Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 03:08 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times

Advertisements

[quote=yikesamillion;8884903When God created us He anticipated that all of us at some point would marry somebody of the opposite sex and reproduce to replenish the Earth.[/QUOTE]

You need to read your Bible - Paul discourages marriage all together and only approves of it as a last resort if you can't stay celibate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 03:31 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
And again, here we have choices.

The parents are probably just as justified in their choice to reject the lifestyle as their son is in the choice to accept the lifestyle.

I'm not seeing a problem here at all.
I get so annoyed when people say, "being gay is a lifestyle choice." That would be like you telling me, You're abnormal because you choose to live a left-handed lifestyle. Do you think I had a choice? Do you realize had I lived in an earlier time, I would have been called a witch for being left-handed and been burned at the stake? Sounds pretty ingorant doesn't it?

Old 05-19-2009, 03:37 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,149,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Its nice to know that these gay people put thier own selfish desires over that of the common good. Go ahead..call me a homophobe....I am not against gay people, in fact i know several as friends, but all this BS about "Gay marriage" is ridiculous. whats the big thrill over having a piece of paper? Does it really change anything? Will gay people love thier partner more? It seems like gay people dont care about shoving thier lifestyle down everyones throat. Because they are gay, everyone who is not MUST accept it 100%?
You claim that you have gay friends,but I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!! If you weren't selfish then you'd be willing to let ANYONE get married whether opposite sex or same sex.See here's the difference between me and you; I am a married father of four and if a gay couple wants to get married,how does it effect me? It doesn't at all.Unfortunately you are told by your preachers or right wing mentality that gay rights are wrong,so your blind leaders lead you(another blind).If a gay couple is allowed to have a piece of paper or a family insurance plan it should have no effect on you,unless you're a self loathing closeted gay man. Well are you?

Old 05-19-2009, 03:40 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I get so annoyed when people say, "being gay is a lifestyle choice." That would be like you telling me, You're abnormal because you choose to live a left-handed lifestyle. Do you think I had a choice? Do you realize had I lived in an earlier time, I would have been called a witch for being left-handed and been burned at the stake? Sounds pretty ingorant doesn't it?
Of course it's a choice.

Left handad use was frowned upon even as early as the 1920's because that was the hand that folks used to wipe their arse with.

Left handed use isn't as frowned upon today because of the leaps made with regard to personal hygene and the use of toilet paper.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:23 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,957,467 times
Quote:
Of course it's a choice.

Left handad use was frowned upon even as early as the 1920's because that was the hand that folks used to wipe their arse with.

Left handed use isn't as frowned upon today because of the leaps made with regard to personal hygene and the use of toilet paper.
Umm left handed people could have used their right hand to wipe their arse back then... like what a concept lol....If you used your hand to wipe your arse you used your hand, i don't think their is a moral preference for which hand should be used to wipe one's arse - though i'm sure that is probably in the bible - somewhere.

Dude I can't choose to be straight any more than you can choose to be gay. If I as a gay guy could choose to be straight, it would be fair to say you as a straight guy could choose to be gay. Why would you choose to be gay? Why should I choose to be straight. --- SIMPLE just live the way you are! You can deny homosexuality all you want - you could also wish for unicorns to start grazing for grass in your backyard - it isn't going to make it happen!

Old 05-19-2009, 05:27 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,878,546 times
Quote:
Of course it's a choice.

Did you make that up?
I cannot wait for the day when science proves that being gay is all about hardwiring, not choice.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:45 PM

58 posts, read 91,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Its nice to know that these gay people put thier own selfish desires over that of the common good. Go ahead..call me a homophobe....I am not against gay people, in fact i know several as friends, but all this BS about "Gay marriage" is ridiculous. whats the big thrill over having a piece of paper? Does it really change anything? Will gay people love thier partner more? It seems like gay people dont care about shoving thier lifestyle down everyones throat. Because they are gay, everyone who is not MUST accept it 100%?
You're right. I agree with the right to allow gays to marry, but it shouldn't be forced down others' throats.

Gay marriage is a seriously irrelevant issue during this time, when the entire country is in a crisis of corruption and debt, not to mention war.

Yes, let gays marry but 3/4 of churches wont marry them. It's just the way their bible was written, let them live by it if they like.

All humans have a right of freedom, love, liberty, happiness, etc. but most people wont allow anyone else to enjoy those rights because they're selfish and primitive.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:05 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Did you make that up?
I cannot wait for the day when science proves that being gay is all about hardwiring, not choice.
If and when the day comes of which you speak, it would stand to reason that a particular gene would be isolated, only to result in the abortion of the affected fetus, or better still, a cure be found for what ails the fetus.

I'm of the opinion that gay is as much a lifestyle as nongay is.

What would be even more interesting, is if science proved what we already knew all along, and that being, gay is a lifestyle choice, brought on by training in the earliest years of life.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:09 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,793,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxUniversum View Post
You're right. I agree with the right to allow gays to marry, but it shouldn't be forced down others' throats.

Gay marriage is a seriously irrelevant issue during this time, when the entire country is in a crisis of corruption and debt, not to mention war.

Yes, let gays marry but 3/4 of churches wont marry them. It's just the way their bible was written, let them live by it if they like.

All humans have a right of freedom, love, liberty, happiness, etc. but most people wont allow anyone else to enjoy those rights because they're selfish and primitive.
How would my girlfriend and I going down to the court house to sign a marriage license and having a small ceremony be shoving anything down anyone's throat?

You don't have to like it but I pay taxes like many people in this country, I obey the laws, etc. Why shouldn't I be treated equally under the law?

Old 05-19-2009, 06:18 PM

58 posts, read 91,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
How would my girlfriend and I going down to the court house to sign a marriage license and having a small ceremony be shoving anything down anyone's throat?

You don't have to like it but I pay taxes like many people in this country, I obey the laws, etc. Why shouldn't I be treated equally under the law?
It's not, but there are people in this country who try to make people accept something that they're against.

You should be treated equally, you have the right. I am all for gay marriage, because I think that gays and lesbians should be able to love whoever they want and be able to love them "eternally".

I just think that this issue isn't very important at this period in time, because we have bigger issues that need to be solved quickly or it will end in disaster.

I am nonreligious, and I don't believe in political parties, therefore my views and opinions are not restricted to any group or party.
I believe gay marriage is a right, and it should be allowed.
I don't believe that people who are against it, or for it, should be prancing around and causing trouble that we don't need so that their opinion, or what they believe to be true or fact, can be heard or whatever.

It's just something that we need to set aside for now, or get done with quickly so we can move on to more important issues like the national debt, and the war in the Mid-East.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies