Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 12:31 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,907,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I would probably kick him too and then tell my mom and the police.
I didn't tell my Mom, I rather, told my Dad ... trust me, the guy was dealt with (thanks Dad)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 12:35 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,149,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanByBirth View Post
I never said they weren't good people. I don't have a problem with gay people, just not my cup of tea.
See that's the thing..it's not my cup of tea either.I would never consider doing any homosexual act even if I wasn't married but the fact that i'm straight doesn't mean everyone else has to follow my way. That's the major problem especially with catholicism. It preaches about a higher power and Jesus but what you have to realize is that alot of people don't believe in either and my religion which came before it (judaism) doesn't acknowledge Jesus the way you do,so are we wrong or you? That's why I think it's fine to be gay,because if two religions can be so different on what's right and wrong then, who are we to judge?

Old 05-20-2009, 12:42 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,149,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Well you did seem pretty uptight about it all ... no wonder, what with you not being gay and all.

The friends I have are professional people and most would never have them pegged as being gay unless they knew them.

My gay friends are much more laid back about most of this stuff. None of them are the flaming-bo types either. They have their concerns of course, and their reasoning about such things is what keeps the dialouge going and our friendships alive. It's okay with them that I'm not gay, and do the best they can to explain how things are with being gay in a straight world.
I was stationed in Missouri in the early 90's and had a gay friend Rob and a bi-friend Mark.Mark was totally out exept to his superiors and Rob had told me in confidence.The thing was that they knew I was straight and nothing would change that,and they never pressed it.They were good loyal friends and I enjoyed their company.Marc eventually married another friend of mine Angie,but she knew how he was. With him,I believe he fell in love with her as a person and not based on whether she was a man or a woman.After I left I lost track of them but it gave me a solid perspective that all people should be treated equal as long as they are nice.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:15 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Well you did seem pretty uptight about it all ... no wonder, what with you not being gay and all.

The friends I have are professional people and most would never have them pegged as being gay unless they knew them.

My gay friends are much more laid back about most of this stuff. None of them are the flaming-bo types either. They have their concerns of course, and their reasoning about such things is what keeps the dialouge going and our friendships alive. It's okay with them that I'm not gay, and do the best they can to explain how things are with being gay in a straight world.
This has to be the best **** and bull story I've read on city-data. You've already hit bottom but continue to dig. You've had converations with gay "friends" and now you have all kinds of insulting and offensive theories.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,022 times
Being a homosexual is a sin according to the word of God and I'll prove it. It's the act that's judge not the person committing the act.

Old Testament Proof:

Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

New Testament Proof:

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1Co 7:1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
1Co 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
1Co 7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

Now I know these are parts of scriptures but pasting in the whole chapter is silly just read the rest for yourself because the whole chapter is relevant. I like gay's and lesbain's most are very nice, loving, and funny. But the fact of the matter is it's not the person it's the sin that makes them wrong.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:25 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,712,606 times
Did you really have to go searching for an old thread just to perpetuate bigotry with your first post?

Let's move on. Black people got freedom, then women, then everybody got civil rights ... now it's time for homosexuals. It's the natural progression of a society advancing toward a more perfect union.

I think it's cute that the OP rants about why homosexuals make a big deal about marriage, not ever asking why heterosexuals make a big deal about marriage.

One can be a bigot in private, and various religions can oppose or favor whatever they choose, but the issue of gay marriage is not a spiritual one, so quoting the Bible is irrelevant to a nation founded on secular principles. It's a legal one. A government can't offer legal rights to one group and not another.

therein lies the rub.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:27 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
I'm sick of hearing about gay marriage!

Just tell your boyfriend no.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:55 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxf124 View Post
Being a homosexual is a sin according to the word of God and I'll prove it. It's the act that's judge not the person committing the act.

Old Testament Proof:

Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

New Testament Proof:

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1Co 7:1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
1Co 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
1Co 7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

Now I know these are parts of scriptures but pasting in the whole chapter is silly just read the rest for yourself because the whole chapter is relevant. I like gay's and lesbain's most are very nice, loving, and funny. But the fact of the matter is it's not the person it's the sin that makes them wrong.
And what proof do you offer those who do not follow the same belief system that you do?

Old 07-26-2009, 05:56 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanByBirth View Post

I do think, however, that certain influences when young can steer a person towards homosexuality.
Such as being born gay.

That's a pretty big one.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:13 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,712,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
deleted quote
All that complaining about being treated like second-class citizens - having to hide who they are in the military, unable to legally commit to the one they love.... such whiners.

If only black people and women would have accepted their subserviant place in society, these gays would never have gotten these crazy ideas of equality in their mind.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-27-2009 at 07:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies