Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2007, 10:58 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,719 times

Advertisements

More and more parents are taking their children out of the schools which seem to be nothing more then propaganda factories for the gay agenda. This propaganda is very sad considering all the inherent dangers of that lifestyle.

Actually "The Day of Silence" is an appropriate name since gays do not want anyone to speak the truth about the dangers.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:08 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
More and more parents are taking their children out of the schools which seem to be nothing more then propaganda factories for the gay agenda. This propaganda is very sad considering all the inherent dangers of that lifestyle.

Actually "The Day of Silence" is an appropriate name since gays do not want anyone to speak the truth about the dangers.
It isn't much more dangerous (if at all) than a straight relationship. The only one avoiding the truth is you and your religious brethren. I don't know if you're religious but I can almost guarantee it. Your religions should come out and start speaking the truth. You should call your events "Days of Hatred".

Old 04-19-2007, 11:14 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Today I spent the morning at a high school, to give booktalks (a "promotional" library thing) to a number of classes... they were honoring the day of silence throughout the school, and many kids did so by taping their mouths. One teacher wore a sticker on his shirt, which said he wasn't speaking all day to show respect for the GLBT community. I personally think it was a moving tribute, and it makes me angry that so many are complaining about this. Would you rather they go back in the closet, remaining silent & fearful? Or how about we turn a blind eye to hate crimes against gays, and the alarmingly high rate of suicide among closeted teens. Would that make you all happy???

Btw, right across from a sign for the Gay-Straight Alliance, there was another for the Bible Club... so don't give me any BS about the fictional "gay agenda", or that religion is being pushed out. And this Bible Club is for a PUBLIC high school in SAN FRANCISCO - the most liberal & gay-friendly city in the United States.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:28 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,000,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
some activist on the left says they will not pay taxes for war, so I think it would be good to tax resist paying for public education or social programs
So you think that only people who can afford it should be able to send their kids to school? So much for equal opportunity.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:53 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Today I spent the morning at a high school, to give booktalks (a "promotional" library thing) to a number of classes... they were honoring the day of silence throughout the school, and many kids did so by taping their mouths. One teacher wore a sticker on his shirt, which said he wasn't speaking all day to show respect for the GLBT community. I personally think it was a moving tribute, and it makes me angry that so many are complaining about this. Would you rather they go back in the closet, remaining silent & fearful? Or how about we turn a blind eye to hate crimes against gays, and the alarmingly high rate of suicide among closeted teens. Would that make you all happy???

Btw, right across from a sign for the Gay-Straight Alliance, there was another for the Bible Club... so don't give me any BS about the fictional "gay agenda", or that religion is being pushed out. And this Bible Club is for a PUBLIC high school in SAN FRANCISCO - the most liberal & gay-friendly city in the United States.
Well said. But remember most religious people (the majority of people complaining in this thread) are against gays period, and think they are making a sinful CHOICE. That's right, they foolishly believe these people are choosing to live a life where they are constantly being harassed by others for choices they make that don't affect anyone but them. So they want them to deny they are in the closet altogether.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:05 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
Well said. But remember most religious people (the majority of people complaining in this thread) are against gays period, and think they are making a sinful CHOICE. That's right, they foolishly believe these people are choosing to live a life where they are constantly being harassed by others for choices they make that don't affect anyone but them. So they want them to deny they are in the closet altogether.
I know, and that's the ridiculous part... I guess some people believe in the old "if you can't see it, it doesn't exist". This is such a selfish attitude, since they're basically asking homosexuals to live in silence, just to make them happy. But then they turn around and cry "discrimination", if we ask them to stop praying in schools (for example).

Old 04-20-2007, 12:21 AM

366 posts, read 387,081 times
Well..I remember quite a few years ago when a couple of young people were convicted of murdering a gay couple in Oregon. Although I don't remember the details of the case much, it was regarded as a hate crime, and I remember thinking at the time that if they'd learned some tolerance somehow while they were growing up they wouldn't be spending the rest of their lives in prison.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:06 AM

244 posts, read 1,092,835 times
This entire thread is so stupid and does nothing but speak of the immense ignorance that plagues so many Americans.

All gays want is equal rights--the right to get married, legally adopt, and have the same financial benefits awarded that straights do. Why is that so hard for your simple, ignorant minds to understand?

Let me ask you something--why do you hate gays? Is it because the Bible tells you to? Because that same book also tells you it's okay to stone to death a prostitute, or some other "undesireable" person. Would you do it?

Has the fact that so many homosexual pedophiles entered the preisthood and taken out the most heinous of monstrosities on children (funny no one mentions that--hypocrites) changed your mind? Or how about how it seems the most blatant homophones themselves turn out to be closeted gays (Ted Haggard anyone)?

Hell, many of your husbands'/wives are probably harboring deep-rooted homosexual desires they're afraid to admit for fear of being ridiculed and exposed. I think you all are a bunch of hyprocrites and fools.

The ones who are most adamently against it more than likely are struggling with their own feelings of homosexuality.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:57 AM

178 posts, read 416,682 times
This started out as a simple thread about keeping ones kids home on the day the teachers refused to teach.

The point of gay day silence in our schools, is to have the other kids at school notice the gays. I don't want my kids to notice the gays.

The gays can go to school all they want, but my kids should not be forced to pay them special attention, when they should be doing math instead.

If the teachers and the students want to draw attention to themselves by walking around with tape stuck to their face, that is between them and the principle. The principle should put a stop to it. My kids should not have to be DRAWN into it. Geez!

All kids should show respect to all people. That just makes sense.

I get so tired of hearing about gays. Can't you people just mind your own business, and leave the rest of us in peace. Do you really have to be so "into" our schools, even our little primary grades.

Get a life, and leave me and mine alone, just like I leave you alone!

Old 04-20-2007, 10:08 AM

244 posts, read 1,092,835 times
BerryPie, I hope you realize one of your children and/or grandchildren may very well turn out to be gay. I wonder if you'll harbor the same **** poor attitude if this is the case?

I love the usage of "you people".

You know, they always say, some of life's most humbling experiences are a direct slap in the face of what we say we believe or disbelieve in. Keep it up, Berrie Pie. You've definitely got it coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies