Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2007, 11:17 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,997 times

Advertisements

Hhhmmm, I had not heard about this "Gay Day of Silence." After checking the list of schools participating, I am very proud to see that my alma mater is on that list. I wish the high schools my children currently attend were on the list.

People need to understand that homosexuality is not a CHOICE. The friends I have who are homosexual have told me that they had these feelings from the time they were very young. It wasn't something they chose, it was there as naturally as any of your feelings are.

If anything, they have spent years fighting their natural feelings, and keeping their silence. Do you honestly think that someone would choose a life that is so difficult in our society?

They are God's children too, and I teach my family to look at the human being, not the label. If someone is a kind and loving person, then that is enough for me. God knew why he created that person - maybe it is to see how much love is in our hearts.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:23 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,377,367 times
Shame on you BerryPie - It is still inconceivable to me, in the year 2007, that there are people who have not evolved and remain as bigotted and narrow minded as the those who burned witches at the stake.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:24 AM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
Shame on you BerryPie - It is still inconceivable to me, in the year 2007, still have people who have not evolved and remain as bigotted and narrow minded as the people who burned witches at the stake.
I think BerryPie still has slaves.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:21 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
It isn't much more dangerous (if at all) than a straight relationship. The only one avoiding the truth is you and your religious brethren. I don't know if you're religious but I can almost guarantee it. Your religions should come out and start speaking the truth. You should call your events "Days of Hatred".
I am not religious but you do not need the Bible to have common sense. I have done research for the past two years about the gay lifestyle to educate myself before I made a final decision and I can assure you that facts gleaned from gay websites, medical sites and news articles would make most people recoil in horror. Parasites are common, bowel disease, public beach & bathroom “adventures”, higher rates of violence & suicide. A prominent LA gay organization promoted the "AIDS IS A GAY DISEASE, OWN IT END IT" because the percentage of aids in gays FAR exceeds that of heterosexuals in California. There are live sex acts in Gay Pride Parades in major cities. If we had the same conduct we would be arrested. I ask, if these are such caring loving people, why they would not protect children from their influence? One word, Fistgate…..

Old 04-20-2007, 12:27 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
This started out as a simple thread about keeping ones kids home on the day the teachers refused to teach.
You're wrong... the teachers weren't refusing to teach, as all the teachers were apparently there AND conducting regular classes. Some just chose to be silent, and write their instructions for the students - which was probably a nice change from all the noise in schools.

Quote:
The point of gay day silence in our schools, is to have the other kids at school notice the gays. I don't want my kids to notice the gays.
Wrong again. Do you even understand what the day was about? It was for STRAIGHT people to remain silent, out of respect for homosexuals who are forced to be silent their whole lives. So if the straight people are the ones honoring the day, how exactly is it "noticing the gays"?? You obviously don't have any respect for these HUMANS, simply because of your own narrow-minded views.

Quote:
The gays can go to school all they want, but my kids should not be forced to pay them special attention, when they should be doing math instead.
Then be a real parent, and tell your kids to stay focused on math... nobody was forced to participate, and if you want your kids to be just as bigoted/ignorant as you, that's your right.

Quote:
All kids should show respect to all people. That just makes sense.
I think you win the hypocritical award of the day! You're the one being disrespectful, by trying to make them ashamed and afraid... don't you see that??? (obviously not)

Quote:
I get so tired of hearing about gays. Can't you people just mind your own business, and leave the rest of us in peace. Do you really have to be so "into" our schools, even our little primary grades.

Get a life, and leave me and mine alone, just like I leave you alone!
I get so tired of hearing about Bible-thumpers... can't you people just mind your own business and leave us alone??

Geez, if you're this afraid of homosexuals being in schools, maybe you should consider home-schooling your kids. And btw, you are obviously not leaving them alone, or you wouldn't be posting on here & worrying so much about their lives. I live in San Francisco, and don't even notice as much "gay-ness" as you seem to.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:29 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I am not religious but you do not need the Bible to have common sense. I have done research for the past two years about the gay lifestyle to educate myself before I made a final decision and I can assure you that facts gleaned from gay websites, medical sites and news articles would make most people recoil in horror. Parasites are common, bowel disease, public beach & bathroom “adventures”, higher rates of violence & suicide. A prominent LA gay organization promoted the "AIDS IS A GAY DISEASE, OWN IT END IT" because the percentage of aids in gays FAR exceeds that of heterosexuals in California. There are live sex acts in Gay Pride Parades in major cities. If we had the same conduct we would be arrested. I ask, if these are such caring loving people, why they would not protect children from their influence? One word, Fistgate…..
Gay or straight having anal sex or sex in a public bathroom provides risks. This has nothing to do with gay or straight, that is just a sexual problem. They may do it more but that is a poor decision individuals are making, it doesn't represent the gay community.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:30 PM

"Your religions should come out and start speaking the truth."

It is gays who should start speaking the truth and stop the indoctrination of children in the schools. Children should only be taught to either not bully or at least leave others alone if they do not agree with them.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I am not religious but you do not need the Bible to have common sense. I have done research for the past two years about the gay lifestyle to educate myself before I made a final decision and I can assure you that facts gleaned from gay websites, medical sites and news articles would make most people recoil in horror. [clipped because I can't read it again]
Are you kidding us??? First of all, you're only talking about things that MIGHT inflict gay men... lesbians, on the other hand, have the lowest rate of STDs and related disorders. So technically, they cancel each other out. And was that "information" you read from 1985?? Because in case you haven't heard the current stats, heterosexual women are the fastest growing number of AIDs cases. Sorry, but it's no longer just a "gay disease", and if you really believe that, you're sadly (and dangerously) misinformed. Regardless, does any of this give you the right to hate or judge?

Oh, and as Shadow stated, these are sexual problems that aren't specific to homosexuality... anyone who has unprotected sex is at risk, and that's not something that's exclusive to gay men. Not to mention, many STRAIGHT people engage in anal & other risky sexual practices - and many gay men don't do these acts at all. Get a clue.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
Gay or straight having anal sex or sex in a public bathroom provides risks. This has nothing to do with gay or straight, that is just a sexual problem. They may do it more but that is a poor decision individuals are making, it doesn't represent the gay community.
For God's sake, gays even have websites dedicated to where to find the best bathroom sex and websites for "trying” to get rid of parasites. This is not a sexual problem, this is a dangerous problem. You cannot even risk sending your son into a public bathroom anymore. In Sacramento, I do not know how many stings they had for public bathroom and children's public parks for gay trysts. Truth.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:40 PM

And one more thing... where exactly are the "live sex acts" being performed? Because I've attended many San Francisco Pride events, and haven't seen any yet! They do have "Leather Alley" which is fetish-related, but no actual sex is allowed, and it's done behind curtains (and they check ID before you can enter). So if there aren't any sponsored sex acts at SF Pride, I doubt any other US city would do it - since we're the official gay city, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies