Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:23 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,767,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Well, I do get pissed off when I hold the door and I don't get a respectable "thank you" in return. Bad manners, perhaps. Or hatred for whitey. Who knows. But I quit holding doors for black women about 15 years ago. Doesn't take too many times without a respectable "thank you" to notice a trend. Coffee on the dress? Who cares. Hands full? Who cares. Learn some manners, and you'll get respect in return.

well that just shows you have stereotyped an entire group of people. I guess at least you admit you are racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
My Dad is a well educated white man who worked in the same job for more then 40 years and was SCREWED OVER and discriminated against because of affirmative action.

So yes, educated, talented and responsible, a 40+ year employee who was valuable to his company was screwed over for a job that he thought we would retire doing. Then he comes the screw job, a minority with a simple associates degree in basket weaving is handed the job and the huge pay.

My Father sit back and said nothing.

It did not take long for the fool to show himself and he was gone, fired of course! Then came the Naacp saying he was discriminated against.

His job performance and days being late and missed days shut them down real quick.

And of course my Father took the job, fixed the problems he caused and worked for a few years in that job and retired proud and with a hefty retirement.

So to answer the OP, yes, the most talented white man today gets discriminated against all the time.

dont make up stories. affirmative action would not replace an 40 year existing employee with someone new simply due to race. That is not how it works at all, not even close.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:26 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
well that just shows you have stereotyped an entire group of people. I guess at least you admit you are racist.
Not at all. Nothing racist about it. If anything, its the black women that are exercising racism. It's a personal observation based on personal experience. Only a liberal like yourself would view it any differently. You can try to put me in a box and label me, like the left are famous for, but it doesn't work on me. Nice try, but total fail.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:27 PM

486 posts, read 1,035,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
My Dad is a well educated white man who worked in the same job for more then 40 years and was SCREWED OVER and discriminated against because of affirmative action.

So yes, educated, talented and responsible, a 40+ year employee who was valuable to his company was screwed over for a job that he thought we would retire doing. Then he comes the screw job, a minority with a simple associates degree in basket weaving is handed the job and the huge pay.

My Father sit back and said nothing.

It did not take long for the fool to show himself and he was gone, fired of course! Then came the Naacp saying he was discriminated against.

His job performance and days being late and missed days shut them down real quick.

And of course my Father took the job, fixed the problems he caused and worked for a few years in that job and retired proud and with a hefty retirement.

So to answer the OP, yes, the most talented white man today gets discriminated against all the time.
Is this story 100% true? Come on ya good Christian boy, tell the truth! It's always those damned lazy minorities in your mind, right? Try and lay off the Beck, Hannity, and Limbaugh for a day or two, okay?

Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 PM

poor white males (i am one) feel bad for us we have no opportunities in life. Give me a break, any slight discrimination that may happen is nothing compared to what women, african americans and others have gone through and continue to go through today.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Not at all. Nothing racist about it. If anything, its the black women that are exercising racism. It's a personal observation based on personal experience. Only a liberal like yourself would view it any differently.

you assumed that because some black women did not say thank you that they are all similar. That is the definition of discrimination. You grouped people simply by color and gender.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post
Is this story 100% true? Come on ya good Christian boy, tell the truth! It's always those damned lazy minorities in your mind, right? Try and lay off the Beck, Hannity, and Limbaugh for a day or two, okay?

haha we both called it at the same time.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:33 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
you assumed that because some black women did not say thank you that they are all similar. That is the definition of discrimination. You grouped people simply by color and gender.
Some? Were you there with me during those observations? What part of my post did you not understand? Do I need to define the term "trend" for you?

Typical liberal. If it can't be put in a box and a label slapped on it, then it must not be right.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:34 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
dont make up stories. affirmative action would not replace an 40 year existing employee with someone new simply due to race. That is not how it works at all, not even close.

Fact is it did work and this was in the 1990's when AA was still going strong.

You need to wake up some, many whites were replaced or forced into early retirement by AA.

AA had no rules and you know it.

The loser who took the job and was fired filed one lawsuit after another but of course he lost them all.

The man showed up late on his first day of work, what does that tell you?

Old 11-05-2009, 10:35 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,879 times
Straight white males

1. Make more on average than any other group for the same jobs in America. Including white women. Male–female income disparity in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (yes I know wiki, but the sources at the bottom are legit) Income Disparity Persists Between Blacks, Whites : NPR

2. Have held power in this country by law or custom since the nations inception.

3. Tend to be the main 'cross over offenders' in crimes aimed at non-straight-white-christian-males (hate crime, racial, gender, religious, etc) by an overwhelming degree. Like, 2/3 to 4/5 of all hate crimes are committed by straight white males against someone else, despite straight white males only representing 1/3 of the nation. Federal Bureau of Investigation - How To, Use Our Resources

Nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies