Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:38 PM

156 posts, read 133,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that you may find that we still had the death penalty up to about 3 years ago when the Supreme Court ruled that it wasn't to be used in one state that used it and the rest just stopped using it. This man will get either a hard 40 or hard 50 year sentence. When the word hard precedes the years in Kansas it means no chance of parole, ever. I think that either sentence will take this guy off the streets for the rest of his life.

I have lived in Kansas all but three years of my 76 and I love it for many reasons. The fact that we had the death penalty up to the end is one of the reasons I like the place.
The man may receive a 40 year sentence, but will probably only serve 7 to 15. and, according to the news today at the DA's press briefing, they did not seek the death penalty for a reason they have not said yet. maybe they'll come out here in the near future with the reasoning why they did not.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:43 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Risked his life just going to work every day to provide a service to women in need with doomed pregnancies. Could have made just as much money NOT providing that service, but did anyway, putting himself in danger.

Read the article linked above. Those poor people had to travel to KS from NY just to receive a legal abortion for fetal defect.
That is sad. I believe it should be an exception IN EVERY STATE.

Quote:
If your wife was pregnant, and the pregnancy threatened her life, would you force her to carry to term?

If your wife was pregnant, and it turned out the fetus had ancephaly and would die during childbirth, would you force her to carry to term?

Those are the services he provided to women and was murdered for.
Sadly, there are people who would expect their wives to sacrifice their life and/or carry on a pregnancy even if their life was in danger.

In fact, some users on this board even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Hopefully not too much longer. But it's irrelevant if something is legal. As I pointed out, everything Hitler did was legal, but that didn't make it right did it...
Dream on. It will NEVER be illegal.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:49 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,272 times
Ill give a sh*t about Tiller when you libs care that he killed 1000's of babies..

Old 06-02-2009, 09:51 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Ill give a sh*t about Tiller when you libs care that he killed 1000's of babies..
It is not just libs that are unhappy about his death. Some conservatives too.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:25 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,200,354 times
The saddest part of all this is that Tiller, of all Doctors who perform abortions, probably did a majority for serious medical reasons (which even some prolifers would approve of) and less for "convenience" than the average Dr NoName, one of which can be found just about anywhere in the country.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:04 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Some members of this forum will likely come onto this thread and say the same thing, just as they did a few days ago.

It's disgusting....that's what it is.

I'm predicting a minimum of 50 responses on this thread and a lock within 3 hours.
So the murder of babies just weeks before their due date by live dissection is OK? I can't say what someone deserves for doing this, but I also can't say I'm surprised by what happened either.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 PM

[quote=newtoli;9102749]Really? A very sick person? By whose definition.

Anyone who is not also a very sick person. What justification is there for someone who chops up live babies the way this person did?

Old 06-02-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
I wonder how many people really know that although he did late term abortions not near all of his were late term. Also, one has to look at the fact that he was doing a service to many women and offering them care afterward and antiseptic care all the way. Too many people just don't see it that way.
I guess they didn't see all the good he did because they were too busy focusing on the babies he murdered.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Tiller was a murderer in your opinion and in mine but we don't agree with the laws about when life begins. He was doing a service to women that they may have to get from a quack in a backstairs room if not there in his clean, antiseptic facility.

Or they may have simply delivered their babies alive just a few weeks later. Oh Heaven forbid that should happen!

Old 06-02-2009, 11:14 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,317,471 times
[quote=momonkey;9109737]
Quote:
Really? A very sick person? By whose definition.

Anyone who is not also a very sick person. What justification is there for someone who chops up live babies the way this person did?
Mind your own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies