Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:42 PM

486 posts, read 1,035,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Fact is it did work and this was in the 1990's when AA was still going strong.

You need to wake up some, many whites were replaced or forced into early retirement by AA.

AA had no rules and you know it.

The loser who took the job and was fired filed one lawsuit after another but of course he lost them all.

The man showed up late on his first day of work, what does that tell you?
Come on now, tell the truth...was your little story about your good ol' pops true? Or was it made up?

People like you get so brainwashed into hating people that they lose track of what's really happened and what hasn't sometimes. Come on, I was raised a Christian, and it's totally immoral to make up stories just to make someone look bad. It's also immoral to hate any of God's creations based on skin color, nationality, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
you assumed that because some black women did not say thank you that they are all similar. That is the definition of discrimination. You grouped people simply by color and gender.
Only the feeble mind of a liberal would come to this conclusion. I never said that "all" black women were the same. I said that I stopped holding doors for black women based on numerous disrespectful experiences. Contrary to popular liberal theory, humans are supposed to be free-thinking types. While you may adhere to the confines of political correctness forced on you by your liberal master's, I do not. If I choose not to hold a door for any particular group or individual, that is what I will do. Bet on it.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:49 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post
Come on now, tell the truth...was your little story about your good ol' pops true? Or was it made up?

People like you get so brainwashed into hating people that they lose track of what's really happened and what hasn't sometimes. Come on, I was raised a Christian, and it's totally immoral to make up stories just to make someone look bad. It's also immoral to hate any of God's creations based on skin color, nationality, etc.
I would give you the place of employment so you could dig it up for yourself but it would be putting his life in some wacko left wingers hands.

Wish I could because you could even visit the location and see his retirement plaque in the hallway, but I would fear for his life because he filled out affidavits to the fact that the loser came to work late, missed several days and left the job in a total mess that he fixed after the loser left.

Believe it or not, he was a well educated, respectable and committed to his job man who got SCREWED because he was white.

The thing about him was he knew this was coming and sit and back said nothing to the company or the newly hired moron. In the end, he ended up with the job anyway and got the huge retirement that went along with the high position.

Who cares what you really think anyway? I don't!!

You probably have never worked a job for more then a month to even understand commitment to a job.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:49 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,767,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Not at all. Nothing racist about it. If anything, its the black women that are exercising racism. It's a personal observation based on personal experience. Only a liberal like yourself would view it any differently. You can try to put me in a box and label me, like the left are famous for, but it doesn't work on me. Nice try, but total fail.

really. I am labeling? You have not held a door for a black women in 15 years but its me? You personally observed individuals not every black woman on the planet.

Nothing worse than a racist who won't even admit they are racist.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:50 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,066,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
On another thread, I was surprised to learn that a lot of straight, white guys feel that they feel like a minority or that society is biased against them.

Do straight, white males really face discrimination? If so, how? Please give examples.

I'm hoping for sincere and intelligent answers. Thanks.
Haha, nope. It is good to be white, straight, and male. I've had way more opportunities handed to me, faced much less discrimination, and generally had an easier time of things than I would have had I been any other race, color, or sex.

This holds true in Caucasian societies as well as other societies. In traffic stops or other police actions, I was never regarded with suspicion or guardedness. In job interviews, it was almost always an old guy of my race making the decision to hire or not, so I didn't worry that he would have some deep-seated prejudice in his decision.

When traveling abroad, Hollywood helped export the idea that I was a heavily-armed action hero, cowboy, or just generally desirable character, and US-friendly countries looked at my face and remembered similar faces sending them aid, helping with disaster relief, or at least talking about supporting their causes. I can cross borders with impunity. All I need are the right papers and some decent clothes. I get waved through checkpoints where others are detained.

Even in countries we fought against, like in North[ern] Vietnam, a man who had hidden in a cave with his family while US forces had bombed his town and laced the fields with anti-personnel mines was all smiles and said we should now be friends when I spoke to him.

When living in neighborhoods or shopping in areas with few whites, I was regarded with friendship or at very worst--curiosity, unlike how my own race might treat those same minorites should they move into a all-white neighborhood.

Are there some scholarships, awards, or places I'm not eligible for? Sure, but they are few and far between. Is there a chance I might be edged out of a job by a slightly-less-qualified individual because of a quota? Maybe, but not by someone wildly underqualified, more than likely it will be someone just as qualified who also happens to help diversify that workplace. Judging by some of the places I've worked and the attitudes I've overheard, there are still workplaces that could use some diversity of people and viewpoints.

Are there places my skin makes me [feel] unwelcome or edgy? Sure, but there would be many more of those kinds of places for me were I any other race.

Overall, it's still good to be white, straight, and male, IMO.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post

I have yet to find a liberal that has any moral values.

And yes, it is wrong to hate the talent educated white man based on his color.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
really. I am labeling? You have not held a door for a black women in 15 years but its me? You personally observed individuals not every black woman on the planet.

Nothing worse than a racist who won't even admit they are racist.

Why didn't the woman open the door for him? Were they being racist?

Old 11-05-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Only the feeble mind of a liberal would come to this conclusion. I never said that "all" black women were the same. I said that I stopped holding doors for black women based on numerous disrespectful experiences. Contrary to popular liberal theory, humans are supposed to be free-thinking types. While you may adhere to the confines of political correctness forced on you by your liberal master's, I do not. If I choose not to hold a door for any particular group or individual, that is what I will do. Bet on it.

LISTEN TO YOURSELF.....you continue to reinforce that you are judging an entire group of people. That is racism. As for your other nonsense comments hahahahahahahahahahahahah

oh by the way you again showe stereotype by calling liberals feeble minded.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:54 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
LISTEN TO YOURSELF.....you continue to reinforce that you are judging an entire group of people. That is racism. As for your other nonsense comments hahahahahahahahahahahahah

oh by the way you again showe stereotype by calling liberals feeble minded.
You definitely don't know me. A racist I am not. Stick around the forum for a while though, you'll see fully my extreme dislike for liberal ideology, which has nothing to do with race, but everything to do with whiney, big-government, free-love-for all, welfare-for-all, limp-wristed policy.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Why didn't the woman open the door for him? Were they being racist?

What??? you guys are so stuck in your little world of hatred of anyone different you can't even see yourselves doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies