Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 12:10 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And you realize the taxpayers pick up the tab for the resulting R&D, by way of higher vehicle costs?
Frankie, you wild and crazy guy!

The actual numbers on the cost for meeting the new CAFE numbers? About a thousand dollars per vehicle. The savings in fuel costs over the life of the vehicle? About $4000 per vehicle.

These new CAFE standards will save consumers money, about $3000 per vehicle.

It also redirects money AWAY from unreliable foreign governments that bankroll terrorism and towards automotive companies that create jobs in America.

Why do you want to bankroll terrorism and destroy American jobs at the same time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 12:12 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,040 times
Quote:
Cite?
Which is exactly why we don't need legislation or the further politization of the private sector (assuming the poll is accurate).
deforrest, your republican backers back what obama did, 62 percent support it.

when are you going to be reasonable and accept that not everything the president does is bad.

i notice that you always look for an angle on anything to attack the president with.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Proof is in the pudding. Now I'm not going to get into some argument about the EPA here or your ignorant comment as that is not the topic of the thread. Nice try.
Yeah, Chiefy...why would you need facts when you've got the TRUTH.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:16 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Yeah, Chiefy...why would you need facts when you've got the TRUTH.
KUChief is never going to say anything positive about Obama.

I didn't expect DeForrest though to be that way. He seemed at least somewhat rational in prior posts I saw.

But he's reverting back to the attack attack attack anything angle that is annoying.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:16 PM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Frankie, you wild and crazy guy!

The actual numbers on the cost for meeting the new CAFE numbers? About a thousand dollars per vehicle. The savings in fuel costs over the life of the vehicle? About $4000 per vehicle.

These new CAFE standards will save consumers money, about $3000 per vehicle.

It also redirects money AWAY from unreliable foreign governments that bankroll terrorism and towards automotive companies that create jobs in America.

Why do you want to bankroll terrorism and destroy American jobs at the same time?
I want what what I want, and if enough people feel the same way, someone will provide it.
If we all like it enough, both the we the consumer and the provider will benefit.

They don't teach you that in government school do they?

Cite for your cost figures?

Old 07-30-2011, 12:22 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
I want what what I want, and if enough people feel the same way, someone will provide it.
If we all like it enough, both the we the consumer and the provider will benefit.

How can one say that you will save $4K dollars on fuel costs in the year 2017 or whatever this thing kicks in when you don't even know what a gallon of gas will cost then? Utter insanity. The way inflation is gonna kick in a gallon of gas will be ten bucks in ten years.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:23 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
That was meant to go the the milf

Old 07-30-2011, 12:24 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,936,908 times
Quote:
Your silly diatribe aside, I don't advocate for any action that harms others, (i.e. the environment).
I also don't buy into the Marxist notion that " the general welfare" gives the incompetent central planners an excuse to get into into every aspect of our lives and those of private industry.
You really don't get it at all?
Maybe YOU wouldn't pollute, but the laws are not just for YOU - they are for ANYBODY who might pollute. OR...is it really all about you.
So the general welfare of a nation is Marxist?
You want a nation with no "central planning"? No "centrally-planned" highway rules or speed limits on our roads for instance - ah freedom.
You wish to do as you please and I to rely on your good intentions - no govt interference? Um - no way!
A govt shouldn't act on behalf of its citizens?
Why must you be so vague in order to make a point? OK who are these incompetent "central planners" that are now in every aspect of your life?
I realize you're not serious, but others reading your stuff might think you are.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:24 PM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
deforrest, your republican backers back what obama did, 62 percent support it.

when are you going to be reasonable and accept that not everything the president does is bad.

i notice that you always look for an angle on anything to attack the president with.
I mentioned niether political party or name. Why? because both sides are guilty of sticking their noses where they don't belong.
You on the other hand seem to be just making it up as you go along.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Sorta explains the cocaine business in this country, doesn't it.

Quote:
Actually, Frankie...I went to an engineering school for a mathematics degree and currently work for an automotive supplier, albeit in a tertiary role.

Now tell us, what are your credentials on the subject.

Quote:
Reporter Dexter Ford of the New York Times, on March 15th, 2011.

Now explain to me why you always require citations from everyone else, yet you NEVER provide them yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies