed by it. That's what we do. We don't ignore it. We don't pretend that it's okay to poison the people around us because a minority of our citizens want to enjoy their weak-minded addictions.

I'm really sorry that you are so controlled by tobacco that you can't help but advocate for killing the people around you who don't smoke. It's really, really sad that you are in that state of mind. I can't imagine giving any addictive drug so much control over my life. You must be miserable inside knowing that you have no control over your own addictions, and even worse, that you are so lost that you want to be allowed to poison others.

I hope you get better and beat nicotine. Surrendering to your vices because you don't have the willpower to quit is such a terrible way to live. It's definitely going to kill you at some point.

In the meantime, while you fight your inner demons, smoke at home.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:54 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Nope, their choice to work in an environment that allows cigarette smoking
Your choice to enter a business that allows cigarette smoking

I have decided to appease all of you non smokers who are so much better than I am, I will compromise with you on this issue.

I will quit smoking in public when all of you quit breathing in public.........deal?

PS ~~ Preach at home.
I smoked most of my life and it took me many times to quit and I finally quit for good. I never smoked around non smokers though. I thought it was rude. I guess that was just me though.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:55 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
That's not the same thing and that's not what we are talking about.
It most certainly is the same thing.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
It most certainly is the same thing.
Ok, so tell me how popcorn and milkshakes harm others.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:58 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
I smoked most of my life and it took me many times to quit and I finally quit for good. I never smoked around non smokers though. I thought it was rude. I guess that was just me though.

I don't smoke around non smokers or those who are allergic but I get tired of the non smokers who like to preach to me about the choices they have made to walk into a business that they "know" allows smoking.
If you don't like it go somewhere else and quit preaching at me and quit telling me what a terrible person I am.
The fact that I smoke has nothing to do with who I am, it is simply a habit that I have and I choose to continue.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I don't smoke around non smokers or those who are allergic but I get tired of the non smokers who like to preach to me about the choices they have made to walk into a business that they "know" allows smoking.
If you don't like it go somewhere else and quit preaching at me and quit telling me what a terrible person I am.
The fact that I smoke has nothing to do with who I am, it is simply a habit that I have and I choose to continue.
No one ever preached to me when I smoked. And no one ever made me feel like an outsider. But smoking isn't a habit, it's an addiction.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
we generally try to remove it in order to protect everyone who could be harmed by it.
Someone like yourself that would so easily give up their freedom is a bigger threat to the public than any smoker will ever be.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Ok, so tell me how popcorn and milkshakes harm others.
Firstly if you place yourself into an environment where people are smoking that is your responsibility. Secondly, these bans like the smoking ban are in the name of public health.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Firstly if you place yourself into an environment where people are smoking that is your responsibility. Secondly, these bans like the smoking ban are in the name of public health.
What does this have to do with milkshakes like I asked
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies